At the Fillmore in Denver.
Tickets: http://mofro.baselineticketing.com/choose.php?lid=65814
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow - that will be a great show!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I allowed my mind to wander instead of the usual “gotta get eggs, pick up a script, ortho appt at 2 o’clock, etc” thoughts that normally plow through my mind in the wee hours, and as usual my thoughts drifted to Mofro.  So I allowed them to float a bit further, and I had a wonderful thought!!  I wonder if Toots will join Our Boys on stage and sing “The Sweetest Thang” with JJ!?!?  How amazingly awesome would that be!!!!??!?!?!  I would hope someone would video tape it.

Ok, that was it, continue what you were dewin ………….

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
I love how your mind works Sunny. It's a little scary, but lovable. But yes it would be great if they did that. They got to...I mean how many opportunities will there be for that to happen again.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

Anybody going to this? Ought to be good. Eric Krasno of Soulive is on the bill too now.

TullyMars

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Clay and Everybody,

I hope you all remember me...had a great time in Jax Beach with you on a NYE not too long ago...well, yes out here in Denver we are gearing up for a little Mofro and Toots show.  I've been off the grid for a while, but we are back.  We last saw JJ in Boulder with Soulive this winter and we are just a little too excited to see the whole band in Denver next week.

We won't be able to see the Vail show, but plan to see them in Steamboat Springs that following Sunday, too.  We've got quite a contingent of Mofro fans out here.  I hope all is well with you all.

Take care,

Mark

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyMars
Hi Clay and Everybody,

I hope you all remember me...had a great time in Jax Beach with you on a NYE not too long ago...well, yes out here in Denver we are gearing up for a little Mofro and Toots show.  I've been off the grid for a while, but we are back.  We last saw JJ in Boulder with Soulive this winter and we are just a little too excited to see the whole band in Denver next week.

We won't be able to see the Vail show, but plan to see them in Steamboat Springs that following Sunday, too.  We've got quite a contingent of Mofro fans out here.  I hope all is well with you all.

Take care,

Mark

Hey there Mark!! glad to see ya back on the grid! 

please please

please please

please please

please please

pretty please with sugar on top,

can you video tape if (when) they perform

"The Sweetest Thing" and

Toots walks out on stage and sings it with JJ and Our Boys ...........

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Good to hear from you Mark. Absolutely I remember seeing you and your cohorts in Jax at the Freebird...2 years ago I think? And y'all got to meet JJ. Hope all's well in Denver. Ought to be a great show next Fri.

Lots of new people and lots of old ones around here. You can see Sunshine is ever the optimist and totally expecting Toots on stage with JJ. And she's still mean too so if he does and you don't video it, I take no responsibility for her actions.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I allowed my mind to wander instead of the usual “gotta get eggs, pick up a script, ortho appt at 2 o’clock, etc” thoughts that normally plow through my mind in the wee hours, and as usual my thoughts drifted to Mofro.  So I allowed them to float a bit further, and I had a wonderful thought!!  I wonder if Toots will join Our Boys on stage and sing “The Sweetest Thang” with JJ!?!?  How amazingly awesome would that be!!!!??!?!?!  I would hope someone would video tape it.

Ok, that was it, continue what you were dewin ………….

Don't forget that JJ said he was going to sing on a song of Toots' in exchange for him singing on 'The Sweetest Thing', so it's possible that JJ could come out and sing a song with Toots and the Maytals as well..

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
TullyMars

Reply with quote  #10 
Yep, Clay, we got to go meet everybody after the show...thanks to you...and yes it was at the Freebird.  We still talk about it!  How can I say no to Sunshine?  I will do my best to record anything with Toots and JJ together.

It's good to be back on this thing...always good people associated with JJ Grey and Mofro. 

I'll let you all know how the shows turn out in Denver.  But, come to think of it, I've never seen to a bad Mofro outing...Scottsdale, Denver, Boulder, Winter Park, Vail, Jax Beach...they've all been good to us.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #11 

Yea for TullyMars!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be EPIC!!

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #12 
So I'm dying to know... what happened?  I know they sang together, but I'm guessing it wasn't Sweetest Thing?  I'm sure it was great whatever it was!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Me too Habit. Meanwhile here's a short review and some great pics from HeyReverb.
http://www.heyreverb.com/2012/04/16/jj-grey-mofro-fillmore-denver-photos/#2
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Me too Habit. Meanwhile here's a short review and some great pics from HeyReverb.
http://www.heyreverb.com/2012/04/16/jj-grey-mofro-fillmore-denver-photos/#2

Hey, I just came on here to post that link!  Great minds think alike, huh?

It says Toots did come and sing Sweetest Thing.  Cool!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #15 

I knew it!!  Great find Mr. D!!!

But I wanna hear it from those that were there, I want to feel the energy through their story tellin ................. 

TullyMars

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi guys,

Toots did come out and sang with JJ for Sweetest Thing in Denver...my video wouldn't work...sorry!  JJ also came out and sang with Toots.  Great show!  We also saw them in Steamboat Springs...crazy!  Big crowd for both shows!  We didn't see Vail, but heard it was cold.  Steamboat was a little chilly, but once they got started, it all heated up!

Take care,

Mark

Attached Images
Name: DSCN1346.JPG, Views: 12, Size: 5.16 MB

Name: DSCN1356.JPG, Views: 16, Size: 5.66 MB

Name: DSCN1347.JPG, Views: 10, Size: 5.14 MB

Name: DSCN1337.JPG, Views: 14, Size: 6.11 MB

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter