Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Here are a few videos from the Sun King Brewery that JJ performed at not too long ago. They are really well done, so I figured I ought to repost them so those who have yet to see them can enjoy them.

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #2 
This is Awesome Sauce !!!!!!!!!!!

( as Sunny would say )

Thanks, DT.

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, great videos.

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Mofro
This is Awesome Sauce !!!!!!!!!!!

( as Sunny would say )

Thanks, DT.

I can not
I will not
take credit for the term "awesome sauce" ...
for it twas our cutie pie WhereUat 
f
rom whom I first had the term bounce off my ear drums from

HI LIZ!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Lochloosa

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks, DT, for putting them all in a post.  I forwarded the link to this conversation to several friends, maybe we'll get some more members out of it.  Great performance, too!

I was in Indianapolis in March and had some Sun King beer myself... I didn't get time to visit the brewery like I wanted, though.

Reply with quote  #6 
Did anyone else notice that is says The Marine Band on JJs harp in "99 Shades of Crazy".  Ooh Rah.  Semper Fi.

Reply with quote  #7 
That's the brand... ???
Lochloosa

Reply with quote  #8 
Yep, that's the brand - Here's a link to one of there's may not be the same model (I know nothing about harps, just did a search)  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/hohner-1896-marine-band-harmonica

Reply with quote  #9 
Hohner is the brand of the Harp, Marine Band is the model name of the harp.  Marine Band harps have been around for a long time, over a hundred years now, and is arguably the most popular harp out there.  Alot of musicians swear by the Marine Band and rightfully so, they are quality harps for an affordable price.  There are all sorts of types and models of harps out there to do specific things or be made of certain materials.  Marine Bands have a wood comb.  They give a great sound, but wear faster than plastic combs or any metal combs obviously.  Each harp has a key, so it's not like you can use just one for every song like regular instruments.  Plus, they wear down with time and being played that it can get pretty pricey to have at the ready and in good shape.  At $40 a pop for say a Marine Band harp, if you carry 10 keys with you, that's $400 and they will need to be replaced at some time on down the road.  You can fix them by replacing the reeds and maintaining them, but it's not much cheaper to do so and time consuming, that it's just easier to buy a new one, especially if you are on the road as much as JJ is.  You'll notice every now and then during a show, JJ will have a harp go out on him while playing a song and instead of fixing it like you would a broken string on a guitar, he gives it away to a fan in the crowd, grabs his back up and goes back to work. 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
clo42

Reply with quote  #10 

any chance somebody know's how to convert these to mp3's?

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clo42

any chance somebody know's how to convert these to mp3's?

Can and will do. Shoot me an email to send them to you.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter