Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #41 
Like many others out there, I'm trying desperately to catch up to the die hard fans who've been following the band for years  Here's what I got so far:

35 shows in 10 states (GA, FL, NC, SC, TN, KY, AL, IN, VA, NY)
+6 upcoming shows (12/29 - 1/15)  
+6 possible upcoming shows (3/25 - 3/31)
giggles swears we're gonna make the end of the UK run, so I went ahead and added it to the end - thinking positive thoughts!!!  

April 16, 2010

Live Oak, FL

Wanee Music Festival

October 21, 2010

Charlotte, NC

Visulite Theater

October 29, 2010

Tampa, FL

Ritz Ybor

December 30, 2010

Jacksonville, FL

Freebird Live

December 31, 2010

Jacksonville, FL

Freebird Live

January 1, 2011

Jacksonville, FL

Freebird Live

January 16, 2011

Tampa, FL

Skipper’s

January 22, 2011

Atlanta, GA

Variety Playhouse

February 18, 2011

Lake Worth, FL

Bamboo Room (solo)

March 19, 2011

Columbia, SC

5 Points St. Pat’s

March 26, 2011

Nashville, TN

3rd & Lindsley

April 7, 2011

Orlando, FL

Florida Music Festival

April 16, 2011

St. Augustine, FL

Rhythm & Ribs Festival

May 20, 2011

Isle of  Palm, SC

Windjammer

May 21, 2011

Isle of  Palm, SC

Windjammer

May 25, 2011

Lake Worth, FL

Bamboo Room (solo)

May 26, 2011

Lake Worth, FL

Bamboo Room (solo)

May 27, 2011

Lake Worth, FL

Bamboo Room (solo)

June 11, 2011

Alexander City, AL

Alexander City Jazzfest

June 17, 2011

Chattanooga, TN

Riverbend Festival

June 18, 2011

Atlanta, GA

Midsummer Music Fest

June 29, 2011

Greenville, SC

Handlebar

June 30, 2011

Lexington, KY

Billiards and Balls

July 3, 2011

Wilmington, NC

Greenfield Amphitheater

September 13, 2011

New York, NY

City Winery (solo)

September 24, 2011

Ponte Vedra, FL

Ponte Vedra (solo)

September 30, 2011

Cozumel, Mexico

Rombello Cruise

October 1, 2011

Cozumel, Mexico

Rombello Cruise

October 2, 2011

Cozumel, Mexico

Rombello Cruise

October 5, 2011

Macon, GA

Cox Theatre

October 7, 2011

Raleigh, NC

Lincoln Theatre

October 8, 2011

Floyd, VA

Chateau Morrisette Winery

October 9, 2011

Columbia, SC

House of 5 Points Pub

November 3, 2011

Nashville, TN

Exit/In

November 4, 2011

Indianapolis, IN

The Vogue

December 29, 2011

Jacksonville, FL

Maverick’s

December 30, 2011

Tampa, FL

Ritz Ybor

December 31, 2011

Atlanta, GA

Variety Playhouse

January 13, 2012

St. Louis, MO

The Pageant

January 14, 2012

Chicago, IL

The Vic

January 15, 2012

Detroit, MI

Magic Bag

??March 25, 2012

Buxton, UK

Buxton Opera House

??March 26, 2012

York, UK

Grand Opera House York

??March 28, 2012

Salibury, UK

City Hall Salisbury

??March 29, 2012

Birmingham, UK

Birmingham Town Hall

??March 30, 2012

Holmfirth, UK

Picturedome

??March 31, 2012

Newcastle, UK

Tyne Theatre

The Rhythm & Ribs show marked exactly one year since I'd first seen Mofro (4/16/10 - 4/16/11).  Below is the review I posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit

What a difference a year makes…

This past show (St. Augustine 04/16/11) was extra special for me as it marked the one-year anniversary since I first experienced this magic we call MOFRO (Wanee 04/16/10).  I stumbled upon JJ Grey & Mofro on “accident” via the iTunes “Listeners Also Bought” section.  I’d love to borrow Sunshine’s expression in which she says the band found her – my sentiment exactly.  I love all kinds of music and collaborations and was intrigued by the title “Country Ghetto”.  My initial thought was that it would be some kind of combo of country and rap/hip-hop – boy was I wrong!  It only took listening to a couple of the preview/samples before I was hooked and immediately downloaded the entire album.  My parents are HUGE music fans and I remember thinking I couldn’t wait to tell them about this “great new band”.  The next day I spoke to my mother on the phone and she says, “Mofro?  Yeah, Daddy’s been following them for years now.”  She then proceeds to tell me all about JJ, Jacksonville, and his connection to Derek Trucks.  Geez!  Where the hell have I been?!?  I asked when they’d be coming back to the Florida Theatre and she wasn’t sure.  I looked them up and found the closest venue was in Live Oak, FL at “some festival called Wanee or something weird.”  I had never heard of Wanee but looked it up, saw the incredible lineup, and bought tickets on the spot.  The rest, as they say, is history.

From “Ybor City” at Wanee ‘10 to “On Fire” in St. Augustine ’11 have been some of the most incredible experiences I’ve had.  I feel blessed to have found mofrofans.com and glad I finally mustered the courage to come out of the “lurker closet” and register.  The love, respect, and passion (read obsession) I have for this group of guys is impossible for me to put into words.  Friends and family don’t quite get it - in fact, I do believe they are considering staging an intervention – but the thing I love best about y’all is that I don’t even have to attempt to explain.  You get it.  COMPLETELY.  I also can’t quite articulate this strange connection I feel with the people here – those I’ve met and those I’ve yet to meet - (aw, hell, tryin’ not to get all gushy here) who are all incredibly kind, friendly, and accepting.  I felt it when reading your posts to each other, but to actually SEE it on Saturday was really something else.  There was this one moment that I wish I could have somehow captured where I was sitting on a blanket a few rows up from the crew (chatting with some other newfound friends that I had met at the Atlanta show) and turned around to see lots of you back there introducing family members, smiling, hugging, laughing, etc.  There was a palpable energy in the air (or maybe there was something in that BBQ sauce – whatever).  Anyway, thanks for the memories, and I can’t wait for the ones that have yet to be made.

With Mofro love,

Bad Habit

Here are some of my stats from the past year:

shows attended:  12 (thirteen if counting Charlotte)

shows in 2010 = 5

shows in 2011 = 8

states traveled: 5 (FL, GA, NC, SC, TN)

miles driven:  6,080

songs played: 202

most often played:  The Sweetest Thing (11),  Orange Blossoms and Hide & Seek (10), Georgia Warhorse, Lochloosa, and On Fire (9)

least often played: wow – there are actually 20 songs I’ve never experienced live!

new friends:  36

newbies/virgins introduced:  10

pictures taken:  944 (nearly one third of those just from the 4/7 Orlando show

new bands discovered (openers): 8

04/16/10 – Wanee – Live Oak, FL

10/21/10 – Visulite Theater – Charlotte, NC

10/29/10 – Ritz Ybor – Tampa, FL

12/30/10 – Freebird Live – Jacksonville, FL

12/31/10 – Freebird Live – Jacksonville, FL

01/01/11 – Freebird Live – Jacksonville, FL

01/16/11 – Skippers – Tampa, FL

01/22/11 – Variety Playhouse – Atlanta, GA

02/18/11 – Bamboo Room – Lake Worth, FL

03/19/11 – 5 Points St. Pat’s – Columbia, SC

03/26/11 – 3rd & Lindsley – Nashville, TN

04/07/11 – FMF – Orlando, FL

04/16/11 – Rhythm & Ribs – St. Augustine, FL

future planned shows: (fingers crossed)

05/20/11:  Windjammer – Isle of Palms, SC

05/21/11:  Windjammer – Isle of Palms, SC

05/25/11:  Bamboo Room – Lake Worth, FL

05/26/11:  Bamboo Room – Lake Worth, FL

05/27/11:  Bamboo Room – Lake Worth, FL

06/17/11:  Riverbend Festival – Chattanooga, TN

09/29/11:  Rombello Cruise – Cozumel Mexico

ps – before the St. Augustine show I was looking through some old concert pictures and found this one from the MofroFans1 Flicker album.  I was at Wanee and standing only one person away from the lovely ladies TW and where u at – didn’t meet them until almost a year later

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #42 

BH, in a little over a year, I would say that you have caught up to alot of those who have seen the band quite a few times.  35+ shows in that amount of time is absolutely amazing...  I don't think there is anyone out there that can match that, except for maybe gigs...  You two are definitely in a league all by yourselves...  Amazing...

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
ed

Reply with quote  #43 
I've seen more Mofro shows than some and less Mofro shows than some. But every Mofro show I've seen has been memorable in it's own way.

Oh yeah it's not a pissing match....

ed
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter