Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #61 

Line dancing, busted twit setlist, with a jrunken fedora sporting moderator at the helm , mod threatening a mechanical bull ride… Holy crap… Musta been quite a night! Hope yall survived the elbows flying up front.

skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #62 
Smokin' show last night ya'll! Can't wait for tonight!

Intro
War
A Woman
Hide and Seek
Whitehouse
Country Ghetto
Beautiful World
Air
Brighter Days
Dirtfloorcracker
Fireflies
Georgia Warhorse
The Sweetest Thing
Slow, Hot & Sweaty
Ho Cake
Orange Blossoms

Encore:

Lochloosa
On Fire

Good to hang with the MO-FRO-CREW down in Jacksonville, Florida! Big thanks to Modifab, Harmonciasp20 & Danny for helping block the crowd for me to record all up in the thick of it... Download link over here

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #63 
Have to agree with skotdee. Great night! Great to help out. Best show I have ever been too. Glad to meet some more from the board there too. And finally got to hear Whitehouse!
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #64 
Hey Harp...wished we could have chatted some with you and Danny instead of
just a wave.  Didn't see anyone after the show except for Brandon and his sister
and Rommey.  It was a great show.  Gotta love Whitehouse.

Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day
Hey Harp...wished we could have chatted some with you and Danny instead of
just a wave.  Didn't see anyone after the show except for Brandon and his sister
and Rommey.  It was a great show.  Gotta love Whitehouse.

Me too Brighter Day. We were down front for a while after the show but ended up at the back for a few minutes before leaving. Still great seeing you two again. They played Whitehouse again last night at Atlanta.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #66 
Great seeing those we did and disappointed for so many we didn't.

Ox I'll have you know I was wearing a cheap version of a "Country Gentlemen City Hat" but other than that you got it all dead on.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #67 
Here's pictures taken by local news outlet of the show and photos of people at the show.
http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/category.asp?eventID=1387398&CategoryID=10519
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #68 

Jacksonville was the beginning of quite an adventure!  I borrowed my mother’s car for the weekend so that all of us (Blossom, Craven Moore, giggles, and myself) could ride together, and boy that little SUV holds much more than my teeny, tiny two-seater!  Met up with Blossom for the first time at the Omni where I tried to freshen up a bit before heading out for the night.  Then Craven Moore joined us as we headed toward MacCool’s in an attempt to get together with others for the pre-party.  Speaking of, what is it with us and pre-parties??  It always seems difficult to get more than a few people together at one time in one place.  I think the most successful pre-party I’ve attended to date was at LuLu’s before the Ponte Vedra show.  Anyway, we had a drink at MacCool’s while waiting to see if anyone else would show up.  After about 30 minutes we decided to head on over to Hooters where we ran into Brighter Day and coolbreeze.  As soon as we were settled at Hooter’s we found out that skotdee was at MacCool’s eating, so Craven Moore, Brighter Day, & coolbreeze went on to Mavericks while Blossom and I went back to visit with skotdee.  We were lucky enough to catch harp20 and Danny and chat for a few minutes before eventually heading off to Mavericks.

I had never been to this venue before but had heard the stories.  All in all, not a terrible place, but I think that’s just because I ended up parking myself in my little spot and never moved.  Before settling in, we decided to explore a bit and found the merch table where Blossom bought a couple of shirts and the new New Year’s Eve Run poster.  I liked the poster well enough, but I heard several people mention that they wished that particular design had been on a t-shirt.  We also snagged 5 event/promo posters from the ladies room, but they ended up getting lost before the night was over (along with the t-shirts, NYE poster, money, ID, and someone’s mullet) but that’s a whole other story.  Let’s just say that Blossom in Jax = Bad Habit in New York

I hate to admit that I was a little disappointed in the opening act: Yankee Slickers.  Especially since I had seen some of their stuff and was really, really looking forward to seeing them!  They were decent, but something was missing.  Perhaps they were trying a little too hard?  I thought the Mofro show was great, but I had a good view from where I was standing.  The crowd was definitely “rough”, which is why I was glad I made friends with the cutie patootie security guard ahead of time!  He was sweet but very serious about his job.  In fact, he wouldn’t even let me take a picture with him!  By the end of the night he let me have a hug though, so that was good   I felt like JJ had a lot of interaction and eye contact with the crowd, and they were eating it up.  I also thought Trube was super-cute with his baseball cap on - I guess just because I’m used to seeing him in his other hat – nice change of pace.

In addition to seeing the forum members listed above, we also ran into TW, MF1, mofrontrow (John & Michele), and modifab.  And… who else am I forgetting??  I was glad to see Kimi, who I met in Ponte Vedra while she was getting her guitar signed by JJ.  And I was also glad to get a chance to talk to Traci, who I first met at last year’s New Year’s Day show with my parents.  I was shocked by how many people I missed!!!  I know bobbyw24 was sick, but evidently I missed morena, Readymade, RiverRat, AlvinMaker, Lochloosan, my friends Mitzi and Billy (who were at Wanee with me in 2010), a friend’s friend named Randy, and my new “boyfriend” Alvin that I met on Rombello!

Y’all heard all about the line dancing and the missing mechanical bull.  There was a huge moose (at least I think I remember it being a moose) that I was dying to get on – mostly just to see how tall I’d be on it!  We tried to hang out a little after the show, and I need to apologize to anyone who was close enough to me to get “glittered”.  I wore my sparkly dress that night since I decided to wear my “Mofro dress” on New Year’s Eve, and man that glitter got everywhere!!!  I finally stumbled back to the Omni and tried to unwind a bit before calling it a night knowing I’d be up in a few short hours getting ready to do it all over again.

USNRiverRat

Reply with quote  #69 
This was such a fun show! Saw JJ my first time for new years eve last year and loved it at Freebirds, wasn't as crowded. But this was a GREAT night
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter