Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Mofroette

Reply with quote  #1 

Ok... here's the scene.

Park City, Utah. The temperature is a frigid 20 degrees. The oxygen is low due to the high altitude.
Inside the venue, a comfortable crowd. I realized that most of the people there were his true Utah fans... the ones who would sacrifice the climb up Parley's canyon. Nice to think how that weeds out some of the dumb drunks that show up at every show down in Salt Lake.

JJ starts out easy. He lingers for a long time on his slower songs, Maker's Mark in hand, sipping slowly as he plays, but gradually works us all up into a frenzy by the end of the night.

I just love how he tries to not smile... almost bashful-like. So endearing. A contrast to the perma-smile fixed on the face of the bassist... also so damned special. Dennis has a Neil Tyson thing going on which is even more sexy, and the rest of the guys looked so handsome in their suits and ties.

Once again, I get my small personal treat from JJ. He mentions that he hasn't had a vacation in a long time and has brought his family with him to Park City. My heart swells... a true family man.

I'm so happy for my JJ. I know he would be happy for me. He's seen me go through it all... single life, marriage, divorce, motherhood, melancholia... and now... true happiness. You see, I finally pulled my head out and found peace. Then, I found love. So much so that I will be moving out of state to find home for the first time. Oregon. So now, when Mofro sees their Mofroette, it will be where she belongs, with her twin flame. And only two short months 'til my #17 in Eugene.

At the end of the show, I in my pink rose dress, handed out several pink roses to the audience. Individually, he picked them up as the fans tossed them onto the stage. I was able to catch this picture of him walking off stage breathing them in. Im sure he will pass the flowers on to his wife and daughter my little gift to them from...
Mofroette

Attached Images
Name: CCE81667-68C7-457E-B808-E67B650B4BCA.jpeg, Views: 108, Size: 143.10 KB

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter