Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #21 
Ooop...he ain't as old as me. Well, not many folks are. And I'll be kind and won't out them.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Oops, sorry!  I tend to "run my mouth" a bit and meet tons of people.

Who? YOU?? How many times have we met and attended shows together? At least 15, plus the cruise. I've never ever seen you run your mouth a bit. How did I miss that?
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Quote:
Oops, sorry!  I tend to "run my mouth" a bit and meet tons of people.

Who? YOU?? How many times have we met and attended shows together? At least 15, plus the cruise. I've never ever seen you run your mouth a bit. How did I miss that?

Um,  I don't know, maybe you were intoxicated?  Oblivious?  Or maybe you just love me enough to look past that certain quality?    Or perhaps you're just being sarcastic - who knows?   I'm sure lots of people out there think I run my mouth and talk a lot.  In fact, by now probably even JJ would agree - ha ha!  Although, now that I think about it,  he was actually the one doing most of the talking.  I was just a casual observer.   
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #24 
* Sorry, but to be completely honest, London was NOT our favorite city.  Where Unna was the place of "yes", London was definitely the place of "no" - or better yet "hell no!"  This leg of the trip was just Misty and me.  
* We took a bus from the airport, which wasn't too expensive but was long.
* Then we had to walk in the freezing cold rain for what seemed like forever, but we finally made it!  Only to have the dumb bitch at the front desk tell us we couldn't check in until after 3 pm (it was currently round 11 am).  It was beyond frustrating - mostly because they wouldn't even pretend to try to be accommodating.  It was just kind of one thing after another.  Misty and I just plopped our tired, wet asses on the couches in the upscale lobby and made ourselves at home.  We were so tired and delirious that we were laughing hysterically at ourselves and everything for the next few hours.  We had our stuff spread out all over the place, and I had even walked down to the grocery mart and bought sandwiches, chips, candy, etc.  We had our stuff laid out to dry and electronics plugged in to get charged up.  Like I said, we pretty much made ourselves at home  It was all good!
* We decided to take a taxi to the venue, but the driver ended up dropping us off about a block away and pointed us in the general direction (he didn't know exactly where the venue was) - really?
* The stupid ass girl at the ticket window couldn't find my name on the list - and I about had to kill her.  At first she was making it sound like Oh well, can't find your name, guess you're just shit out of luck.  Turns out she was looking on the WRONG list!  It was especially frustrating because while we were dealing with her dumb ass all these people walked past us, and we were afraid we'd lose our coveted spot at this sold-out venue.
* Another long story short, we got our cameras confiscated
* Oh, and the drinks were outrageously expensive (in comparison to everywhere else we'd been).  It turned out to be about $7.75 per beer, and I was ready to get my drink on!  At least it was the last night, so I knew I could spend "all" the rest of my money.
* This was the first show with an opening act - I liked it and had missed not having an opening act at the previous shows.  It was Marcus Bonfanti, and we got to talk with him after the show.  He was really nice - plus he said he wished he had more pretty girls like us in the front row at his other shows because it was usually mostly guys.  I think that's about as close as we ever got to having somebody flirt with us!
* We hung out in the dressing room after the show forever waiting for the class picture, which we finally got  We were willing to wait because we insisted we wanted to have Chris and Aaron in the picture, too!
* Chris finally kissed me!  And hugged me without being forced to  He did actually hug me the night before but only because I went up to him and made him, saying something like, "You have at least give me a hug." - Hey, do what ya gotta do, right?
* Met Jesse Aratow - glad I did, but not my favorite person!  He was a little cocky or something - I don't know.  I guess I was just surprised because he had been so nice in an email he sent me the year before.  I was able to tell him how much I appreciated his response.  He was nice enough to start with, but at the end of the night he ended up making some snide comment that I felt was unnecessary.  I think he was just jealous
* JJ left with some people who I am assuming were his sister-in-law and maybe father-in-law
* Misty and I walked back to the hotel and got quite the eyeful as we walked the streets of London late at night - WOW!!!
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:

Well it seems to be on again, off again ICBC-UK. Date is June 29. Cletus mentioned on another thread that he ordered tix, then got called back a few days later and said the show was off. But donna.slone said it's back on. I also heard something about them being back there in Nov. Anyone up on that?

Appears to be still be off.  Which is too bad, would have been worth investigating a trip.  Looks like they were once listed as part of London/Manchester Blues Fest, which runs 11 nights, June 26- July 6, with up to 3 headliners in separate venues each night, including Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor, Van Morrison, Eric Bibb, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Erykah Badu, Gov't Mule, Brand New Heavies, Tom Jones, Southside Johnny, George Benson, etc etc.  Pretty lofty company.

Admin
Reply with quote  #26 
Well that sucks. Yeah that's lofty company for sure.

Meanwhile, I'm still catching up on Habit's Europe posts...

Hilarious story about the hotel. They probably thought "stupid Americans."
I'da hated to be the girl at the ticket window if she'd have not found your name. She'd probably still be in hospital.
$7.75 a beer!! Makes for a very expensive drunk.
They confiscated your camera? WTF??
And I'm sure Chris kissed you because it was the only way he thought you'd go away.
MistyDHamby

Reply with quote  #27 
Erica, you should quit your job and document things full-time; your account of our trip is better than a journal entry!  Thanks for that...

MH
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISPHOTOGRAPHER
Erica, you should quit your job and document things full-time; your account of our trip is better than a journal entry!  Thanks for that...

MH

I like that idea   Except for the not getting paid part...  I'd have to work on that!

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #29 

Quote:
And I'm sure Chris kissed you because it was the only way he thought you'd go away.

Hey now - be nice!!! (except you may be right)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter