Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 
Rumor has it that Craig Barnette (original drummer back in the early days) is going to be playing with JJ and Our Boys on the next leg of the tour.................
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
modifab

Reply with quote  #2 
Hiya Sunshine!! 

Precisely why I came-a-lookin to the Front Porch tonight after our Detroit Show... recognized the proper drum kit sittin behind the opening bands kit as soon as I sat down up in the VIP. By proper I only mean that it was a complete Ludwig Blue Sparkle... my first thought was hmmm... perhaps a new drummer? I recognized Craig as soon as they came out... 

So I'm way outta the loop any more  (obviously) and of course curious... what's AC up to? Didn't see any of the fellas after the show since being in Detroit, I had probably 30 people I was running in to otherwise. I'm responsible for many Mofrofans in the Detroit Chapter lol! I saw Chris for a few before the show but just exchanged pleasantries... 

Sound was pretty nice tonight and the setlist was pretty much the same as what Matt posted in the Bloomington thread... wish I coulda made that show Matt... Bluebird will always be a fav...

JJ was really "ON" tonight! Definitely feelin good... loose and tight at the same time if that makes sense? Horns are in my opinion still sharpening up but certainly sound great even minus the sax. Really dig two trumpets! 

Almost a 20 minute version of HoCake and like Matt said... the whole intro arrangement was like a 7 minute groove leading into the song, was killer!! This band is locked up very tight! Also the lead in arrangement for Lochloosa was a sweet swampy few minute chunk of niceness! 

Great show tonight! Took my Ma to her 3rd... she can't get enough. Was happy to see them playing in St. Andrews Hall again. JJ always shows much love to us here in Detroit. 

Hope all's well with y'all!

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey modifab, were you in the balcony with a couple of young kids tonight? I think i was in front of you!

Listen, if there is a Detroit Chapter for Mofro I want to be a part of that! I've been following those guys for 15 years and never miss a show. I drove to grand rapids to see them the last time. Tonight was unbelievable, I'm hoarse from singing and sore from dancing!

So do you work on setting up local acts at St Andrews or something?

I'm just curious, what a great job if so.

I always buy extra tickets and give them away when they come to town, tonight I gave the two tickets to a couple of strangers at sweetwater.

Anyway I'm still awake at 2:30am after that amazing performance, I already wish they were here again!

TK
modifab

Reply with quote  #4 
Hey TK! Cool man, anutha Fronie from Motown on here! I haven't checked in in quite some time cuz well... I'm a shithead like that. My apologies Sunshine...

Nope wasn't me... I was up top indeed, left of stage near the front and was with 6 grown folks... although they'd pass for adolescents haha! My muddah included...

The reference to a Detroit chapter I just thought was funny but no... I mean sure... I guess, but it's not official. From my past I had old friends that I'd turned on to M*O*F*R*O years back. I've since whittled my group of friends down significantly but I run into the goons at the shows in town here. 

Wow 15 years? I discovered em in 2002 when the came thru with Robert Randolph And The Family Band at The Magic Bag. Been my all time fav since... no explanation needed there of course...

Nope nothin to do with St. Andrews man. Just a favorite old haunt of mine as a teenager seeing shows. Was just glad to see them there again as opposed to The Magic Bag. Neither place operates very well but The Bag has swirled the drain IMO concerning the staff and badly overselling. 

Yeah I bought 8 tix for this show and like you always make a point to get someone new in the room. I treated 6 people and 1 was a 1st timer... 

And I echo your sentiment about already wishing they were here agian... back in '04 I had that jones so bad walkin outta The Magic Bag and that's when the proverbial "light bulb" went off... I said to my self... "SELF!!" Where are they playin tomorrow night? They can't get all too far in one day right? Ended up in Newport Kentucky the next night! Ever since then I've been traveling regionally and once in a while even further, as much as time and expense has permitted, to see these guys mix it up in other intimate rooms cuz to me, that's just good clean livin I tell ya! I've met some of the coolest folks around too from this here place called the Front Porch and well... one real funny lookin one. (You know who you are) 

Hey come to think of it... you didn't used to work at Wheel To Wheel did ya? Way back then I would run into a real quiet guy from the paint shop there at those early shows like at Smalls in Hamtramck. His name was Tom if I remember correctly but he never seemed as outgoing as you. Hell we worked together and never really talked much and even at the shows he only ever nodded at me... perhaps I'm one of the funny lookin ones... hmmmph... naaahh... can't be. 

Sorry Sunny... this thread may quite well have been jacked by Motown! [tongue]

Anyway TK... I'll check back. Shoot me a PM and let's get together some time. Rock the hut some...

Ciao y'all

Reply with quote  #5 
Hey Modifab!! [wave]
Hijack away!!  just glad to see ya on the board.  Hope awl is well with you [biggrin]

Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #6 
What's up ModiFab !!![cool]

Reply with quote  #7 
Clay, I think Modifab gave you a shout out !!

Reply with quote  #8 
Got MOFRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hellooooooooo[wave]

I would much rather "talk" M*O*F*R*O on the Front Porch
sooooo much more than on fb. 
This is where I feel more comfortable:
in my rocking chair,
sippin my special big girl lemonade
feeling that cool November breeze a blowin........

Glad to See all y'awl here!

should would be purty cool if we could have a reunion of sorts on here 

Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #9 
Yes maam, you bring the peanut butter.

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Mofro
Clay, I think Modifab gave you a shout out !!

Mmmmm...no, I'm pretty sure he meant you, dufus.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter