Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
3nail

Reply with quote  #41 
Before the show, we saw Todd outside, and stood & talked with him for over 15 minutes. What a treat! He is a super nice guy, & we really enjoyed chatting with him. We saw Indy & Shannon & we took pics for one another with Todd. We also saw & spoke to Dennis & Trube before the show & got all their autographs on my Gal Young' Un poster & my Choice Cuts vinyl album & my son got pics with all of them. Once inside, we bought a poster from the NYE show in Atlanta we attended this year. AC was hanging out in the lobby, so we got pics with him & his autograph. The crowd subdued, but I certainly was not!! We were 7 rows back, and I stood & danced the ENTIRE show, and my son & husband stood most of the show. The guys behind us were true Mofro fans, so it was fun talking with them & listening to them sing along. Set list was outstanding! After the show, we hung out with the band AGAIN! I ended up getting every member''s autograph on my album & poster & most everyone's on my other poster & set list that Indy was sweet enough to get for my son When JJ walked out, my son's face lit up and he was smiling ear to ear (the smile is a big deal cause my son is very uptight & getting a big grin from him is rare). JJ was impressed with our Gal Young'Un poster & that we had eaten at The Yearling. We discussed this for a while. He was so gracious to my son & was genuinely interested in talking with him. WOW! I just don't know what else to say. My son had an amazing time. He's already asking when he can go back, but unfortunately, it might be a long time because they mostly play bars & 21 over shows. We'll always have last night Memories were made last night that we will all cherish forever!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #42 

King Hummingbird, Lullaby, an acoustic start to On Fire and PRAY FOR RAIN. Damn, that's mixing the setlist up a bit. When's the last time anyone's seen Pray for Rain? I wonder if it's because it's so incredibly dry back home that people are literally praying for rain?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #43 
Indy sounds like y'all had an incredible time man! Can't ask for much more than all that (well except for H&D but you got that the next night.) Can't believe the crowd. How lame is that. Sounds like the guys plowed right on through it though. I've been to a few seated acoustic shows but never a full reserved seated show. No way I could sit. That's just not right man. Without a note from a doctor I think everyone should be required to at least stand. They don't have to dance, although at least swaying from side to side would be nice.

My goodness 3nail you had an amazing experience too. Thank both y'all for sharing.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #44 
Here's some very nice pics taken at the taft by pro photographer Joshua Timmermans.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #45 
Some personal faves...

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #46 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Here's some very nice pics taken at the taft by pro photographer Joshua Timmermans.

He was right in front of us, snapping those pics!

It was one hell of a night going out with the guys.  Art even bought Shannon and I our first 2 rounds of drinks.  He and Dennis were a hoot, especially on the bus.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #47 

I was hoping he'd have aimed that camera a little more left so maybe we could've seen y'all. Yeah I swear Art is one of the funniest people you'll ever meet. It's worth signing up to twitter just to follow his tweets. He must be a riot to live with, at home and on the bus!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter