Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #41 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
IndyMofro'er...DT told me that someone held up a Harp and Drums sign and I said yeah!! I am soooo ready to hear Harp & Drums. Yessir keep bring that sign and thank you for doin it!

DT those are awesome pics and vids. Many thanks! Of course my fave is Wrong Side but they're all great. Trube sounds great on Brighter Days. I see AC was borrowing drums from some other act there. Them ain't his drums and there are WAY too many. All them drums and he'll still only use 2. So you got something against Farrell? Not one pic. My guess is that either your spot on the right of the stage didn't give you an angle or you don't like him. Since it happens to me too I'm going with eith the former. 

First, I'm assuming AC didn't have his drums because of the flight in and out of Phoenix from Louisiana that they had to do, probably easier to just play someone else's instead of shipping them in and out. 

Also, as for pics of Farrell, the spot on stage was a little tough to get a good pic of him, especially with JJ running back and forth in front of him.  Believe me, I got nothing against Farrell other than a man-crush on the way he plays the keys...  Did you watch the video of Ho Cake where JJ gets on the keys?  Watch close as JJ stops in the middle and stares right into the camera before jumping back on the ivory.  It was pretty cool...

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #42 

We finally have a male board member admitting his man-crush!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #43 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
See Clay, I wasn't lying about the Harp & Drums sign, although, I didn't know that it was IndyMofro'er.  Wish I did so I could have met you guys.  Sorry we missed each other, not only that, but you probably talked to Art right after I talked to him and JJ as well.  So we were probably standing right next to each other and didn't know it.  Oh well, next time I guess...

Yep, I'm certain we were standing next to each other over there stage right.  We talked to JJ very briefly and he did a photo with us.  Then I just ran over and thanked Art for another great show.  That's when he asked me about my sign.
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #44 

I saw 3 people taping this show, so I'm hopeful it'll show up on archive.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

Below is the first time Brighter Days has been played live within the state of Arizona....  A long time coming...

And about time! Glad for you DT. Looks like you had a prime viewing spot.

Mofro'er, ur comment it great...and happened a number of times. Me and others have taken pics before only to have someone the next year or 2 see it and say "I remember you, I was standing next to you!" We've threatened to wear name tags before but just how dorky would THAT look! It's reached the point where easily more than half their shows has someone or ones from the board in attendance. May even be more than half!

I fell off my chair when DT told me about your sign. I had just earlier in the day texted him that if he saw JJ to ask for me for some future Harp & Drums. If that ain't a coincidence then I dunno what is!!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

That would be nice. Seems like a serious lack of tapers these days.

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

That would be nice. Seems like a serious lack of tapers these days.

I saw someone taping the show at The Pageant in St. Louis back in Feb. and he said he was putting it up on Archive.org.  It's yet to show up. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter