Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 
Back when JJ sat down and Daryl had hair.
Lochloosa into Florida
quite different lyrics to this version of Lochloosa
Enjoy!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #2 
Classic !!!

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow..thanks for posting that Sunshine..that was beautiful. What talent and emotion
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzik4thesoul
Wow..thanks for posting that Sunshine..that was beautiful. What talent and emotion

Thank You!!
Just a dewin my job!!

Jay S

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #5 
Hello everybody. Been lurking so long that I don't know if I know how to do this posting business anymore. This show is slightly older than my first shows, so it brings back many many fond memories of their early years. They just keep getting better yet, in my opinion, the sound remains true, even with so many different players over the years. J.J. and the band are like a black hole. Once you get sucked in you can't ever get loose. But who wants to? Thank you, Sunshine for finding this gem and sharing it with us.

And Clay, it's been so long that surely you are older than me now?

Jay
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #6 
Your welcome Jay!! Glad you enjoyed and glad to have ya posting again!!
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S
Hello everybody. Been lurking so long that I don't know if I know how to do this posting business anymore. This show is slightly older than my first shows, so it brings back many many fond memories of their early years. They just keep getting better yet, in my opinion, the sound remains true, even with so many different players over the years. J.J. and the band are like a black hole. Once you get sucked in you can't ever get loose. But who wants to? Thank you, Sunshine for finding this gem and sharing it with us.

And Clay, it's been so long that surely you are older than me now?

Jay

Welcome back to the active board member status Jay S.!  And don't worry, Clay has been older than you all along, even if you name is Dirt, he would still have a decade or two on you.

Is this the same Jay S. that I met at Hoodlums in Tempe back in the day for a solo acoustic set of JJ's promoting GW?  If so, are you still in the Valley or moved elsewhere?  If you are still in the Valley, what are we going to do about getting the guys to come back to our neck of the woods?  They seem to have outgrown the Rhythm Room and all the other venues have fallen victim to the economy or poor management, or a combination of both?  I guess they could possibly play the Crescent Ballroom or Marquee Theatre, but I have a feeling the ones in charge of booking acts at both venues either have never heard of JJG&M or aren't actively seeking them and/or that style of music.  It's been almost two years now since the last desert appearance, which is a lifetime compared to when we were spoiled before that with atleast two shows a year, sometimes even 4!  Hell, it wasn't that long ago they would do a 3 city run in the state of Arizona, (Tucson, Phx, Flagstaff) now we are lucky if they even make it within a 5 hour drive of those cities.  I swear, if only I could move to Colorado or Florida, life would be so much more enjoyable, or atleast bountiful with Mofro Magic...

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Jay S

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #8 
Hey DT, how ya been? Yes, I'm the one you met at Hoodlums so long ago.
I cannot tell you how many trips we made to Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins over the years. We live in Southern New Mexico (near Silver City), and that is a 700 mile trip to Denver!
Also did every show in AZ from the very earliest years. They played in NM 3 times and we did those too.
Oh yeah, I went to a show in Oxford, Mississippi once and got introduced to the crowd by JJ. Now that was cool.  Trying to tie our trip to visit friends in Portland and see the band at the Portland zoo. Got our fingers crossed that it will work.
Success has made the band need bigger venues in AZ and I guess there just aren't many options anymore. We saw them once in a dump of club in Flagstaff back in Feb '02 and also in Tempe, but the Rhythm Room is my favorite. Ah yes, the memories. The Plush club in Tucson was where JJ introduced me to his wife, Simone, and I got to visit with her for about a half hour before the show. Now that was also cool.
Wish I had answers for you, DT. Like you I have  thought about going to Florida  and parking in JJ's front yard ( the one with the front porch of course) and wait for a Florida tour to take place. I don't think the Higginbotham family would appreciate that so I better not.
 Oh well maybe someday they will downsize and/or play smaller venues again. And at least we have the music and the memories.
Be well,
Jay Slavec
Cliff, NM
ICBC-UK

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Sunshine - loved watching that one!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter