Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #21 

Back in 07 and 08 they did Footsteps/Turpentine a lot. It's a really great song live. Awesome to hear/see it again at the Ritz in Dec.

Speaking of that swampy feel that I miss sometimes too helix if there's a better distinction between Trube's style and Daryl's it's this video. It's just dripping with swamp. Man, listen to Daryl on this!

I'm not sure if it's been posted before. It showed up on Vimeo 3 days ago. It's from Brunos in SF but I don't see a date anywhere for when it was taken but it's OLD.

It's just as powerful and moving as now but sure different. One thing you can tell is how JJ's voice has matured and become so much richer now than when he was younger. In addition to honing his guitar skills I think he's spent a lot of work on his voice too.

Mofro- "Lachloosa", Live in SF from velvy appleton on Vimeo.

helix77

Reply with quote  #22 

Ya, that's that swampy thang. It's that less is more scenario, where Daryl throws those little expressions in there and it's like spice. The music wouldn't taste the same without it. It's paints the scenery, it makes you imagine where the song is taking place. I guess that's the best way I can describe what it does for me. 

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #23 

Wasn't there a live video of Lochloosa on the original Enhanced CD album of Lochloosa?  The one from Fog City Records, not the reissue from Alligator.  For some reason, I thought this video is the one that was on there.  Will have to look at it again when I get home.  I don't think the Alligator reissue had it on there, but could be wrong.  I know the Ho Cake video is on Blackwater, again not sure about the Alligator reissue... 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
helix77

Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

Wasn't there a live video of Lochloosa on the original Enhanced CD album of Lochloosa?  The one from Fog City Records, not the reissue from Alligator.  For some reason, I thought this video is the one that was on there.  Will have to look at it again when I get home.  I don't think the Alligator reissue had it on there, but could be wrong.  I know the Ho Cake video is on Blackwater, again not sure about the Alligator reissue... 

I think you're right, I know I've seen it before.

Admin
Reply with quote  #25 

I've been searching around for everywhere I can think of and I can't find it anywhere.

tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #26 
Tis true, this video is on my "Lachloosa" cd. I didn't know it was there, but when I popped it into a computer to play it for a friend the video automatically kicked in.
*Papa Mali*

Admin
Reply with quote  #27 

I'm gonna try to steer this thread back, although I'm one of the ones who hijacked it! Anyway...is there a roll call for this show? Craven Moore right? Anybody?

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

I'm gonna try to steer this thread back, although I'm one of the ones who hijacked it! Anyway...is there a roll call for this show? Craven Moore right? Anybody?

Roll call:

Misphotographer
Bad Habit
and all the cute boys we're gonna pick up along the way - I just don't know their names yet
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #29 

Girls just dig that British accent. God knows watch out London.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #30 

London show is now sold out.

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #31 
QUOTE=JTX]There's an older live show I got from lma where jj tears up a solo for blackwater. Wish he would do that on blackwater again, it's so bad ass. Really hope to hear blackwater live some day.

Hey JTX, if you like that solo for Blackwater, check out this video I took from the 2010 show in San Diego.  This was the show where JJ lost his voice and couldn't hit the notes he wanted to, but still played on.  Since he was having voice troubles, he played the guitar the entire night, probably to try and make up for it I assume.  I think it was Adam that was the TM back then who kept coming up to take it from him and he kept saying no, he was going to keep playing it. 

Anyways, he plays a killer solo for Blackwater on it, starting at around the 4:30 mark I think.  I remember video taping it and my jaw literally being on the floor the entire song.  For not having his voice, he put on one hell of a show that night and the Blackwater performance was evidence of that.  Even when JJ was not at his best or not able to be at his best, I still think this was one of the best shows I've ever seen from the guys. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #32 

Borderline in London has released a limited number of tickets to the sold-out show this Saturday.  http://venues.meanfiddler.com/borderline/listings/featured/5365

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter