Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

Over the course of the past 2 weeks or so,
we have had a grand time creating unique dishes using Ramps.  

I give you Ramp ~ A ~ Palooza Photo stream #1

Zachary had a buddy over and for breakfast I slightly scrambled some of our eggs
and as they were cooking, I added shredded
Smoke Gouda to slowly melt into the eggs and mixed in some sautéed ramps!!

Here we have pickled Ramp Bulbs!! A trick we learned last year. 
Clean the bulbs and carefully stuff as many as you can into a mason jar and do nothing
but pour some freshly prepared Good Seasons Italian dressing over the top
 and put the lid on and refrigerate!!
Now we will have pickled Ramps and Rampie dressing in the winter!!!

Grilled Chicken Breasts for burritos ……..
added some caramelized ramps (bulbs and leafs) tomatoes,
extra sharp cheddar and a jalapeño cilantro sauce!

I got about 8 big ole beef stake maters from Christopher’s for only $2, I couldn’t pass it up, so I deseeded and chopped them. Added extra virgin olive oil to the pan, added some of our garlic and ramp bulbs and let them get slightly golden. Then I added the chopped maters and some basil we dried last year. Allowed to simmer til mater began to break down. I started to think of how I could "Ramp it up" …….. ah ha!! I took our lil food processor and packed down a bunch of ramp leafs and add fresh cracked peppercorns and salt, along with about a half a cup of good Merlot and pulverized into a slurry. Added the slurry to the sauce and it made for a deep rich color and flavor. Perfect for 3 cheese tortellini!!

add a touch of fresh grated asiago .....

I call these, my sexy eggs, lol. Just the way the light is reflected in the deep golden yolk.
 The eggs were topped with sautéed ramps and smoked provolone cheese and
served on a bed of fresh arugula and marble rye toast

I like this angle!

Keep an eye out for stream #2!!!

Happy Friday!!!

Peace ~ Love ~ M*O*F*R*O

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter