Reply with quote  #1 
Festival in West Palm popped up today. Sunday 9/2 @ Meyer Amph
The band goes on at 6:30
http://www.musicjamproductions.com/bands.php

Finally a S. Fla show!
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 
And on the second day you get Toots and the Maytals as well!

BLiminal a couple of sets before Mofro...  Maybe we can have Liz talk to thier manager again and see if they will cut out early to give JJ and the guys some extra set time.  Ya know how we all loved BLiminal on Rombello, especially Liz!

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #3 
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.   Less than 10 miles from my house.    Awesome location.   Meyer Amphitheater is right on the Intracoastal Waterway in downtown West Palm Beach.   This was originally scheduled for the weekend of June 23-24 but was postponed because of the threat of major rain (parts of Florida did in fact get hit with between 5" and 28" that weekend).   This postponement turned out to be a good thing as JJ Grey & Mofro were not on the original schedule.

Of course y'all know what I'm thinking.    This would be the perfect weekend for a double billing show at The Bamboo Room (JJ solo and also the Greyhounds).   Just sayin'.    I'll have to ask my friends there if that might be in the works.
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaDave
Of course y'all know what I'm thinking.    This would be the perfect weekend for a double billing show at The Bamboo Room (JJ solo and also the Greyhounds).   Just sayin'.    I'll have to ask my friends there if that might be in the works.

Yes, Yes, YES!!!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

oooooo Dave that would be sweet!

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #6 
say no to hurricanes.
uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #7 
emailed them to find out kid info. if TBone needs a full price ticket, odds are, I wont be there.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Hope they're offering a kid's price. That would blow for having an all age show but kids are the same price as adults. I just looked at their tic page and it's down.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
say no to hurricanes.
no
uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #10 
they just emailed me back.
kids under 10 free.

so they may be updating currently
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
Way cool. Looking forward to seeing ya.
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #12 
About damn time they play a South Fla show!!!!  Lots of people have always come out down here to see them play, that's why I'm surprised that they don't play here more often.  Sucks that it's a festival as we will get a short fest set.  Perhaps Toots will come out and sing a song or two with the boyz.  This will be my first MOFRO show in a LONG time.....seen JJ a couple times since I've last seen the full band play together.

And it's an early show, so perhaps I'll bring the kids!!!  WOOHOO!!!

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #13 
I see Toots isn't playing until Monday, perhaps he will be there a day early!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley
About damn time they play a South Fla show!!!!  Lots of people have always come out down here to see them play, that's why I'm surprised that they don't play here more often.  Sucks that it's a festival as we will get a short fest set.  Perhaps Toots will come out and sing a song or two with the boyz.  This will be my first MOFRO show in a LONG time.....seen JJ a couple times since I've last seen the full band play together.

And it's an early show, so perhaps I'll bring the kids!!!  WOOHOO!!!

glad you are finally getting a full on Mofro show!! 
taint nuthin like have a 'Fro Fix
in the future to look forward to!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #15 
been since that 2010 halloween thing in popmano. didnt love that show, but whatever.

i need to smash together my video from that night and dump it online though
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 

Yeah hollis things have changed since the old days for sure.

Will be good to see you again stan! I agree about it being a fest and not being the headliner either. We'll probly get 10-ish, maybe more. Hard to say.

Seven Mary Three????? Is this the 90s?

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

BLiminal a couple of sets before Mofro...  Maybe we can have Liz talk to thier manager again and see if they will cut out early to give JJ and the guys some extra set time.  Ya know how we all loved BLiminal on Rombello, especially Liz!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter