Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Markus

Reply with quote  #1 
We've arrived...pre show prep commence!!!
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
We've arrived...pre show prep commence!!!

Hey Markus, I will see you there!!!  Call or text me if you want (912) 275-1489
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #3 

I'm not sure I believe you folks are there.  Someone needs to reinact the video to prove it.
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

I'm not sure I believe you folks are there.  Someone needs to reinact the video to prove it.

Well, we did stop by the Alamo to see if there was a bicycle in the basement.  Or something like that.  It had something to do with Pee Wee Herman.  I think.  You'll have to ask Craven Moore. 
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

(In my best attempt at Jan Hooks voice):  "Why, Silly, there's (still) no basement in the Alamo.  Please hold all other questions until the end of the tour."

But we did hear a Peruvian panpipes dude do a cover of Angie by the Stones at the Riverfront Center.

Reply with quote  #6 
If any of you run into Art, call me and ask him to do it.  I tweeted him earlier about it.  LOL
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #7 
  1. Hide & Seek
  2. A Woman
  3. Country Ghetto
  4. Brighter Day
  5. All
  6. Sweetest Thing
  7. Somebody Else
  8. Dirtfloor
  9. 99 Shades of Crazy
  10. Orange Blossoms
  11. Georgia Warhorse
  12. EGIB
  13. Slow Hot Sweaty
  14. Ho Cake
  15. Encore: On Fire

Hmmm, that was interesting.  The first of four straight nights in Texas.   Intimate no-frills venue with the Shiner Bocks cold and tasting fresh off the vine and big creepy statues of the Blues Brothers up high in the corner of the room.  Quite odd.  Small crowd (especially compared to Fri in St Pete) of, I'm guessing under 300.  Mostly unfamiliar with the band.  Maybe 'cuz the band aint played here before.  Didn't see a single Mofro T shirt in the crowd, a first for me.

Hide & Seek started things off fine.  Business as usual for the first quarter of the show.  All, recently revived, was served up Texas style, with a heapin' tablespoon of sloppy.  Farrell just nailed it tonight and with the horns and him leading the way, cacophony ensued.  That was fun!

JJ introduced Somebody Else as a new song, but they all seemed new to this crowd.  A few songs later comes a brand new one, 99 Shades of Crazy, played for the first time.  Starting with the opening riffs, this rough & tumble romp recalled Exile on Main Street era Stones.  Perfect dose of mayhem - Keef effin' Richards, if he were still alive, couldn't have done it any better.  Wait, he is still alive?  Anyway, this one could go over really well across the pond next month.  Can't wait to hear it again.

Next up is Orange Blossoms.  Maybe Dennis' solo finally woke the crowd up, because by EGIB, there were finally signs of big audience involvement.  Set ends up with Ho Cake, JJ taking a night off from the keyboards, blowin' a little harp instead.  The band leaves in applause, but any intensity from the crowd continues to be missing.

Lochloosa and Junior were slated for the encore, but neither made it.  A decent On Fire, but nothing that blew the crowd away.  And then it was over.  The audience seemed satisfied, didn't clamor for more.  Didn't even know what they were missing.  After a pregnant pause, up come the house lights.  So there it is: No Lochloosa tonight in my coffee, no Lochloosa tonight in my tea.  Hour forty-five total.   

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #8 
Wheel thank you kindly CM for postin your ever so enjoyable to read review! 
Awlways painting a purty peechure! 
(I like to say 'cacophony', well and botchalism too but back to my post)
No 'Fro tees in the house huh?  Was Markus wearing one, hmmmm .....
Oh and I miss Pee Wees Playhouse.  back in the day, eons ago, we would get up on Saturday mornings, wake and bake, and do shots of buttery nipples and watch this show, classic! 
wish ...... wish ..... did somebody say wish ..
loved the Penny cartoons
and one of my fav characters, Cowboy Curtis
(back then he went by Larry Fishburne )
would say "you know what they say about a mans feet ..........
big feet ........... big boots, lmao!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #9 
a show without a Lochloosa. I would have loved to been there. only had a handful of those. 
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #10 

Loved the review CM.. Very excited to hear the newb !!

Buttery Nipples??

Miss ol’e Peewee myself. The non-stop Saturday morning cartons back in my pre-double digit life

Sprinkled with a dash of Rob Zombie… (stumbled upon that when checking the PWH TV run)

No fun anymore when channels are devoted to 24/7 cartoons..

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberingox

Buttery Nipples??   half butterscotch schnapps and half balieys

Miss ol’e Peewee myself. The non-stop Saturday morning cartons back in my pre-double digit life    well, I watched in my early 20's ........ loved it

No fun anymore when channels are devoted to 24/7 cartoons..totally agree

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #12 
For Sunny and Ox.....

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #13 
Thread Hijack ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF MY FAV PEE WEE SKITS, TEARS ARE ROLLING

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #14 
Oh, Lord Have Mercy.....I watched the first vid and thought "Y'all really watched 
this stuff"?  I have NEVER watched PeeWee...guess I was too sheltered...BUT, BUT.
BUT.....the giant underpants CRACKED ME UP...yes, can't stop laughing.  I will
forever have a visual of that.  Thanks for making my day, Sunshine. 

Reply with quote  #15 

Ok, BD, my job here is done ............... glad I could help 
His whole show is like that,
just crazy silly fun!!

helix77

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Oh and I miss Pee Wees Playhouse.  back in the day, eons ago, we would get up on Saturday mornings, wake and bake, and do shots of buttery nipples and watch this show, classic! 
loved the Penny cartoons

Hey Sunshine, I hear ya sister. Twas back in the late 80's, I was a regular wake and baker to peewee as well and my drink of choice was Irish Coffee (Bushmills and Baileys). My girlfriend thought I was nuts for doin it, but she actually loved the show too. Great way to start a Saturday.

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helix77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

loved the Penny cartoons

Hey Sunshine, I hear ya sister. Twas back in the late 80's, I was a regular wake and baker to peewee as well and my drink of choice was Irish Coffee (Bushmills and Baileys). My girlfriend thought I was nuts for doin it, but she actually loved the show too. Great way to start a Saturday.
that is awesome Helix!!
I showed my 9 yr old the underwear skit, and he could not stop laughing!!

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #18 

Gracias Indy & Sunny…

Watching this at 5 am only heightened the experience for me. Tho, I never did wake & bake to the program due to my lack of connections at that age.

Just wondering how he got d’s drawers ???

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter