Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #1 
My wife and I are both from Maryland (DC area for me and Eastern Shore for her)

We are driving up in our spacious mini van up from JJ's hometown to the DC area for this show.

I invited 6 peeps I went to junior high school iwth who have never heard of JJ Grey

Within an hour I got 3 "Oh Hell Yeah, I Wanna Go" replies thanks to vids I posted on their Facebook pages

One friend wrote: Slide guitar and horns, what could be better? So looking forward to this show!

So--anyone along I-95 need a ride to Virgina in late January???





0
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw24
My wife and I are both from Maryland (DC area for me and Eastern Shore for her)

We are driving up in our spacious mini van up from JJ's hometown to the DC area for this show.

I invited 6 peeps I went to junior high school iwth who have never heard of JJ Grey

Within an hour I got 3 "Oh Hell Yeah, I Wanna Go" replies thanks to vids I posted on their Facebook pages

One friend wrote: Slide guitar and horns, what could be better? So looking forward to this show!

So--anyone along I-95 need a ride to Virgina in late January???






Did somebody say road trip???  

I would love to go, but it would depend on several things.  First, when are you heading up - and when are you heading home?
0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #3 
I imagine it would be a quick 3-4 day trip like Thursday or Friday  to Sunday or Monday.





0
giggles

Avatar / Picture

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Registered:
Posts: 2,073
Reply with quote  #4 

You should do Thurs to Sunday & bump up to Philly for the 1/27 show then head south catch the Falls Church show on Saturday!


__________________

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #5 
Great idea
0
Calypso

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #6 

make sure to hit the Dogfish Head Alehouse while in Falls Church

close to intersection of rt.50 and rt.7

great food and brew


__________________
no one knows...for sure
....no they don't
0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #7 
thanks--is it related to Dogfish Head in Rehoboth Beach DEL?
0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #8 
We got 8-10 people heading to the State Theater on Saturday.

We have packed up the van and leave for DC tomorrow morning.

Anyone from here going to the show this saturday?



0
Sunshine

Avatar / Picture

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Registered:
Posts: 5,828
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw24
We got 8-10 people heading to the State Theater on Saturday.

We have packed up the van and leave for DC tomorrow morning.

Anyone from here going to the show this saturday?



 

oh how I

WISH!!! 

thinks its gonna be a while til my next fix with

the Canada and Eur ropee tours, but we gots ta share Our Boys!


__________________
"In a heartbeat, all worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, all worlds collide
  ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw24
We got 8-10 people heading to the State Theater on Saturday.

We have packed up the van and leave for DC tomorrow morning.

Anyone from here going to the show this saturday?



 

oh how I

WISH!!! 

thinks its gonna be a while til my next fix with

the Canada and Eur ropee tours, but we gots ta share Our Boys!



Look forward to meeting you at a show soon, Sunshine.
0
giggles

Avatar / Picture

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Registered:
Posts: 2,073
Reply with quote  #11 

I am going to try and make this show.....


__________________

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

I am going to try and make this show.....



Excellent--don't think we've met yet--right?
0
giggles

Avatar / Picture

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Registered:
Posts: 2,073
Reply with quote  #13 

I think I met you very briefly before one of the Bamboo Room shows in May


__________________

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

I think I met you very briefly before one of the Bamboo Room shows in May



What's your real name?
0
giggles

Avatar / Picture

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Registered:
Posts: 2,073
Reply with quote  #15 

My big girl name is Arlene.......but I will respond to anything that ends in een (Arlene is a REALLY wretched name, I get every variation of it. As if Arlene isn't bad enough people call me Carlene! Really, my name is bad but people find a way to make it worse! Lol). I am short, round & red-headed; I am ususally hard to miss. When I met who I think is you, you were in the midst of selling/trading/unloading tickets, so it was kind of hectic.


__________________

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

0
bobbyw24

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

My big girl name is Arlene.......but I will respond to anything that ends in een (Arlene is a REALLY wretched name, I get every variation of it. As if Arlene isn't bad enough people call me Carlene! Really, my name is bad but people find a way to make it worse! Lol). I am short, round & red-headed; I am ususally hard to miss. When I met who I think is you, you were in the midst of selling/trading/unloading tickets, so it was kind of hectic.



Oh, gotcha--yes it was hectic.

I will look for you on Saturday.
0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #17 

She also answers to "LOOK! IT'S JJ!!"

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

 

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter