Author   Comment  
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #1 
Hide & Seek
A Woman
Somebody Else
Country Ghetto
GA Warhorse
Larry Webb (flip-flopped on original set list)
War (flip-flopped on original set list)
Sweetest Thing
Dirtfloor
Tame Wild One
Your Lady
Slow Hot
Ho Cake
99 Shades

Encore:
Sun is Shining Down - by multiple request; replaces Lochloosa
On Fire

Wow!  What an outstanding show!

The night didn't start out so outstanding.  On the way in, we were all notified of ALL their rules.  Then we separate into boys lines and girls lines and get patted down.  Dude felt a lump in my pants and asked me what was in my pocket.  I said nothing, I'm just happy to see you.  He then got nasty and wasn't gonna let me in until I emptied out my pocket on the table.  Hope the entire staff got to party all night on my 1 oz. roll of Certs.

Then I went to the bar to bring a couple beers for Bluesgrl and I to have for the opening act.  But nooooooo.  One beer at a time per wrist band.  House of No Blues even lets you buy a couple at a time.

Thomas Wynn & the Believers opened.  Thomas has some mean guitar licks,  but can't put my finger on the European rock bands of the 70's and 80's those licks remind me of.  May need your help Helix.

Then out comes the band with JJ sporting a new guitar.  Don't ask me what type or model it is.  It was red.  Bluesgrl thinks it was a Gretsch.  She knows more about that stuff than I do.  Starts out smoking with Hide & Seek.  That guitar sounds really good, and JJ had no interest in breaking it in gently.  A Woman follows, with Art blowing all hell.

Next, what was originally scheduled to happen was 25 minutes of truly bad intentions: Somebody Else, Ghetto, Warhorse and War.  Pow.  Pow.  Pow.  Pow.  Man I love that venom, that anger, and that in-your-face snarling.  Probably a good thing they stuck Larry Webb in there, otherwise the walls would have crumbled, as turned up and nasssssty as JJ was playing.  He even warned the people up front what was coming, then blasted all their asses to kingdom come.

This show had perfect pacing, and kept the momentum and energy sky high all night.  Only 5 songs from the new album, and they were well spaced throughout the set.

Your Lady was a crowd favorite, with Art and JJ trading haymakers, followed by a crowd participation call and response: Your Lady; SHE"S SHADY, etc, etc

Shortly thereafter came Ho Cake, the first of 2 monster jams.  Dudes just kept going further and further and further out there.  JJ wouldn't leave the keyboard, Art was playing beer bottle percussion.  Just a total fantastic shambles!  99 Shades wrapped up the set, leaving the crowd of 250-300 in a frenzy.

During the show, a guy came to the stage lip, got JJ's attention and asked for Sun is Shining Down.  JJ obliged, dusted this one off and just blew the roof off it on that new guitar.  I can't remember a show with JJ playing so much (more was yet to come).  Had the 12 string out earlier for Larry Webb.  So Sun wraps up, JJ pulls up a stool, sits down and starts riffing the opening to On Fire.  Kept riffing.  Kept riffing.  Several minutes.  Then stands up, goes to the wah wah and riffs several more minutes before the singing starts.  And later, with Art and Dennis getting their solos in, with JJ usually trading jabs with his harp, traded this time with the guitar and wah wah, trading and trading and trading until they all jammed together bringing us all to our knees.  By far, the best On Fire I've ever heard, and all in all, the best night of jamming I've ever seen this band conjure up, warts and all.  Just an incredible show, most fun I've had seeing them in a long time.  Can't wait for tomorrow's Burlington show.  Well see if they can top this!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 
Dayum Mr. Craven ...........
I want one!!!!
you should share some of that with the rest of us
I have said it before, but I LOVE your reviews!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank YOU mass twingles!!!!!!!!!

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
I want one!!!!

You may not want some of that.  You don't know where its been.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
I want one!!!!

You may not want some of that.  You don't know where its been.

At this point in my search and rescue mission
of trying to find a show to get to,
I could care less where is has bean ......
and that is the stark reality of
my separation anxiety I am experiencing

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #6 
Just got a moment to myself since posting this video this morning
Ayund .......An UNBELIEVABLE 4 minute jammin JJ intro!!
Now why doesn't that happen more often WOW!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter