Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

I can get on the website, but when I choose a show (a JJ Grey & Mofro show of course) I get the message that the website has caused internet explorer to shut down and it can not recover after atempting to recover.  anyone else having this problem?

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
I just checked and working on my end. I thought maybe they went dark because of today's protest but they're not. Very cool, they've changed things up. And you can now embed a player with an entire show although at the moment I can't get it to work properly. It's in a beta stage so it may be on their end. They literally rolled out the changes in the last week apparently.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #3 

I think the problems you are having Sunshine are due to what MF1 just said.  They are changing up their website and in doing so, there will be some problems until they finalize everything.  Probably just have to be patient and keep trying, once it's fixed, you should be good to go. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 

yep, there is a protest page up there now. 

I think we all need to protest this as youtube is effected as well.

gotta keep the venues open to share the Mofro.

Thanks for your input guys!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

It's a big deal for sure and would impact sites like ours. I gave a little consideration of going dark today but decided not to. Not because I don't agree with what the others are doing.

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #6 
this is because of the #sopa and #pipa bills. 

information black out

get with it.

black out this site for the day clay.

im down with it
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 
I understand what it's all about and agree with it wholeheartedly. The problem here is 2-fold. There are 2 different websites here, the forum and the main site. The forum provider is totally different and I have limited control. The dashboard does not allow me to "black out" the site or take it down. I can do that by contacting support. They are in India and typically respond in 12 hours (because of the time difference.) I'm late to the party.

I have much more control over the main site. And I could do it but once again there's not a plug to pull. In addition to creating a new home page I'd have to create temp pages for all the other ones. If I'd have given more thought to it a few days ago I could've done. But it's easily 3-4 hours work and I've got work deadlines to fill.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

I could kill the DNS; I don't think would take much. But people wouldn't get a blacked out page, they'd get a 404 or site cannot be found sort of thing.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter