Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #21 

But if'n it makes you feel better you can tell her how to do it in your own words. Lord help me I wouldn't want to deny you that!!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

But if'n it makes you feel better you can tell her how to do it in your own words. Lord help me I wouldn't want to deny you that!!

no sirrreeee, you did just fine!! 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
little flower

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Hey little flower...up in the right corner of their post click on the little angled pencil looking thing and then it will show up in the post you want to make.

Ok I am trying it. Thanks for your help!

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #24 
LF,

Hello.

What,  what are all of y'all looking at....can't a guy be short and to the point ?
little flower

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
LF,

Hello.

What,  what are all of y'all looking at....can't a guy be short and to the point ?
Short and sweet! Hello, Richard.

Admin
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower

Thanks MofroFan1, and yes from previous posts I can tell u guys like to rib each other.  Ok, I have a question, any particular reason why they don't perform Goodbye or Lazy Fo' Acre very often?  There may be others but those are the two I've looked for and not found much of. Thanks!

Looks like we dun neglected to answer your question. JJ has said in articles and to some people that have talked to him before or after shows and stuff that some of the old stuff will be coming back soon. Actually he's been saying that a while but I think things are finally coming together to make it work.

He has said there are a couple of reasons as to why a lot of the older songs haven't made setlists. One is new band members and the other is the new album(s) and they kinda go hand in hand. Foist, he said for the first year after a new record their show setlists will be about half or more of songs from it. Then when you add in standards that people really want and expect to hear--Lochloosa, Brighter Days, Ho Cake, Country Ghetto, Orange Blossoms, Jookhouse, Junior, etc--and there's not a lot of room for some of the old older songs.

He's also talked about that because of change-ups with the band it's been a little more challenging for everyone to have time to learn the older stuff, mainly because of the above...they've been more focused on getting the other stuff down.

Part of the problem, he said, is that there's never any time to practice. The only time is at sound check and their time is limited plus a lot of times the places are open for business and there are people in there and kind of tough to have actual practice sessions.

Now that GW has been out for a year in couple more months he said they'll be changing up the setlists more. I wish I could remember exactly what he told me at Windjammer but in essence what he said was that the guys he's got are real pros. While they're on the road he can go over the basics of a song with them and when they go on break they can all practice up their parts. He said that they're such pros and so good that they can do it that way and then fine tune things when they have sound checks and then start to bring them onto the setlist a little at a time.

It'll start happening soon. It's been a long time since some songs have been played. At his solo gigs at Bamboo Room each nite he had lyric sheets with him for 2-3 songs. That shows how long it's been!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
LF,

Hello.

Okay who is this and what did you do with Richard?
little flower

Reply with quote  #28 

Ok, great answer. thanks. makes complete sense. I'm perfectly happy with whatever they want to give us. They are ALL great!

Reply with quote  #29 
OK, this is Little Flower's "Crazy Cousin". She failed to mention my craziness got her outside to meet JJ in Nashville & took her picture with him. My craziness also got us front row & center in Chattanooga!!! Oh, and most importantly, I turned her on to JJ!!!! Love you Little Flower. From your crazy cousin, who will I assure you, get you front row again in Lexington! xoxo
The 17th is your birthday???  That giggles' birthday, too!!!  I will be at the Chattanooga show though I think it's gonna be a crowded one.  Not sure how in the world we'd find each other.  Are you going to the Atlanta show the next day - on the 18th?  'Cause that's MY birthday!  

Yes the 17th is my bday!! and unfortunately, we won't be making it to Atlanta. Only able to leave my two youngins' for one night. I am going 2 try my best to be up front. I will be with my hubs and crazy cousin.    Isn't JJ the best way to celebrate our bdays?!?!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nail
OK, this is Little Flower's "Crazy Cousin". She failed to mention my craziness got her outside to meet JJ in Nashville & took her picture with him. My craziness also got us front row & center in Chattanooga!!! Oh, and most importantly, I turned her on to JJ!!!! Love you Little Flower. From your crazy cousin, who will I assure you, get you front row again in Lexington! xoxo
The 17th is your birthday???  That giggles' birthday, too!!!  I will be at the Chattanooga show though I think it's gonna be a crowded one.  Not sure how in the world we'd find each other.  Are you going to the Atlanta show the next day - on the 18th?  'Cause that's MY birthday!  

Yes the 17th is my bday!! and unfortunately, we won't be making it to Atlanta. Only able to leave my two youngins' for one night. I am going 2 try my best to be up front. I will be with my hubs and crazy cousin.    Isn't JJ the best way to celebrate our bdays?!?!

you crazy cuzins should meet me down in front of the Handlebar show 6/29!! Bad Habit and Briggz will be there.  I am sure harp20, Lochloosa and wife, The "other Karla" and her hubby should be there too!!

little flower

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Quote:

you crazy cuzins should meet me down in front of the Handlebar show 6/29!! Bad Habit and Briggz will be there.  I am sure harp20, Lochloosa and wife, The "other Karla" and her hubby should be there too!!

Oh how I would love to Sunshine, but can only have one night away at a time with two little ones! Gonna hit Lexington the next night though!

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Oh how I would love to Sunshine, but can only have one night away at a time with two little ones! Gonna hit Lexington the next night though!

I know how that is little flower, I completely understand.  there will be a show that our paths will cross!!

3nail

Reply with quote  #33 

Oh how I would love to come to the Handlebar. Oh how I would love to go to every show! If I weren't married with a child, I'd be a total groupie.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:

Oh how I would love to come to the Handlebar. Oh how I would love to go to every show! If I weren't married with a child, I'd be a total groupie.

yep me too!! would love to be a groupie, lol. but I am awlays trying to find a way ...... like having our family spring break vacation start in St. Augustine this past April where it just so happened that Our Boys were playing the Rhythm n RibsFest, how convienent or suggesting we go to Florida for our anniverary, just the two of us, and lookie who is playing at Skippers at that time - Mofro. And when Gregg's Dad lived in Nashville, yep you guessed it, "hey Punkin, doncha think it is time to visit your Dad next month"  haha and they watch the kids while we hit the Exit/In to see Mofro.  And now I have a buddy that I will buy his ticket and he will drive, like to the Handlebar next week!!  Gregg is not as devoted as I, but he loves em.  just get those wheels a turning and you will be amazed

3nail

Reply with quote  #35 

Well my husband is who turned me on to JJ, which is very ironic because I am the music nut in the relationship. Thank goodness he wanted to see Shooter Jennings, or we wouldn't have seen JJ open for him. I was hooked instantly and play JJ for every friend I have who will listen. My 1st time was in the Fall of 2009. I have now seen him 4 times and will again on the 30th in Lexington. My husband loves JJ as much as me, which is very nice since I usually have to drag hom to concerts with me. He's the 1st artist that we love equally. I did have to leave him behind for the Chattanooga show & make the 10 hour round trip by myself because his mom was here visiting. The choice wasn't hard for me...mother-in-law or JJ!!!!!!!!!!! I am very good at planning things around concerts. I had to laugh out loud at your post because I am the SAME WAY about scheduling things around my music. Now I have my cousin "Little Flower" & her husband hooked on JJ, so I have some partners in crime. It is so nice to be on the forum after having been a fan since '09 & share stories with true fans. I know many of you have been loyal since the beginning, but I absolutely love JJ Grey & Mofro as much as I've ever loved any artist, and that's saying a lot because I am a true lover of music and have been to well over 200 concerts in my day. Y'all rock! I have found a home on here and look forward to meeting some of you.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:

Well my husband is who turned me on to JJ, which is very ironic because I am the music nut in the relationship. Thank goodness he wanted to see Shooter Jennings, or we wouldn't have seen JJ open for him. I was hooked instantly and play JJ for every friend I have who will listen. My 1st time was in the Fall of 2009. I have now seen him 4 times and will again on the 30th in Lexington. My husband loves JJ as much as me, which is very nice since I usually have to drag hom to concerts with me. He's the 1st artist that we love equally. I did have to leave him behind for the Chattanooga show & make the 10 hour round trip by myself because his mom was here visiting. The choice wasn't hard for me...mother-in-law or JJ!!!!!!!!!!! I am very good at planning things around concerts. I had to laugh out loud at your post because I am the SAME WAY about scheduling things around my music. Now I have my cousin "Little Flower" & her husband hooked on JJ, so I have some partners in crime. It is so nice to be on the forum after having been a fan since '09 & share stories with true fans. I know many of you have been loyal since the beginning, but I absolutely love JJ Grey & Mofro as much as I've ever loved any artist, and that's saying a lot because I am a true lover of music and have been to well over 200 concerts in my day. Y'all rock! I have found a home on here and look forward to meeting some of you.

how awesome are you!!  I just love this place!  I sure wish I was like skotdee, uhollis, swkelly, and any one I am missing (sorry) that have been around from the very beginning. I have been a devoute follower since September of 2006.  As a matter of fact, the very first time I saw them at the Orange Peel in '06, our mofrofan1 and TW were there, but that was before I knew of this wonderful Mofro Haven, or Heaven!! 

princessrayray

Reply with quote  #37 
3nail, you've only seen him 4 times since 2009?  I should count myself extremely lucky to have been able to see them 3 times this year! I was hooked after the first show and can't get enough!  I wanted to make the trip to Nashville, but financially it just didn't work out.  I guess we could've made the trip to Chattanooga Fri night, but that seemed silly since we were going Saturday to see him in Atlanta.    I'm already plotting for when the next show will be...and just how far I'm going to have to drive to see them!  I'd LOVE to go back to the Handlebar but there's no way I can make that mid-week concert and survive at work the rest of the week.  I'm sure they'll be back around here sometime soon though...

♪♫ I just want to feel like I do when I'm with you, It's a beautiful world.
The darkness, it ain't so deep, So I reach and I reach and I reach, Higher, Set me free ♫♪
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessrayray
I guess we could've made the trip to Chattanooga Fri night, but that seemed silly since we were going Saturday to see him in Atlanta.

Oops, silly me!!!  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter