Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #1 
Anybody got anything on Dazey and A.C. Parting ways with the group?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
AC is gone. Jeff is touring with someone else right now. No word on when or if returning. I saw the new lineup on the webcam at Windjammer last night. AC has been replaced by Terrence Higgins from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band (http://www.terencehigginsmusic.com/bio.html) and Jeff has been replaced by Marcus Parsley (http://www.rondettejazz.com/marcus-parsley/).  Marcus is a trumpeter. That, for now at least, leaves the band without a sax player.
MrsIndyMofro

Reply with quote  #3 
Well, I hate to sound butt hurt, but DAMN IT! 

I am REALLY glad that we didn't drive all the way from Indiana to go to Pisgah this Friday as we had originally planned.  We were just saying that Jeff was starting to vibe better and fit better in watching the van videos.  This makes me terribly sad [bawl]  First Art, now AC, and potentially Jeff.....who is next?  [bawl]
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
I know Mrs, me too.  We would've loved to be at Windjammer last night. Just watching the b/w webcam with no audio last night made me really miss seeing them there. But I can't travel much and now I'm glad because I'm afraid it would've been disappointing. I'll certainly keep the faith. JJ and his management know what they're doing. And it's still the band and same songs and JJ. But it damn near feels like the loss of a family member or something when someone leaves.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 
AC is going to playing with Roosevelt Collier and Oteil Burbridge in their band.
https://www.facebook.com/RooseveltCollier
http://www.rooseveltcollier.com/
MrsIndyMofro

Reply with quote  #6 
I'm still not over losing Art. LOL  Luckily we were able to see him with Allman and he gave us the low down on what went down.  I think Art is in a better place for Art now.

But I can't help but wonder if there is some bad blood going on.  I mean we are talking 3 band members in less than a year if Jeff is out too.  Seems like "high turnover". lol
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #7 
And how bout dem hounds? Will JJ ultimately end up a solo act?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Yikes!
RiverRat5150

Reply with quote  #9 
Sad news indeed.  AC was the first band member that i met.  Hung out with him after a show at the Freebird.  I was always impressed with how much he did with a minimal drum kit.  His playing and vocals will be missed.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #10 

ok folks..........

Change is always hard, and even harder when we don't know why. 

in 2007, when the Hercules Horns came on board and later that year we lost George, Adam, and Danny all within a few months, I was devastated, Mofro will NEVER be the same ...... again. ...... and these "new" guys came on board, I was like who is this Anthony, Andrew, and AC??!!  Well, as you awl know, I have come to love them and what they bring to Mofro.  and when Art left, wholly cow!! that was a tough blow....but look at him now, playing for one of his idols!  We should be proud!!

Rumors are never a good thing.... they can be hurtful.  Like back when the name change happened.  Everyone is like, who does JJ think he is, or JJ is getting pretty big britches and folks started to see him in a different light.  Too bad, cuz if those folks new the story, it would have touched their hearts.  See it was not even JJ's idea to change the name.  His beloved Granny came to him one day and they had a nice long talk.  She brought up to him that his songs are about him, his loved ones, his life lessons, and his emotions.  He should be proud and put his name out there.  She is very proud and comes from a humble backround, as does JJ.  well, he told is current members about his conversation with his

Granny, and every single one of them was behind the change.  He would not have done it otherwise.

In regards to Jeff, I can tell you (won't say how, why, or who) that him leaving was a hard decision.  It was not made in haste, and took him a long time to make it.  He left on great terms with JJ and is welcome back, full or part time, anytime.

AC has been with the band for nary nine years.  He also has side projects and all this guy wants to do is play music, we all know he can play any instrument and sings too!!  From what I know, He has been on and off the fence for some time about traveling, playing with Mofro.  There is nothing wrong with wanting a change.  I wish him only the very best of what life has to offer and thank him for being part of my M*O*F*R*O Music for as long as he was!!

JJ is like a brother/father to his "family" and wishes them only the best.  I think we should not start or believe any of these rumors and back Our Boys.  Yes AC will be missed, by me more than you know!  Many of them have become friends of mine, as well as many of you too.  Now lets back Our Boys and bring the positive vibe to our shows and left the negativity alone.

Now I am off to go and get ready to see OUR BOYS in BlackMountain!!

Oh, AND LIZ IS HERE, LIZ IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #11 
And if there was to have been any bad blood, it's between them, and it's none of our business. and who of us out there has never had an argument with a loved one or a family member? and for the record, I have heard of no bad blood........
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #12 
I echo Riverrat-AC did a lot with minimal drum set. And I will miss seeing him, he was always like a roving ambassador, before and after shows. Always had a smile and acted like he knew you. Guess we'll see him at Peach!

And he could play anything, I remember him playing a synthesizer with Ryan Montbleau Band at Brooklyn Bowl.
MrsIndyMofro

Reply with quote  #13 

I don't think that being upset over the loss of two more band members and wondering why this is continually happening with the band is negative in any way.  I'm simply grieving a loss. 

You grieve your way and I'll grieve mine.  If your way is to be positive, go for it.  Mine is to be pissy and mopey for a few days [bawl]  Will I get over it, of course, but for now I need to go through the emotions of feeling like I just lost two friends since I may never see either of them again.

RamZ

Reply with quote  #14 
I think I saw Jeff Dazey on a CBS saturday morning show.

Reply with quote  #15 
He was playing for Leon Bridges

Reply with quote  #16 
You did see him.  I caught it also.  

Reply with quote  #17 
I missed the CBS Morning Show. I think they were on the Tonight Show in June.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter