skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.archive.org/details/JJGM2011-04-16.AKG3chl.flac16

JJ Grey & Mofro
04/16/2011
St. Augustine Rhythm and Ribs Festival
St. Augustine, FL

Source: AKG c480b/ck61 (x2, mono, DIN) + AKG c460b/ck62 (x1, mono, AB) > Oade Concert Mod Edirol R-44 (24Bit/48KHz)
Lineage: R-44 > SDHC > Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain, Fades, Resample, MBIT+ Dither) > TLH > FLAC 16 (level 6) > Foobar 2000 (tagging)

Recorded & transferred by Scott Douglas (skot_dee at hotmail dot com)

1. Intro
2. Georgia Warhorse
3. A Woman
4. Beautiful World
5. Dirtfloorcracker
6. War
7. Hide & Seek
8. Brighter Days
9. Country Ghetto
10. Lochloosa
11. WYLF
12. Everything Good is Bad
13. Orange Blossoms
14. Ho Cake
15. The Sweetest Thing
16. Encore Break
17. The Sun is Shining Down
18. On Fire
skotdee

Reply with quote  #2 

As I mentioned over in the roll call thread, the wind definitely screwed with the sound a bit, it gives it that kind of phasey, "in & out" sound, kinda like an old cassette tape that would sound muffled then come back clear again, IDK, hard to explain... But overall I think the sound was pretty good back by the Soundboard and the recording came out great, all things considered. I'm just nitpicking cause thats what I do, you might not even notice at all...

It definitely has that Full Bodied sound I love from an outdoor gig. To quote Luther Campbell (Luke Skywalker from the 2 live crew for those not in the know, who by the way is currently running for Mayor of Miami! But thats another story)

"If you can't take the bass take your dead ass home"

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #3 

skotdee, you truly are the BEST!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #4 
Scott, you da man.    Keep nitpicking - it's why your recordings come out great.
modifab

Reply with quote  #5 

Thank ya kindly skotdee!! Cheers to ya!

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaDave
Scott, you da man.    Keep nitpicking - it's why your recordings come out great.

Thanks Dave! From one perfectionist to another

Oh and y'all too giggs & modifab, hope ya like it... Love your sig btw modi, the clav is one of my all time faves
modifab

Reply with quote  #7 
Yezzirrr on the Clav! You're prolly well aware, but I recently heard that on a recording of Frog Giggin at The 10,000 Lakes Festival, 7-24-2005.

JJ wraps it up by tellin the crowd. "So if anyone ever asks... the Clavinet was invented by the frog."

He makes that fucker sound just like a bullfrog belchin in the mud I swear!

http://www.archive.org/details/mofro2005-07-24.mbho.flac16

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Scott! The 10 minute version of Lochloosa was awesome and the sound was excellent throughout.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #9 

Yeah for our taper Skotdee!!  You and Dave captured my amazing day in St. Augustine perfectly!!  I am gonna order a slew of photos that Dave took soon.  I cain't beleive that this recording does not reflect the hurricane winds that kept awl of our hair-dos flapping all around, lol!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #10 

Was lookin fer a live Warhorse on the other thread, and I thought to myself, self, where can I get my live Warhorse, and I thought to myself, self, ScottD. St Augie, gots to re live that night!!!!................................BUMP.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter