Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 9 of 9     «   Prev   6   7   8   9
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #161 
Great Pics, Dave!  I'm amazed at all the pics of JJ with his eyes open.
I don't have that kind of luck but then I am not a professional.
Really Nice!!

Admin
Reply with quote  #162 

Dave's not either. He just plays one on TV.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #163 
Figured I should check in briefly and let everyone know I'm alive!  I slept 41 out of 48 hours on Sunday and Monday.  I had all intentions of coming home today and posting my review but just woke up after a 6 1/2 hour NAP.  I guess my body needs it - just what did y'all do to me that night?  Loved meeting everyone and will talk to you soon!
Erica
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #164 

Musta been sumthin in the brownies

Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #165 

Holy sheeeeeeiittt, so whatcha y'all are tellin' me and this gang of locals I'll be traveling with is......we're in for some really, no I mean REALLY GOOD SHIT !....Man oh man, I'm so excited, I can't see straight, think right, don't think I'm gonna sleep well, until Fridaynght, and right about now if I'm not careful.....I might even piss myself like kid gone crazy on a roller coaster....hot damn tox and uhollis.....and that stuff about your pops....sonofabitch that was some down right good stuff !  Makes me wanna go down to the garage right now, turn on the Fender amp, and plug in one of those damn guitars that I still need to learn to play, oh screw it, just go down and have some fun, me, an axe, a brass slide, and a couple of harps....Hey Neighbors...get your asses up, and pour me some of my Makers, live a little.......excuse me Officer, is there something wrong....oh hey do you know Sgt. Bauer....the drummer...yeah we go back aways....since we were 8yrs. old....oh that one, yep it's autographed....by JJ Grey...yes indeed....turn it down a bit, certainly.....have a nice night Sir, be safe...stop on by any time.......ok dogs...let's get loud and funky....shit...it's11:40 pm....

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #166 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard

Holy sheeeeeeiittt, so whatcha y'all are tellin' me and this gang of locals I'll be traveling with is......we're in for some really, no I mean REALLY GOOD SHIT !....Man oh man, I'm so excited, I can't see straight, think right, don't think I'm gonna sleep well, until Fridaynght, and right about now if I'm not careful.....I might even piss myself like kid gone crazy on a roller coaster....hot damn tox and uhollis.....and that stuff about your pops....sonofabitch that was some down right good stuff !  Makes me wanna go down to the garage right now, turn on the Fender amp, and plug in one of those damn guitars that I still need to learn to play, oh screw it, just go down and have some fun, me, an axe, a brass slide, and a couple of harps....Hey Neighbors...get your asses up, and pour me some of my Makers, live a little.......excuse me Officer, is there something wrong....oh hey do you know Sgt. Bauer....the drummer...yeah we go back aways....since we were 8yrs. old....oh that one, yep it's autographed....by JJ Grey...yes indeed....turn it down a bit, certainly.....have a nice night Sir, be safe...stop on by any time.......ok dogs...let's get loud and funky....shit...it's11:40 pm....

good lawd Richard, you got me a going like I just consumed a pot of java in one big gulp!  you are too damn funny!  now don't forget that review first thing Friday morning, I am a counting on you to provide my Friday morning entertainment now!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Figured I should check in briefly and let everyone know I'm alive!  I slept 41 out of 48 hours on Sunday and Monday.  I had all intentions of coming home today and posting my review but just woke up after a 6 1/2 hour NAP.  I guess my body needs it - just what did y'all do to me that night?  Loved meeting everyone and will talk to you soon!
Erica

41 out of 48 hours napping, dayum!   you should feel refreshed for shure!!  Again, let me say that I am so glad you got in and I can't wait for your review and your brownie recipe

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #168 
Here's a link to a blog that has a short review of the Bamboo show. http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/label_45450?eid=L45450_7633678_

It explains the reason why JJ was late:
"The (Bamboo Room's) anticipated return finally came last weekend with a trio of great shows highlighted by JJ Grey (of Mofro)'s soulful solo set on Friday. Typical to opening night follies and adding to the storyline, as explained by JJ, he received a call at 5pm that evening regarding details of this gig while roofing his house in the Jacksonville area. Shocked, he leaped from the roof, grabbed his guitar, hopped in his pick-up and contemplated why he thought this show was Saturday as he drove like a mad man to meet his ravenous South Florida fanbase, if just a little late."

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #169 
I think we all knew who placed the 5:00 phone call...
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #170 
Clay, that's Matty B's quick review.  He IS Brotherly Love Productions.  Trophy Wife met him at the bamboo room for a quick sec.  I believe he has a more extensive review coming out in the New Times shortly.  I think he is talking with Dave about using a photo or two.
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #171 
Clay,
I think that call was his assistant manager. I might be blurring the details a bit, but I think it was a call to shore up his "guest list for tonight."
JJ: "You mean tomorrow."
"No tonight."
JJ: "-hold on a sec."...

...and I think most folks know the timeline of events from there. JJ Flying down I-95, calling airlines and commuter airports to see if he could get a last minute flight along the way to save 20 or 30 minutes, worried as hell that Daytona would be clogged up because of the race, and so on. In the end, he drove like mad the whole way. Pulled into the lot and was on stage within about 5 minutes.

As I understand things, it was a completely innocent yet complex mistake. When the BBR first talked with JJ's camp about playing, I believe initial talks WERE for Saturday night. Obviously, as we all know final plans were made for Friday night. On BOTH sides of the deal, the persons eventually inking the deal were not the ones that initiated the talk. In other words, the BamBoo Room management person that was originally talking Saturday was not the one that booked Friday, and same deal for the JJ camp.

THEN, come Thursday and Friday (gig week), the owner of the BBR (Russel) didn't call JJ because he thought he was already down here with his friends and didn't want to disturb him (Russel, like most who meet JJ, consider him a friend). And JJ's friends thought he was already down with Russell and they didn't want to disturb him. So nobody called.

Considering how many persons were involved, as I type this I can't believe NOBODY made contact with anyone along the way that could have cleared it up. But hell, these things happen. Just last night, Sarah and I were talking about that gig and I said, "it wasn't much later than most blues shows typically go on," which is just the way it seems to go in the biz.

And amazingly, JJ's fans didn't seem to care a lick. It was a great night, and the story just kind of adds to the deal.

The epilogue is something else, too. JJ was up at 7AM in Lake Worth the next morning, on the road at 7-oh-5, and back on that dang roof by lunchtime Saturday. After blabbing post-show, that gave him all of 3 hours of sleep IF he crashed as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #172 
jj fixin his own roof,eh? thats some shit
pretty funny stuff
well I hope he's got chris on the solo road with him to remind him where he's gotta be,lol

(matty B and the BLP peeps are the shit !!! btw)

( funny quotes from rombello )
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #173 
yes they are FF, and word is deLucchi will be on the road with him
zcreative

Reply with quote  #174 
Can't wait to see that NewTimes article and see which one of Dave's sweet shot(s) they chose!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #175 

great story!! I am also looking forward to the extended review!!  Thanks tox for sharing!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter