Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey Gang,

The wife and I took the day off from work.......no, not for that, hey but if I hurry, with this, I could hurry with that too... No, see as some of you know, my youngest son, Mitchell, well he's got this heart condition thingamagig....Truncusarteriosus...TA, they call it, and well, some almost 9yrs ago, he had his first open heart surgery at three weeks of age.  Well, his deal aint over yet, if ever, and since then he's gone to see his cardiologist here in Seattle, at Children's Hospital for annual exams, to see what changes are happening, and to get ready for the next big surgery. So, since last year's visit in the Summer, his doc said...that by next year's visit, "well, we better start talking about a plan..." we decided to move it up to the Spring, see where we/he is at, and if need be, get the ball rolling, so as to maybe not have to have him in and them pulled out of school, along with his big brother Vincent, if we have to travel to California for the surgey. That's were his cardio surgeon is at, and well like having a good mechanic.....you kinda stick with the same guy.  Anyways, I aint trying to tug on y'alls heartstrings, just pointing out the facts of life, and maybe I'll hit the garage before I go, plug in a guitar, act stupid, and listen to some Mofro to medicate my mind before we go pick up the boys from school and out to Children's. Y'all be good and have a great day !
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #2 
Sending lots of Positive Thoughts & Healthy Heart Energy  Mitchell's way!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you prepare for Mitchell's upcoming cardiologist appointment!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

modifab

Reply with quote  #3 
Plenty Motor City Mojo here too Richard! Nothin but positive and prosperous thoughts and prayers for y'all with the upcoming undertaking.

Chins up out there on the West Coast!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 

Praying for the strength you and your family needs and awl the positive healing vibes coming your way. 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #5 
My thoughts are with you and your family Richard... Giggles has some good Positive Energy!!   I'll throw in some Healthy Heart Vibes too.  Hope some Mofro made your day a little more bearable.
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #6 
Hey Y'all,

Man I don't get this kid, he don't show any real signs of wear.  Took Mitchell in today, because as I said, last Summer during his annual visit, his doctor told us....thngs look about the same, minor but expected changes, and usually going this far on his first repair....is pretty good. So, we moved the annual appointment up, to the Spring, based on the fact that the doc. told us last August, by this August we should start talking about a plan.....so we thought we'd get a jump on it, in the event,it looked like surgery number 2 was needed.  Well, it's still needed, but as of now, not right now.  So, he got the ok to go another year, unless we start to see changes in Mitchell's health, which so far, we have not.  The doc said it becomes an issue of how larger his right ventricle becomes, and if he is showing signs/symptoms such as dizziness, sweating, fainting, pain in his chest... and like I said, so far, so good.  The doc said some kids have gone 12 years on their first repair, but there are all sorts of factors for that kinda run.  So, it almost seemed anticlimatic, yet a relief, but certainly not going to be able to avoid more surgery(ies) in the future.  This kid is something else, both of them are actually.....in different ways.  Oh and yes  I did listen to some JJ Grey and Mofro before and on the way out to the hospital.....a bit soothing it was.
Thanks for all of the good thoughts and well wishes too....they mean alot to us.  You're all a bunch of good, no make that great people.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 

Glad to hear Mitchell is doing great!  I guess that you got the best case scenerio yesterday.  Your kids have a great set of parents!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

I'll second what Sunny said. Thanks for coming on and sharing with your extended family here Richard. Mitchell's a tough guy; please be sure to keep us updated.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter