Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Hoosier Warhorse

Reply with quote  #1 
Saw a couple hits on the Cincy show but was checking to see if anyone was planning on going to the Cleveland show.
mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #2 

We are going to HOB Cleveland. Comming from Buffalo NY.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Geez. Is it that nobody's going or we ain't got a lot of people from the area or they haven't been on here for a while or that Cleveland is, well, Cleveland.

skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #4 

Go Browns

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

Y'alls that are going I'm very curious to see if they have the same entry procedure as we experienced at HOB Orlando the other night, and every time we go there. It's literally like airport security with the exception you can leave your shoes on. But men have to empty all your pockets and for women they use a flashlight and rifle through your purse. Then they wand you. I've been to clubs or festivals where you have to empty your pockets, not that often but every now and then. But HOB Orl is the only place I've ever been wanded.

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Y'alls that are going I'm very curious to see if they have the same entry procedure as we experienced at HOB Orlando the other night, and every time we go there. It's literally like airport security with the exception you can leave your shoes on. But men have to empty all your pockets and for women they use a flashlight and rifle through your purse. Then they wand you. I've been to clubs or festivals where you have to empty your pockets, not that often but every now and then. But HOB Orl is the only place I've ever been wanded.

That full body cavity search they did on you.....yeah, those weren't HOB employees.  You just got in the wrong line.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 

Shhhh, don't give me away.

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #8 

Calypso

Reply with quote  #9 

can't get to Cleveland for the gig.   but the HOB is the best venue in Ohio for pure sound and ambience. hope to see a review on the show

Have a blast in Cleveland!

mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #10 

The early report on the HOB gig in Cleveland,another great show. Jilly,her sister and good friend,who is seeing JJ for first texted me and gave it 2 thumbs up. I couldn't go cause work still comes first. Hope Jilly found someone to give my ticket to. Smiling sitting hear thinking Jilly friend Marie must have a very sore face. I remember our first time seeing the Band...If you must know, July 10th 2008 may face had a funny feeling and figured out that I was smiling excessively. Man is that a great feeling. Like a temporary face lift! Another birthday gig ,Jilly (AGE NOT IMPORTANT)do I look stupid...29 this year...29 last year,moving on. Oh,Jillys birthday gig, Toronto August 16 at Lees Palace. Mention this post in Toronto and I will buy you a drink.        M&J

Hoosier Warhorse

Reply with quote  #11 
Cleveland Show was great. Took my girlfriends dad and uncle and one of their friends.  He invited a couple people and before you know it there was 10 first timers sitting with us. It was great.  My girls dad is a local musician and has been around the music block a time or two so I was a little nervous if he would get it or not.  I played some Mofro for him back in September and he liked it so when they announced the show I had to take him.  He loved it. His exact words...."If you don't like this stuff you must be dead!"  Even went so far as to say he wants one of his bands to learn some of their songs. He got us backstage and got to say hello to JJ before the show.  If anyone knows Fat Pat he gave us a jersey to give to JJ.  Not sure what was up with that but JJ seemed to get it.  Anyway, I had never been to a seated Mofro show like it was upstairs, but by the end of the show, everyone was standing and grooving. You cant help it.  Cant wait for the Bloomington, IN - Bluebird show. If you have never been its a must.  Intimate and historic venue.  Soooooo excited.
home2

Reply with quote  #12 
Does anyone have pictures?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Maaaaarrrrrkkkk!! Oh man that sucks you could'nt go. I'm sure Jilly and her friend are still riding high.

Sounds like a great night Hoosier. I love hearing people's comments after they've seen a show compared to only when they've heard their recorded material. They're usually blown away even more than they ever expected. I sat/stood during the HOB Orl show because my back is acting up and it wasn't bad at all. I was up top and side of the stage and the view was great, acoustics were great. It feels funny sitting though, pain or no pain I ended up standing during near every song. It amazes me though how many people at HOB sit. I'm with you, how can you sit?
phyrephyter2379

Reply with quote  #14 

Went to the Cleveland show. Second time seeing them, and it was just as good as the first. As we were leaving the HOB we walked around a back alley and stumbled across his tour bus. Got to meet JJ after the show. Talked with him for about 10 min... heck of a nice guy!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 
Now THAT's the way to stumble. So cool you got to meet JJ. That don't happen every day for sure. He's as original and down to earth as he is on stage isn't he.

BTW the shows only get better and better from here on out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter