Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #1 

Okay, I can't wait any longer... I need this show to have its own thread so I can obsessively check it every hour or so from here till showtime!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #2 

Or you could just subscribe to the thread so you get email alerts everytime someone posts/responds! That way when you are at work, you can get new posting notifications on the down low!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

little flower

Reply with quote  #3 

Gonna try my hardest to make it!! Gotta do some sweet talking for some babysitting.

Reply with quote  #4 

Ooh! I've never tried such a thing before, but that does sound delightful. Thanks for the tip!

ETA: I get updates sometimes for threads that I've posted in, but not always. Wonder why that is?

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #5 

I've got my ticket, I've got my Brighter Days ready for some more autographs to go along with JJ's, I've got the Mofro bracelet I made ready for a teeny-tiny JJ autograph... is it time to go yet?

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm gonna try my hardest to make it, too!!!  (planning on Nashville and Indy as well)
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurgrl
I've got my ticket, I've got my Brighter Days ready for some more autographs to go along with JJ's, I've got the Mofro bracelet I made ready for a teeny-tiny JJ autograph... is it time to go yet?

LOVE IT!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Ooh! I've never tried such a thing before, but that does sound delightful. Thanks for the tip!

ETA: I get updates sometimes for threads that I've posted in, but not always. Wonder why that is?

Well that's strange. I tried to figure out why. Damn, if I actually knew my way around the backboard features of this thing I'd be dangerous. Example: I have a handful of email addresses and for some subscribed threads I get an email to my 2 main ones and for some only to one. Drives me nuts. I've lost count of how many times I've tried and failed to change it.

Hell, giggles and DOE don't have access to all that shit and they figure stuff out on their own so I'm counting on them to answer this. Green M&M to the one who answers first.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #9 
I know that there is an option in the user account preferences that if checked will automatically subscribe you in threads that you have created or posted in or you can manually subscribe to individual threads by hitting the "subscirbe" button at the bottom of the page.
lemgurl, I think you may have the automatic thread subscription disabled under your user prefernces and have manually selected individual threads to subscribe to. Therefore you would not get notifications on all threads you posted in just the ones you individually subscribed to.

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
I think you may have the automatic thread subscription disabled under your user prefernces and have manually selected individual threads to subscribe to.

Good thought, but no... I wasn't even aware of the "subscribe to thread" feature, I guess I just thought it was magic that I got notifications sometimes! But it even varies on posts within a thread... for example, this morning I only received a notification about Bad Habit's post in this thread, not yours, Sunshine's, or Clay's. Weird.

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #11 

Then those damn pesky gremlins are fucking with the site then! Little Bastards!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 

...1 little 2 little 3 little indians...

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

Did ya notice yesterday that the stuff that was at the bottom of the main forums page is now at the top? I didn't do that. It just "happened". I come on the forum yesterday afternoon and I'm like WTF? I can't wait to get my support ticket back saying they don't see what problem I'm talking about and have a nice day.

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #14 
How did you get a physical ticket already?  Did you go direct to the venue?  I ordered mine through the link on the jjgrey.com website and it will-called them.

I will be there, btw.
lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
How did you get a physical ticket already? Did you go direct to the venue?

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Good thought, but no... I wasn't even aware of the "subscribe to thread" feature, I guess I just thought it was magic that I got notifications sometimes! But it even varies on posts within a thread... for example, this morning I only received a notification about Bad Habit's post in this thread, not yours, Sunshine's, or Clay's. Weird.

Maybe email notifications are only issued for the first repsonse or post immediately following your post?

tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
or Clay's. Weird.

Yes. Clay's weird.

But that's why I like him.

Or more likely, why he likes me.

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #18 

tox is a freak.

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Maybe email notifications are only issued for the first repsonse or post immediately following your post?

Hmm. Interesting. How might I fix such a thing? When I look under my preferences and whatnot, it just says that I'm subscribed to threads that I post in.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter