Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

We drove home from Scott and Ashley’s   to Joey’s.  When we returned, Eva and Joey slept some more, not me, still going off of the adrenaline from the night before.   Nicole came by about 11 or so to pick up Eva and I.  She took us to Sand Key Beach.  It was a perfect beach day, warm not hot, sunny and a slight breeze. 

The beach was not crowded in the slightest and we were there most of the day.  We played in the waves for some time, Eva stayed in the water for a long time.  Returned to Joey’s by 4 or so.

Eva went off to visit an old friend and Joey and I decided to head to the water’s edge to catch the sunset.  As we were walking, it was then that I realized that this will be the first sunset my brother Joey and I shared together, just the two of us, hard to believe that I lived in Florida for 25 years and this is our first solo sunset!

It only took us 20 minutes to stroll down there and I so enjoyed my sister~brother time.  I miss my Joey!! 

Saturday night we walked down to a block party in Palm Harbor, it was kinda boring so we didn’t stay too long.  Called up County Inn Pizza and picked it up on our walk back to Joey’s.  Got to hang with Ray and Randy, hard to believe we have known them two boys for over 35 years. 

Sunday Nicole picked us up again and we just drove to the causeway since it was much closer and Eva wanted to be back by 1pm for the Packer game.  When we got back, I grabbed a quick shower.  I wanted to surprise a dear dear friend of mine.  So I told Joey I would be back in an hour or so.  I drove around the old neighborhood and it just felt so weird.  By the time I returned, the game was over and Nicole and David were on their way to pick us up for chicken wings and beer at the Sand Bar, then off to watch the sunset on the causeway.   

We had a blast!!! 

a Blue Heron and an Egret

LIVING IN THE MOMENT!!

Getting some Sista Sugah!

We laughed so much and it was the perfect ending to our last evening in Florida. 

As we were nearing the airport, there was one more light to go through.   The turn light turned red, and Joey said “yea, a few more moments to share with my sisters”.  I nearly cried and I will never look at a red light the same again! 

Eva and I passed through security and headed to the gate to wait a bit.  As we were sitting there, it hit me like a ton of bricks:  WHERE’S MY POSTER??  I had no idea where I sat it down.  In the bathroom before we went through security, the car rental counter, where where where did I leave it?!  I started to panic realizing there is no way I can go back to those places to look.  But Eva said she remembered me having it going through security, so we headed back there.  I waved a security guard over and asked if they found a white poster tube.  And we found it and I told him that he made me a very very happy person today!!  Whew ……..

Once we took flight and were able to use our mofroPODS, I put mine on and had my eyes closed for the next hour or so, just letting myself get absorbed into my music.  I had one more hour to be off the grid and relive my amazing weekend before we landed.  Eventually the pilot came on and asked to have all electronics turned off now as we are approaching the airport.  Even though we had to turn off all electronics, I kept my eyes closed, and I just tried for as long as I could to remain in this mental state.  I felt the wheels of the plane touch down and as the pilot put the brakes on the plane, and the inertia pulled me slightly forward, and I could swear it felt as if I was literally being pulled back into reality. 

It was just such a wonderful feeling to clear my mind for those days and only have myself to take care of.  But as much as I loved that, I loved returning to my family even more.  As I walked in the door I had two hours before I had to take Sawyer to scouts.  I crammed about 2 hours worth of cleaning, unpacked, make dinner, helped Sawyer with homework and made an apple cobbler before we left at 6:15.  Got home about 8 and finally could head to our loft and snuggle with my family.  Good to go and even better to come home!!

Peace

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #2 
Gorgeous story!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter