Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey Gang,
Guess who, and where in the hell have y'all been ? Well, I've just been one self centered mofo, and wasting my life with FB. So, here's the skinny, I recently sold my 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 XL, back to the family that I bought it from, more on that later. I decided to get me and my two boys some toys, as I write, I am waiting for mine to be delivered tonight, we're getting dirt bikes. Momo got a Yamaha PW80, Vince a Hinda CRF150F, and I'm a getting a TTR 259, gear, tomorrow the van gets a hitch, and a friend from myyouth is selling me his trailer. We're a going dirt bukin' ! Vacation starts at 2:30 tomorrow, and it will include a trip to Portland for the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival, starting our boys, twice on the 5th. Then, rather than stay there the whole weekend , we're heading unorthers east , to Yakima Washington, pick up mynephew, and over to Spokane, Wa. to take the boys to see the boys play on the 6th. Plus, this means well get to meet some of y'all from around the country too!!! Well, let me tend to some business here, and wait for my bike to be dropped off, and I'll get back with y'all. Well share numbers so we can make plans to get funky at the shoes ! 
Be cool,
Richard
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #2 
Honda not Hinda, 250 not 259.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 
Good Morning Richard!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
Hey Richard! You sound like a kid in a candy store there. Good to hear from you.

Since I don't know nothing bout bikes you coulda left that as a Hinda 259 and I wouldn't knowd the difference.
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #5 
King Clay and company,

Portland bound in the morn. Two days at the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival, and so that y'all know how dedicated I'm to our boys, we'll leave the festival a couple if days early,missing a great many talented musicians and bands. The likes of which, one of our very own boys from Seattle, who I have never seen live, and would certainly love to do so, but when the Mofro bus heads out of Portland, and back up to Spokane, I won't be feeling all that blue having missed Mr.Steve Miller, cause I'll be gettin' my continued fix of some JJ Grey and Mofro.
Trying to get things read for our return, which will include coming back home on Sat., load on Sunday and take the boys for their first rides on their dirt bikes, mine too.
Alright, y'all be safe and have a Happy 4th of JulyI.  I'll post more later ,

Richard
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #6 
Getting close.... Mofro is in the air. Saw Todd, DeLucci, and John last night and Farrell this morning.
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #7 
Two great shows y'all !!!, got pictures, some video, got backstage after last night's show to talk with Art and AC, JJ had boogied. Left him a new harp with Aaron, and a fifth of Makers for them all to enjoy on the bus. Saw Trube at the festival before the afternoon show, and so now it's time to pack up our shit and get the family out of the Marriott into the van, drive 3 and a half hours along the Columbia River and up into Central Washington to Yakima. We'll pick up my nephew, who is a big JJ Grey and Mofro fan, has never seen them live, and will continue to drive for a couple more hours to Spokane, to enjoy another show at the Knitting Factory,an plus meet up with some of you other die yards from across the land.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
You'll be meeting Craven Moore and Bad Habit and I dunno who else. Rock on Richard!
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #9 
Wholllly Shhiiiiitt !
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #10 
Richard .........

.......... could you expand on that please?

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #11 
I know, I can't wait for Richard's review  What a fun and exciting night it was!  No time time for updates at the moment, as we have quite a long drive ahead of us, but let's just say I've still got a smile on my face 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
If he don't come back and say more then it'll be Richard's shortest post ever.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

Setlist
Knitting Factory--Spokane
Jul 6, 2012

GW,
Circles
Ybor,
BD
That Boy
Hide & Seek
Whitehouse
Junior
Lochloosa
Ho Cake
EGIB
S,H&S
Orange Blossoms
E1: Sun is Shining
E2: On Fire

That Boy and Whitehouse. Fabulous!

Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #14 
Ok, after going to bed around 2:00 am having downed a Carl's Jr. burger and all, and not feeling as tired as I should before the  6-8 hour drive home, let me try to reverse engineer thisusical journey in its most direct sense. Oh wait, it's me thinking, talking, and writing, who am I kidding ?

Check that, start from the beginning, having left Seattle on Wednesday the 4th to head down to Portland. We got there in one piece, and as is usually the case the boys would rather hit the pool no matter where we go, and for me selfishly at something like a crowded event that's ok. I ventured across the street from the Marriott Waterfront Hotel to scan the crowd and take in a few shows at a couple of the stages. Don't ask who I saw because I'd have to look it up, butodor certain I saw some amazing harmonica playing. It was a bit bitter sweet because just two years ago, while at this same event, I saw one of the best shows that I have ever seen anywhere on one of the small back stages, with none other than
lucky Peterson and Muchael Burks. What an amazing show.

Now, I can't remember the order, but we ran into Todd in the lobby I believe first, chatted with him, all smiles, and he seemed as excited as us to be playing. We saw Chris as well, John and Arron, and then Farrell the next morning as he told us he had missed his flight. They all liked Vincent's top hat, and Vince was coming around to a greater sense of understanding why we all appreciate all that they do. He told me that " he's cool " upon every meeting of these guys. Then as time went on, he was keeping his eyes open for them too.

We got some lobby pics, and told them all how much we appreciated them coming out west, plus we were chasing them up to Spokane too.

Jang tight gang..,,,

Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #15 
That's hang tight, we're hitting the roadabout now, more later.
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard

Jang tight gang..,,,

That's hang tight, we're hitting the roadabout now, more later.

Richard, you don't happen to have a German keyboard there, do you? 

Well, to open the show with those super-powerfully nasty chords of GW, that gang of bad men busted through the doors, announced "Do exactly what we say and no one gets hurt", and for the next 2+ hours, held about 400 of us innocent bystanders hostage and tortured us with the meanest, cruelest, nearly nuclear-est assault of r 'n r.  Spank me again!  AC just pummeled that kit.  Pummeled it.  And That Boy, H&S (my personal favorite of the all the everynighters) and then Whitehouse?!?  At that point I told Bad Habit and Crystal, the young secondtimer on my right, "If they close with Sun is Shining Down tonight, I will certainly spontaneously combust".  Yep, sweep up on aisle 5.

Richard, sooooo great to meet you and Kathy and the 3 amigos.

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #17 
Sorry for the delay, getting home last night and geared up to go ride dirt bikes with my boys today, damn near half way back down to Portland,and then back home in crazy traffic, to unload and put away trailbike dukes and gear.... I gots lit more to say, just gotta make time tommorow after work, oh wait, that's right I gots me a dentist appointment first.  CravenMire and BadHabit, you kids rock !
Richard

really really long posts

Reply with quote  #18 
Trailbike dukes...what the hell? Damn spell check. Trailer, bikes and gear...jeeeesshh.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #19 
Really nice vid of Lochloosa from the Safeway.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter