Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #1 
i have some insanely great memories from a few shows, and a few not so lovely. they tend to revolve around loss and/or separation. 

one stands out and fills my heart every time i even think about it.

2007 Langerado. 

only a few days before, on my wife's BDay night, we had to bury our cat, her first ever pet. Friends and loved ones came over. the Jews in the group spontaneously recited Kaddish as we lit candles and incense over a concrete stone. JJ and I had been on email chat about something else currently,  so he knew we were on the search for the cat, and had ultimately found her, and my wive's stress and shit.

So on to the show. Great weekend for sure.

Mid way thru the set they start Whitehouse.

The edginess in the set thus far fell away.

TM Danny called these next few songs the Florida Trio{Quadrivium if u include Whitehouse}, and has said it was one of the more casually inspired and heart-worthy moments he felt in his time with the band. Edge of the Everglades and shit, so you feel it out there. It just blows right over top of you. Whew.

The Sun is Shining Down
Lochloosa
Florida

Wife and I were planted near the back, in the open, having our show we needed, and at some point in the outro of SiSD, our friend Kerry(who many of you know) comes out of the crowd right towards us. He is breathing heavy, tears covering his cheeks and still streaming from his under his glasses. I, as does my wife, cries every time she hears SiSD(obviously Kerry does as well), and we all embrace and then laugh a bit at our inability to control our emotions. Ahh the power of music. As we get ourselves together, JJ starts his very short pre Lochloosa rant, and for fucks sake, we loose it again. 

Everybody's got a Lochloosa in their heart. Everybody understands what loss means, when nothing ever comes back, and how good it feels to remember it, deep in your soul, deep in your heart. Thank you everybody for coming out.....for pushing this thing, so we all let go. 

From my home to yours. 

http://archive.org/details/mofro2007-03-10.akg481.flac

LORD I BELIEVE!!!!
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #2 
so, your assignment is, if you wish to reveal, a MOFRO memory that may have some gravity to it.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, what a story - thanks for sharing!!!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 
beautifully told Hollis .... just beautiful

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #5 
 July 10th 2008 in Buffalo, New York. The first time ever seeing JJ. They were opening for Jimmy Vaughn at a free summer concert. The band took the stage and plenty of room up front for anyone to get close. WELL,what happend over the next hour was magicial. Jilly and I listen to first song,second,thrid,forth and then we both looked at each other with big smiles and said this band is awsome! We went to the merch tent and purchased some cd's and haven't stopped listening since. We have traveled many hours away for home to see this great music. I think we have seen 15 shows and everyone of them has been a great memory. We have meet a bunch of webbies from this site and hope to meet a bunch more. Clay,thanks again for this place. Fyi, Lochloosa,yes it does make grown men cry,but it feels so good!    M&J
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter