Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Whitehouse Boy

Reply with quote  #1 

I'm working in Jacksonville, NC.  Thinking about heading to the Raleigh show tomorrow night.  Anyone going?  Have not been able to take the live CD out of the player since the Ponte Vedra show.  Guess I might as well catch the show since its right up the road.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehouse Boy

I'm working in Jacksonville, NC.  Thinking about heading to the Raleigh show tomorrow night.  Anyone going?  Have not been able to take the live CD out of the player since the Ponte Vedra show.  Guess I might as well catch the show since its right up the road.

Go, go!  I'll be there (shut up y'all) and so will lazyep/Erin and Misty.  I was at the Ponte Vedra show as well but didn't meet you.  Have you met Erin?  I don't know how we'll find each other but text me and we'll figure it out.  
(912)275-1489

Misty will be there early, but Erin and I will be hauling ass from South Georgia and will make it just in time - hopefully (probably missing part of the opener).

Hope to see you there!!

Erica
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Go Erica Go!!!!!!

You are truly an inspriational Fan!!! 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
thehighcell

Reply with quote  #4 
Oh boy! Looking forward to it, I love seeing them at the Lincoln Theater. It's always a good energy in that place.

Reply with quote  #5 

Were you guys in line to get your DVD signed after the Ponte Vedra show.  I believe I met you (Erica) and Erin.  I was at the show with my significant other and my cousin Sid.  We stayed after the show for autographs.

Stephen

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #6 
Stephen, were you there?  I'll be mighty upset if we missed you!  I looked for you, but wasn't really sure who I was looking for.  

Tonight I put lazyep in charge of photographs and I kept up with the set list again - yea me!  I know a lot of y'all frequently keep up with the songs played, but for whatever reason, it's difficult for me.  Being "in charge" and knowing I have to get it exactly right helps me focus more - kind of liked it.

OK, got lots to say, but it's almost 2:00 am and us girls have to get up early tomorrow to head out to Floyd.  Another AWESOME show tonight!    Here's the set list:

Six Ways
Beautiful World
Whitehouse
Footsteps
Turpentine
Wrongside
Hide and Seek
Lochloosa
Georgia Warhorse (scared me!)
Ybor City
I Believe
Ho Cake
EGIB
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Brighter Days

aw, hell!  I have Brighter Days also listed for the encore - who knows??

OK, good thing Erin was there  The last song was actually Sweetest Thing and the encore was Brighter Days

No wardrobe malfunction this evening
FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #7 

awesome setlist!!!!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
mike92

Reply with quote  #8 

what an swesome show last night....i was fuzzy on the setlist so thank you for posting, the PBR's were going down way to smooth...highlights for me was the rare playing of Footsteps/Turpentine..... I Believe and Wrongside were great....Georgia Warhorse was a little dirtier than usual, Andrew is such a monster...we just moved up to Raleigh from St. Petersburg, so I'm used to everyone in attendance singing along like the Skippers shows, looking around there were only a handful of folks that knew all the tunes...good energy though...hopefully the 2 girls obviously rollin towards the front right side of the room made it home with their clothes on...viva la mofro!

rdunn

Reply with quote  #9 
Here's a link to the bit torrent of my recording from last night.  I'll try to get it up on Live Music Archive soon for those who don't torrent...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=548904&dllist=1#seeders

Enjoy...

Robbie

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #10 

WOW!!

Whitehouse
Footsteps
Turpentine
Wrongside
and in that order, AWESOME!!!!!

Welcome rdun and mike92!  Glad to see ya on the Front Porch!!

I am so incredibley josing for a Mofro show, I forgot what it feels like to have one to look forward to.........guess seeing 5 shows in 3 states in the first half of 2011 kinda spoiled me .......

modifab

Reply with quote  #11 
LOL! Uuumm... Sunny. This here's the back porch yo!!

Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modifab
LOL! Uuumm... Sunny. This here's the back porch yo!!

lol! didn't even notice modifab  

but to my defense,

I just postes em where I sees em!!

back atcha!

mike92

Reply with quote  #13 

thank you for the welcome...

a fantastic show, last show i went to early this year at skippers was almost the entire GW cd with the "regular" hits mixed in, so this was a complete surprise...Turpentine was sick...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter