Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 

If you're reading this then I guess it'd be a DUH on my part to say, "hey y'all we got a new message board!" 

I hope I've done the right thing. I don't want to lose the simplicity we've had. On the other hand, as our community continues to grow, it seems backward-thinking to not take advantage of some of the tools and gadgets that could make our experience here even better.

When I divided the boards up last year my goal was to make it easier for folks to find things. In doing so though, I think we lost a little bit of community and cameraderie--IMHO. That was NOT my intent. I like the cameraderie.  So you'll notice that for the most part I've put them back together (let's have a musician's and off-topic forum for a while and see how we like it that way.)

After an exhaustive search I settled on this board provider/format. (I'd have liked to use vBulletin but can't for a couple reasons.) It has a lot of the features that people have asked about in the past including a much-improved search feature, avatars, auto-linking, ability to subscribe to threads or forums, RSS, much easier process for loading pics and vids, font options, much more shit and yes...smilies. But it's a lot simpler than some; I've seen some boards that have so many options and so much shit on the screen all around you that you'd think you were at Mission Control guiding the Space Shuttle in for a landing.

BAD NEWS: you're gonna have to re-register.  I'm really sorry y'all  Unfortunately this is a whole different system than the old one.  They're not integrated so there's no way I can transfer the old id/passwords. But please feel free to use your old id and password when you register.

The good news is that when you re-register there are a lot more tools at your disposal.  You ain't gotta use them. The interface for clicking shit on and off is real easy.

Of course there's still no registration required for those who just want to look!

If you have questions or comments about the new boards, please holler out!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
One more thing. I can't believe we're coming up on 2 years.  Wow.  I just want to thank all y'all--everyone--those who post, those who look--whether it be 5 times a day or 5 times a month.  It's all of you that make this site what it is!

This has been a fantastic adventure for me.  Meeting people, making some wonderful new friends that now feel like old friends, talking and joking with all y'all on the board, being amazed at some of the knowledge of Mofrodom out there, enjoying the cameraderie shared when something so rare brings people together.

I can't really say what I expected 2 years ago, but I can say that this is beyond my wildest imagination. It's required considerably more of my time than I ever thought it would, much less resources, but worth every moment and cent.  It's been an experience I did not expect. I have JJ and Mofro and all of you to thank for that.

I really do hope you like the new board setup. I did it for y'all (believe me, it's been a lot of work and also added about 30% to my monthly expenses.) Once you get used to it I think you'll really like it, especially being able to navigate straight to the end of a post, subscribe to a thread, and seeing at a quick glance if a new post has been made.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
Last thing.  Rules. Why we gotta have rules? I dunno. I guess it's hard to say 'you broke the rules!' if you ain't got none. If you ever get really really bored and want to see all mumbo jumbo disclaimer shit, privacy policy, and list of rules, there's a whole page.*

But I can sum 'em up purty quick right here.
  • No religion. No politics. There's lots of forums for that stuff out there. This ain't one of 'em.
  • Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them.
  • Be nice. This ain't no throwdown. Anyone exhibiting conduct becoming a dickhead gets strike 1. Second strike and they're out. This ain't baseball neither.
  • Anyone who posts something defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of privacy don't even get a 2nd strike.
  • Out means that I use the power of 1 finger to ban them from the boards
Lastly, when opening a new thread, consider the topic title. Sometimes it's fine to be vague and other times better to be more specific. (No banning or anything for not adhering to this )

*Site rules/privacy policy
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
Shit. Just when I said last thing, there's one more thing. Profanity. Well, I have to assume that the vast majority of people visiting the site here have either been to a live JJG&M show or heard one off the LMA. I'm further supposing they don't cover their ears and run out the door in horror the first time JJ hollers FUCK!

I've seen folks bring their kids to Mofro shows, and would have to agree that what JJ says at a show sedate compared to a lot of songs kids listen to today, much less what's said at schools, movies, etc.

So, bottom line here is that the profanity filter is turned OFF.  Or, as I like to say if someone asks if we have a profanity policy, you gotta be fucking kidding me right? This is Mofro!

I was born and raised about 50 miles northwest of Orlando, a 5th generation Floridian. In the South (and yes, those of us from Central Florida consider ourselves as much Southerners as say, Alabamans, we talk like JJ and Daryl do.) Profanity is not meant to offend; it's just part of our everyday vocabulary.  It's part of our blood.

We don't say:  "The dog escaped and ran down the street."
We say: "That goddam dog dun run out the door and took off down the fucking street!"

Doesn't that sound, well...better?

Lastly, if not most importantly, the word "shit" is NOT a profanity! Anyone born in the South will tell you that. In the South, it's interchangeable with anything. It's just part of the vocabulary.  Not everyone is comfortable saying "fuck" at anytime, anywhere.  But "shit"......sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

In the South, we teach the proper uses of the word shit at an early age, in grade school.  Here you go...
(put on your best deep-South accent)

Noun: "Don't step in that pile of dog shit."

Verb: "I ain't shitting you, I done seen a flying seegar."

Adverb: "I done so shitty on my driving test they done took my fucking driver's license away."

Pronoun: "I shit, you shit, he shit, she shit, they shit, we shit, it shit."

Personal Pronoun: "That fucker over there thinks he's the shit."

Proper Noun: "Mr. Shithead"

Adjective: "I got so shit-faced at the Mofro New Year's Eve show that I threw up on JJ."

Preposition: "To get to the fishin' hole, we gonna have to hack through all this shit."

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

so good so far.... ha ha

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

well shit

AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #7 
Looks great, Clay! Nice work! Thank you for all your dedication!
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #8 
LOVE it!! 
Great work Clay!!!!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #9 
Holy shitballs! wooo hoo..
Thanks Clay!!  
Bigdog

Reply with quote  #10 

I kinda like this shit!!

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #11 
We done gone upper class ya'll, Clay hooked us up!  I'm lovin' this, all the options, accessories, new gadgets....   Just when you thought it couldn't get any better....

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #12 
JJ Grey & Mofro

Haha, new gadgets...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Ain't it fun?  And in case you missed this, I posted this in the Jookhouse forum last night but shoulda put here too:

"As I've stated before, I don't know nuthing about making music I just know how to listen to it. But there's some folks around here that know lots about making it.

For one, Delerious Tyme has put countless hours into putting together tab sheets.  They're all on the tabs/chords page.  I think I got a couple more from him that I haven't put up yet.  A BIG tip of the hat to DT for all he's done y'all!

He has been around since the very early days of the site and has been a sounding board, a confidant, a supporter, an advisor, and a friend. He has a lot to do with where this site is and how it all came together back then. I truly don't know what I'd have done without him. (He don't know this next part yet y'all.)  As such, I am proud to say that he is now designated as the FIRST moderator at mofrofans.com.  He deserves it.  Let him hear it y'all.

He now has the power to blow up your computer with one swipe of his index finger.

(Is that where I'm sposed to use one of them smilie things?)"

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #14 
WOO HOO DT! First Moderator of the boards!! (does back flips in your honor!!)  Big thanks to both you and Clay for all that you do!!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #15 
Congradutions Mr. Moderator!!   indeed a pleasure
I could spend awl day on this board.....

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #16 
ok, 14 posts down  -  only 1,950-ish to catch me up, lol
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #17 

Clay, I think you may have created a monster.....a Sunshine Monster!!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Congratulations Mr. Moderator!!   Indeed a pleasure
I could spend awl day on this board.....

Yeah.....what she said!!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #19 

you could say that, but the weather outside

is 32 and drizzily, most of my inside chores are done.

so I am trying out my creativity 

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #20 

Thanks Clay and everyone, I'm honored to be just a part of this website, much less a moderator.  It's been a fun ride from day one thanks to Clay and pretty much become a daily, heck, what am I saying, hourly part of my daily life to come one here and read, post, just check in on everything Mofro.  I don't see that changing any time soon. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter