Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
TN_Cracka

Reply with quote  #1 
Was watching Episode 2 of the All Access - Mayweather/Canelo on Showtime this weekend, when all of the sudden I heard those first funky guitar riffs of "War" playing in the background.

I thought the song went perfectly with what the show was focusing on.

If you have Showtime, be sure to check it out On Demand.

Reply with quote  #2 
Episode 2... I'll have to check it out. I can't hardly stand watching the All-Access shows when Mayweather is on them. I get tired of his mouth. Hopefully Canelo will close it for him. But it's boxing, one can never tell what will happen in a fight.  I just can't wait for 9 more days to go past to watch the PPV. There are some great matches on the undercard. Garcia/Matthysse should be a real War. Not sure about Smith/Theophane... wasn't impressed the last 2 times I saw Smith fight, and can't remember ever seeing Theophane at all. 
Now, do I shell out the $60, or wait a week and watch it for "free" on Showtime....?

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
TN_Cracka

Reply with quote  #3 

Not to rub it in....but one week from today I will be on that big ole jet airliner headed to Vegas. First time out there, going for my anniversary. Yes, my wife is that awesome. We tried to buy tix to the fight (the first 2 price levels), but no luck of course. Settled for closed circuit tix. Staying at the Mirage. Also, Goldenboy his hosting a card on Thursday night, got 4th row tix, which also guarantees a seat at the weigh-in. So pumped, not a huge Floyd fan, but I think he actually stops Canelo. And yeah, just as excited for the Garcia/Matthysee fight.

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cracka

Not to rub it in....but one week from today I will be on that big ole jet airliner headed to Vegas. First time out there, going for my anniversary. Yes, my wife is that awesome. We tried to buy tix to the fight (the first 2 price levels), but no luck of course. Settled for closed circuit tix. Staying at the Mirage. Also, Goldenboy his hosting a card on Thursday night, got 4th row tix, which also guarantees a seat at the weigh-in. So pumped, not a huge Floyd fan, but I think he actually stops Canelo. And yeah, just as excited for the Garcia/Matthysee fight.

Continuing on the not to rub it in theme:

In 2004 I saw Roy Jones Jr/Antonio Tarver 1 from ringside at Mandalay Bay. Only cost me $800, but it was a bucket list thing. Of course Tarver knocks out Roy about a minute 30 into the second round. Good thing there was 10 other bouts on the undercard.

Hope Mayweather loses, but it's not likely. He doesn't take on opponents who will beat him, ie Pacquiao. Mind you he has ducked Manny to the point where I think Manny probably would lose to him now.

I was a big boxing fan, I have a library of fights on video. But I think the sport is in great decline due to the greed of promoters over the years. MMA may suffer the same fate at the hands of Dana White. Once the fighters catch on to the fact that they make shit for money.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cracka
Was watching Episode 2 of the All Access - Mayweather/Canelo on Showtime this weekend, when all of the sudden I heard those first funky guitar riffs of "War" playing in the background.

I thought the song went perfectly with what the show was focusing on.

If you have Showtime, be sure to check it out On Demand.

Watching an episode right now on Canada's "Fight Network", the song I heard was Dirtfloorcracker. Maybe I'm watching a different episode. 

Reply with quote  #6 
I was watching a different episode. Wonder how many songs they used?

Reply with quote  #7 
The one in Episode 2 was definitely "War".  I haven't watched any  other episodes completely, though, so I couldn't say how many songs were used. I'll just be glad when sometime tomorrow night all the hype on this fight is done, and we can get on with the bout! 

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
helix77

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick814
The one in Episode 2 was definitely "War".  I haven't watched any  other episodes completely, though, so I couldn't say how many songs were used. I'll just be glad when sometime tomorrow night all the hype on this fight is done, and we can get on with the bout! 

The episode I saw was a lot about De Le Hoya giving Mayweather's opponents the formula for winning. And of course, it doesn't work for anyone, including Oscar. I've never liked Oscar as a fighter. Always bullshit excuses about why he lost fights. Mayweather doesn't get hit very much, by using his in and out speed and angles. This could end up like the Hatton fight. That's the feeling I get. Canelo better be patient or he better be faster. If not, Mayweather will make him look bad.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter