Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #21 

I gotta question ...........

Turner Hall Ballroom says their doors open 2 hours before the show starts.

Doors open at 7pm.......

2 openers, JC Brooks and Daryl .............

so, the openers start at 9pm and The Greyhounds w/ AC are suppose to have a show at the Tonic Tavern at 11pm - ish........

How much time will Our Boys have to play?

Or am I a missing sumptin??

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #22 
Firstest, don't ever take what you read on their websites as hard and fast cause most often those are their usual rules and they can vary from show to show.

The guys almost always play until midnight. I'd guess Daryl gets 30 mins and JCB get 45. There's not much to change up after Daryl's set so JCB could go on within 20 mins probably. Takes 30 to 45 for Mofro to set up after a starter. The guys usually start bout 10:15-10:30 unless it's a venue that closes early (or has line dancing afterwards--see Mavericks.) I could be all washed up; somebody's who's been there would certainly know more than me.

Where'd you get the info on the Greyhound's show?

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I gotta question ...........

Turner Hall Ballroom says their doors open 2 hours before the show starts.

Doors open at 7pm.......

2 openers, JC Brooks and Daryl .............

so, the openers start at 9pm and The Greyhounds w/ AC are suppose to have a show at the Tonic Tavern at 11pm - ish........

How much time will Our Boys have to play?

Or am I a missing sumptin??

chicago got about 2 hrs.. daryl kicked off @ 800 & got about 30min.. my first pic of mofro was @ 10:01 my last pic of the bow is @ 11:54.. You ain't a shitting.. Hounds @ 11 ain't happeneing.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Firstest, don't ever take what you read on their websites as hard and fast cause most often those are their usual rules and they can vary from show to show.

The guys almost always play until midnight. I'd guess Daryl gets 30 mins and JCB get 45. There's not much to change up after Daryl's set so JCB could go on within 20 mins probably. Takes 30 to 45 for Mofro to set up after a starter. The guys usually start bout 10:15-10:30 unless it's a venue that closes early (or has line dancing afterwards--see Mavericks.) I could be all washed up; somebody's who's been there would certainly know more than me.

Nevermind.. Confirmed on the offical site.. Good deal !

Thursday, January 19th, 2012

Tonic Tavern

Greyhounds - after JJ Grey&mofro;/ 11ish pm

2335 S. Kinnickinnic
Milwaukee Wisconsin usa 414.455.3205 [map]

Price: FREE

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Nevermind.. Confirmed on the offical site.. Good deal !

Thursday, January 19th, 2012

Tonic Tavern

Greyhounds - after JJ Grey&mofro;/ 11ish pm

2335 S. Kinnickinnic
Milwaukee Wisconsin usa 414.455.3205 [map]

Price: FREE

Just checking in... The timing does concern me a bit, as I do not want an abbreviated headliner.. I'll just trust that won't happen.. I just talked with one of the csr's I deal with in Milwaukee, she said that Turners was a great venue.. She also commented on Tonics, stating that it had a killer selection & great atmosphere..

The weather here is wonderful.. Snowing like beaatch.. My forecast shows high of 7 , low of -4 on Thursday.. I am 60 miles off Lake Michigan though.. 

Also think I can add a couple more to the head count.. My time of arrival is still in jeopardy. Unless something changes it is looking like 6ish.. I’ll be pounding a sub, and errrr a cocktail on the way.. Well just maybe a cocktail.. nevermind.. I’ll be there…

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberingox
[

Just checking in... The timing does concern me a bit, as I do not want an abbreviated headliner.. I'll just trust that won't happen.. I just talked with one of the csr's I deal with in Milwaukee, she said that Turners was a great venue.. She also commented on Tonics, stating that it had a killer selection & great atmosphere..

The weather here is wonderful.. Snowing like beaatch.. My forecast shows high of 7 , low of -4 on Thursday.. I am 60 miles off Lake Michigan though.. 

Also think I can add a couple more to the head count.. My time of arrival is still in jeopardy. Unless something changes it is looking like 6ish.. I’ll be pounding a sub, and errrr a cocktail on the way.. Well just maybe a cocktail.. nevermind.. I’ll be there…

I am thinking I ama gonna need a winner jacket and gloves for this trip.  Saw Milwaukee now has a low of -1 Thursday.  I wheel be arriving to my cousins house about 2pm and have to wait for him to drive in from Cinn dew to arrive at 5pm.  Sure hoope the weather don't effect him arriving on time.  We are gonna get a bite to eat and then head over.  He says Tonics is a busy place.  looking forward to my Midwest Mofro Adventure!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #27 
Don't worry at all about an abbreviated headliner. You'll get a full set. The after-party is just a fun gig after the show, nothing more. If the place closes early or whatever before the after show starts then it just won't happen. I'm sure you'll get the full 16-17 songs from the band.

BTW, I hate cold.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter