Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 
I have bean in contact with our lumbering Ox. 
He has sent me the setlist which he say they played exactly as listed.
[15233164858_b56df8c5e0_o]
He said "he left the note for the add-on, but it did not get played"

[15232989699_7b3f10cf97_c]
also, and I quote from Ox
"Trube broke one of AC's symbols with his lap...
pounding it hard"
highest energy yet he has been to!  He is still on vacation,
but PROMISED me that he will post in a day or two his review.  Thanks Ox!!
now we will wait for Slick's review from this evening..........

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #2 
Damn, set lists have gotten down right stagnant.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #3 
Without Art, the Setlists are going to be pretty vanilla.  Art brought a lot to the table when it comes to knowing all the arrangements and keeping everyone else on the same page.  That and the fact that these guys hardly spend any time together outside of touring, for them to work on adding more to the Setlist than what we have become accustom too.  The Greyhounds have been touring quite a bit and working on a new album when not with Mofro, AC has been drumming for them.  JJ has been with the Southern Soul Assembly, Dennis with Greg Allman Band and other various projects, and Todd back home in Colorado.  That's the other thing to remember as well, non of the guys live close to each other to where they could spend any time changing up the set list.  It's not like they can just hop in a car and drive somewhere to practice.  Even when they cut a new album, they are not all there together for the most part.  When they are it is just for a couple if days, if that. 
There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
sixways

Reply with quote  #4 
I was at the Turner Hall show and had a great time.  I brought a large group with me, as they all know I am a big JJ Grey & Mofro fan and they always hear me rave about the music.  Great venue and a kick-ass show. 

My only wish would be that they played more than one song from the Lochloosa CD, as that is the disc I first got hooked on and bought for so many people to get them into Mofro (it's our Northwoods bar-hopping music).  I would have loved to have heard That Boy, Dirtfloorcracker, Six Ways from Sunday or How Junior Got His Head Put Out.

Hopefully next time, which can't come soon enough. It was a phenomenal evening. 
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #5 
Welcome sixways to the Front Porch!! I saw Our Boys at Turner Hall not long ago!! Great venue!
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome SIXWAYS !

Though brief not being a long winded fellow….. my review.

Per normal we were stationed up front which might be up for discussion next time around due to the amp configuration utilized @ Turner. Our location afforded us 100% exposure to JJ’s guitar, but not his vocals or any of the other moving parts. I found that on my one trip to the concession stand (though extremely difficult to get too due to packed house) yielded a much better sounding experience.  Seems that this configuration has held true over the last two shows I have seen @ Turners..

To me the show seemed to really flow. Standard set list or not, when you see them once per year it cures the jonz…  At points one hardly had time to catch your breath. The only fresh air opportunities were the dives into BD,  Lochloosa, & This river.. Which are hardly sit back and chill opps.. IMHO those are the most emotionally packed powerhouse offered up by The Man…. My wife fell victim to the grace of this this River due to a rash of personal losses over the past few months (family, friends, and our nearly 12 year old Newfoundland Norbie L ).. Not to disappoint after This river JJ awarded her with a prolonged embrace, and his guitar pick. A very nice addition to our JJG&M keepsakes.. A truly memorable evening no doubt!

Other show notes:

• To support the ailing voice defense: JJ made reference to his vocal failures, and proceeded to say “F – IT –You came here to have fun tonight, and that is exactly what we are going to do” as he proceeded to blow out the veins in his neck & forehead during a screeching conclusion to 99 shades…

• Have not seen a million shows, but enough.. JJ certainly is carving out much more geeetar time.. Not an expert, but damn when you’re up front and center it sure is impressive. I think in total between him, and trube three strings fell victim that night..

• A pair of panties flew up during a woman… JJ passed them along to Aaron who was not all too receptive. Definitely not any fancy VS merchandise..

• Jj was given a healthy glass of whiskey that he nursed along throughout the show (pry not a great help for the old pipes)

• Security was not a fan of recording so I aint got diddly…

• London Souls… Not to shab, scored a copy for mrs…

• JJ seems to have incorporated some new foot work, seems to be further developing into quite a showman..

• Trube busted one of the symbols hammering away during GW

• Hit the Greyhounds after show @ Jazz Estates (literally a houses basement) for a bit.. Location, space, and cab uncertainty led to an early departure.. They sounded kick ass though.. Got to speak with AC, and Todd outside before we left… Snagged a recording of Soul Navigator, and hit the road

99Crazy

Reply with quote  #7 
I was also at Turner Hall on 10-1-14.  I was lucky enough to shoot these videos on my Iphone when nobody was looking.

It was Craven Moore who introduced me to JJ Grey & Mofro.  This was my 4th show and my thoughts turned to Craven who is deeply missed.

99Crazy

Reply with quote  #8 
Here's one more, sorry it got cut off at the end but there is enough here to enjoy.
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice work 99crazy.... Shit... You were standing right behind me.. My ox ass musta thrown a distraction..

I did watch your vids on Saturday morning.. Thank you for taking the time!!!

I also forgot to mention that there was a taper on site.. I gave him my email, and offered up song reference if needed.. He was not all to familiar with the band.. Sure hope he was successful, and remembers to holler !!!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #10 
for someone so short winded Ox, that was quite the review!! THANKS!!!

and I dew tend to agree with you regarding the repetitive setlist. 
iffin I was seeing them like I used to,
some 5-7 times a year,
it may get old (but I doubt it [tongue]
but I will take whatever I can get and boy howdie and I am so ready!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #11 
And thank you 99shades for the videos!!! 

they are awlways welcome!!!!!!!!

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #12 
http://bt.etree.org/index.php

Thanks to Kurt for taping!

Now I just have to figure out the torrent scenario again.. It has been nearly 5 years since my last go at it..

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberingox
http://bt.etree.org/index.php

Thanks to Kurt for taping!

Now I just have to figure out the torrent scenario again.. It has been nearly 5 years since my last go at it..

Get yourself a Torrent Download program to pull the files off of there.  I have used Azues(sp?) in the past, whatever it is called, has a Frog as it's logo.  If you have any problems, let me know and I will download it on mine and turn them into mp3's to send to you. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #14 

A big thank you:

Taper: bersey (kjb530@gmail.com)

https://archive.org/details/mofro2014-10-01.CA-11.flac16

Met a dude from Iowa at my Hotel named Joe before the show.. Hope he stumbles upon this!

Happy Friday.. OX

sixways

Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks Ox.  I was there and will be there again in November.  Great to hear it again!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter