Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
JohnDude

Reply with quote  #21 

I haven't been on this site for a couple years...last night my face hurt from smiling so much.  After Lochloosa, myself & a couple friends(we were 4-5 back from the front)began the "You Know...You Know...You Know" chant & I bout jumped outta my skin as H&D was played. Mostly great to see old friends & bring 5 newbies along with me. I'm not up front anymore, stay local & don't tape shows much...but still get that feeling that only y'all can understand when experiencing them live. My ride was leaving abruptly, so I missed out on merch...would have loved to go home with the new Vynil.

Last nights fun inspired me to re-join...good to see this site is still live & kickin'

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #22 
Welcome back JohnDude. Good to see you. Wish I could have made it last night but I'll see you about. You ought to head over to Tropical Heatwave later this month in Ybor. Some great bands again this year.
JohnDude

Reply with quote  #23 
Clay...I missed your energy brother.  I've hit the last several Tropical Heatwave's & love it...however this year I'm going to Hang Out Fest http://hangoutmusicfest.com/ and it is the very next weekend. Hang Out Fest line up is rediculous & since I've never seen Stevie Wonder...it's a no brainer.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #24 
Welcome Back to the Front Porch!!!!!!!
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #25 
There was a taper there. Don't know who it was but we'll have to keep an eye on the LMA.
shenny

Reply with quote  #26 
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=563337&viewcomm=579524#comm579524

thank you taper mccordo
bhall

Reply with quote  #27 
After seeing them Friday night and again on Saturday in St. Augustine, the show at HOB on Friday was definitely the better of the two. I'm usually one to be standing right up front, but had the opportunity to sit VIP on the 2nd story and couldn't resist checking the seats out. We were the first seats right next to the stage and man it was killer to watch it from that view. After all the Mofro concerts I've seen, I'd say this one reigns as the 2nd best yet. The energy in there was incredible. You never know what the set list is going to be like with JJ, and especially with the new CD coming out I wasn't sure what the mix would be like. The handful of songs he played from the River were amazing. Really awesome to see JJ coming out with new music with that same old school Mofro feel. Didn't realize they were selling the album there until I saw someone carrying it, so of course I had to pick it up. Played it in the car all the way to St. Augustine on Saturday, and it is fantastic. To me it's a great blend of a lot of the different styles JJ breezes through. My personal favorite might have to be 'Tame a Wild One.' SO GOOD.

It was neat to see them again Saturday, and was fortunate enough to have my younger brother and a few friends drive over from Tallahassee. Being that JJ is from Jax, I totally expected it to be a very 'close to home' feel there, but honestly I didn't have that vibe. A lot of people were there to see them, but a lot of people I feel were there for the BBQ festival, and just happened to stay to watch Mofro. To me that killed the atmosphere a lot. A lot of talking going on, and not nearly as much listening. Would've been better if he played somewhere up in Jax at an actual venue rather than a festival. Either way, he was still great and loved hearing them 2 days in a row. He played a few different songs on Saturday which was nice. 

OVERALL, JJ and Mofro continue to amaze me. This weekend was neat because I got to introduce quite a few friends to their music and they all loved it. Anytime I can get more people involved in liking some great music, to me that's a huge success and what the world today needs more of. 

Oh, btw, Lochloosa live will never ever ever ever ever get old. I can't wait to hear that numerous times in the years ahead. The feeling that song brings live is hard to put into words and I'm sure most of you know exactly what I mean! 

jeromejello

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
There was a taper there. Don't know who it was but we'll have to keep an eye on the LMA.

there were 2 of us back by the board.

looks like the other guy has uploaded it already to bt.  i will let you all know when i get mine tracked out and uploaded.

great time... really liked the opportunity to hear all the new tunes... briefly saw JohnDude.

was able to grab a copy of the vinyl...

only one bummer of the evening, some sloppy bastard dumped what felt like a bucket of mustard on me.... still don't understand the idea of eating at shows... especially messy things in the dark.  thankfully the gear was not harmed. 

bt & dime
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks for the review bhall!! 
I completely concur about hearing
Lochloosa live!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
meandmyfriend

Reply with quote  #30 
BHALL>>>>

Oh, btw, Lochloosa live will never ever ever ever ever get old. I can't wait to hear that numerous times in the years ahead. The feeling that song brings live is hard to put into words and I'm sure most of you know exactly what I mean! 

GOOSEBUMPS! EVERYTIME!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter