Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Mofro
JJ pulled up on stage for the last verse of Ho Cake last night, still walkin on Air.Working on my review, will post when i get back to Florida!!!!!

ahem ............  [biggrin]

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Got Mofro's Girl

Reply with quote  #22 
An amazing show from start to finish and a perfect day.  We started our adventure at 6:45 am headed to Tampa International Airport.  We left Tampa at 8:30 am, flew into Providence, Rhode Island around noon and set off for Portland, Maine by car.  We passed through Boston and made a quick stop in Ogunquit, Maine for lunch (the lobsta rolls and clams at Foot Bridge Lobter were delish).  

We arrived in Portland around 5:30 pm, decided to pass by our hotel and drive down to the venue to see where we would be going once we got out of our traveling clothes.  We got to Port City Music Hall at the same exact time as the bus but were foiled by the fact that it was not the usual bus so we carried on and didn't hang around.  

Once we got to the venue for the show we got a couple beers and headed to the stage.  There was hardly anyone there and we were able to get a nice spot up front.  We were so close to the band that I even touched JJ's boot... aww, but anyway, it was the first time we saw the Revivalists, a Louisiana based group.  The singer had incredible energy and a real funky, groovy style. We loved them!  

Then it was on to JJ Grey and Mofro.  It had to be one of the best shows I have ever seen.  JJ gave it his all and the crowd was awesome. We met some nice folks, all of whom were originally introduced to Mofro last year at the White Mountain Boogie N' Blues Festival in New Hampshire (I even gave up my front and center spot to a nice lady named Debbie).  I was favorably surprised by the set-list, consisting mostly of older songs. 

The highlight of the night was Ho Cake when Scotty, Got Mofro, was pulled on stage by JJ himself to sing the third verse.  He can fill you in with the details (and sorry no pics or video as it all happened so fast).  

After the show we got to chat with Todd and Trube for a minute but the rest of the guys made a quick exit.  All and all a fabulous show and a grand adventure.
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #23 
Absolutely blown away by this show, our first outside of Florida, and a real livin in the moment kind of adventure, for sure. Cool old historic room, full, but not oversold, everybody just getting along. Lots of cool people hangin out. Anyway, this is my story, and I'm stickin to it.

You all know that part in Ho Cake, when JJ says......  1 more verse, about what my grandmother can do in the kitchen ...................

Well, the band stopped on their mark, and JJ paused, for effect, and the room was dead quiet.......... and the only sound was my drunk ass screamin ..... I love smoked Mullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next thing I know, I am up on stage, and he gives me his mic and says sing................

It's not cause I don't know the words, I know every one, it ain't  stage fright, I've been on stages all my life, it may have had something to do with the 17 beers I had had, but I don't think I exactly nailed it.

When I see JJ at Jannus, I will apologize for not getting the words right, and, at the same time, thank him for being the same guy he was all the way back when I first met him. He is the real deal.

Reply with quote  #24 

Reply with quote  #25 
Holy Shit, That's what ya call cookin with grease yall.[cool]

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Mofro
Holy Shit, That's what ya call cookin with grease yall.[cool]

Ha ha - that guy was funny [smile]

Glad y'all enjoyed the show and had such a GREAT experience!!!
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #27 
1 } A WomanEverything good is Bad

2} 99 Shades
3) Air
4) Hide n seek
5) Florabama
6) Brighter Days
7) Ybor City
8) Shady
9) Somebody Else
10) Tame a wild one
11}Dirtflo Cracka
12}Everything good is Bad
13} SHnS
14) Orange Blossoms

Encore..............

Sweetest Thang

Ho Cake............... with my drunk ass tryin to sing along .[confused]

Reply with quote  #28 
[smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter