Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
mofrontrow

Reply with quote  #1 
 I'm taking Michele up to DC for the show at the 9:30 Club. The place is an old College hangout for her so I'm flying her up for her Birthday, (her age is CONFIDENTIAL, so dont ask!) Not sure if any familiar Mofrontrow Peeps will be there but always ready to meet some more! 

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
mofrontrow

Reply with quote  #3 
OUCH! Glad you put it out there and not me! LOL
Have you decided on the HOB show?

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
Did I guess right?

No I'm out. My injured wing is worse than ever. Tough to have a good time with so much pain. Jen's going both nights. Stay away from her. You're a bad influence.
mofrontrow

Reply with quote  #5 
No comment on the guess......
 Will miss you little buddy with the broken wing.
Bad influence? I learned all my mo-front-row moves from her!
Get well my friend! The shows aren't the same without ya!

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 
Yeah she got the moves for sure. I'll be there in spirit. Hope there's a taper there. Scotd's not going but he is going and taping at St. Aug. Thanks bud.
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #7 
YES, we will miss you!...hope your injured wing heals soon so you can
fly again.  Is anyone opening up for them at HOB?

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

Swamp Cabbage.

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank ya...thank ya very much!

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofrontrow
 I'm taking Michele up to DC for the show at the 9:30 Club. The place is an old College hangout for her so I'm flying her up for her Birthday, (her age is CONFIDENTIAL, so dont ask!) Not sure if any familiar Mofrontrow Peeps will be there but always ready to meet some more! 

I'm in for DC 8-) 9:30 Club is cool and very 30's crowd friendly.  I'm might sport my 'Daryl Is Mean' throw back T-Shirt.  If you spot me, come on up and say 'Hey'.  I LUV MOFRO fans!!!

Peace,

Mo 8-)
Mo

Reply with quote  #11 
It thrilled me to see the 9:30 Club SOLD OUT on Sat!!!  Thank goodness I got my tic on Thur.  The show was DOPE and I had a GREAT time.  I couldn't find my Daryl Tee...must still be packed away w/my Summer clothes (Note to self - Must find Daryl Tee).  Anyhoo, I saw tapers and saw folks snag setlists.  I myself did not take note since I was way into my groove, dancin my BEHIND off in the balcony.  Songs that I do remember, in no particular order, were FL, Country Ghetto, OB, Lochloosa, Slow Hot Sweaty, On Fire, Wild One, Somebody Else, Hoe Cake, This River (I think), 99 Shades (I think), Sweetest Thing, Shady Lady, A Woman, DFC, and Brighter Days.  That's all I can recall and it was sober show for me (it was either drinks or This River CD), so that's a pretty solid list.

I hadn't been out to see any live music in six months, so Sat. night was extra special for me.  It's hard not being able to see bands like I use to, but what can I say, family comes first.  I did look around for the fellas to sign my CD (all my other ones are signed since I've been to every album tour with the exception of BlackH20).  So I'm a little heartbroken that I didn't see any of 'em to sign it.  My daughter, Violet, turned 3 years old on 04/16/13 and I was gonna have 'em sign this one to her...(wipes tear, OK, not really, but it woulda been cool).  8-)

So, LUV ya MOFRO Fans and Fam.  Till next time - PEACE AND LUV!!!!!

8-)

Mo
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #12 

Hey Mo!!  thanks so much for coming back to the Porch to fill us in on your show!!
I absolutely love your enthusiasum!!! 
bummer about not getting your CD sighned. 
And I can not beleive your little lady is 3,
that blows my mind as it seems like a year or so you came back on the board
with the news of her arrival. 

Peac & Love back atcha!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Mo

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Hey Mo!!  thanks so much for coming back to the Porch to fill us in on your show!!
I absolutely love your enthusiasum!!! 
bummer about not getting your CD sighned. 
And I can not beleive your little lady is 3,
that blows my mind as it seems like a year or so you came back on the board
with the news of her arrival. 

Peac & Love back atcha!!!

Thanks Sunny 8-)  Yeah, I was tellin' folks at the show how I'd been goin to MOFRO shows for the past ten years...WHERE DID 10 YEARS GO???!!!  8-0  Lol!  The response to this was 'Gee, I wish I'd seen 'em play for the past 10 years.  This band is great!'.  I luv it when folks dig on MOFRO like that 8-)

What else...well, folks always want to know if JJ talked about anything.  He did say a few words on the following subjects -

1.  Don't be bashfull - About the sing along of course.  I'm glad he still throws this one out there on the regular.  I was standin next to this one lady who told me she would rather hear 'Him' sing than 'Them'.  I just started singin Lochloosa louder right next to her...(evil laugh).

2.  Songs about JJ's daughter - He mentioned that Sweetest Thing was penned for her and that she was also an inspiration for Wild One.  How raisin a girl is a whole different ballgame than rearing a boy.  Also mentioned that you can't keep any woman in a cage and that includes children too.  Having a 3 year old daughter, I can totally relate.

3.  I have only friends - Talked about not having enemies, only friends and how wonderful life has become.  Something about loving your enemies, being your brothers keeper, something of that nature. 

4.  Life whips yo ass now boy! - A message from Dad.  Along the lines of 'young and dumb'.  How it use to be everyone/everything else's fault, and not his own.  His Dad said - I use to whip yo ass, now life's gonna whip yo ass till you learn.  And the good news is that JJ did learn along the way because life doesn't whip you with a wet noodle, it whips you with the buckle end of the belt. 

5.  Let's hear it for the boys!!! - Intros and praise for all the fellas in the band.  'They make it look easy, like you could go to the music store tomorrow, pick up a bass and start jammin'. 

OK, so there's a little more for your reading pleasure.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did reminising and writting it.

8-)

Hugs and Luv,

Mo
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #14 
you know I did enjoy it Mo!! 
I am awlways here to listen

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter