Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 15 of 15     «   Prev   12   13   14   15
little flower

Reply with quote  #281 

Great pics everyone   I have really enjoyed them, but MofroFan1 what has caused the creek and lake to become so low? It's sad to me to think JJ enjoyed them his whole life and that now they are drying up.

Reply with quote  #282 
A friend of mine posted this on her FB page today. Great backstory. Wish I could have made it..
Mid song, during Brighter Days. The church of J.J. Grey at the rythym and ribs festival a couple weekends ago:

“This song is about the St. Johns river in a roundabout way. When I was a youngin my next door neighbors inherited a little place, temporarily, on the St. Johns River between the old Green Cove Springs Bridge and the new Shands Bridge on the Switzerland, Orangedale side of the river. Back then, that was like… well that was a long time ago. I ain’t going to tell you how long. That was like jungle down there back then. They had about a 200 foot dock and we kids we would run wild through the woods in the summer and play down there when we got to go down there on the weekends. We would collect bottles and hit the store for a drink, a cold drink. We would skinny dip in the river, net for mullet, and catch red bass when the time was right, when they came up in you know.

Every minute, every second was li ke the greatest day of your life, the greatest second of your life. You know when you are a kid it don’t matter what it is like, it's just wonderful. Well, one day I was sitting and thinking about it. Where did that feeling go? What happened to it? What is the difference between me now and me when I was a kid when it was wonderful? And I got mad when I thought about it. I thought the world changed, that’s what happened. The world changed and became this bad place. You know I looked at the news and the news is just ready to tell you how bad the world is man. And I believed it is the problem.

But then life comes along. You know your parents try to teach you right your whole life and then they finally give up. And then you get a new ass whoopin instructor called life. And it come along and it showed me something. I got kicked… Boop… and I got kicked so hard I woke up. And when I woke up I realized nobody took nothing from me, I gave it all away man. I realized there wasn’t nothing wrong with the world, everything was wrong with me. And just like that man, I got my magic back. Just like that my mojo came back. Just like that! Every day is the greatest day of my life, every second. Glory baby!”

Brighter Days - J.J. Grey

lazyep

Reply with quote  #283 
Frustrated with struggles I wandered over here looking for a bit of front porch soul and Ed, you just gave me everything I needed to be reminded of. Thanks for sharing and making my evening.
ed

Reply with quote  #284 
Quote:
Frustrated with struggles I wandered over here looking for a bit of front porch soul and Ed, you just gave me everything I needed to be reminded of. Thanks for sharing and making my evening.

Now you just made my evening!
meandmyfriend

Reply with quote  #285 
I think we all need to sit back and reevaluate what we have changed in our lives for us to not be as carefree as we were before life gave us that whoopin..thank you jj for getting me back to my brighter days..and thanks ed
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #286 

Way cool. Thanks for sharing ed. Words to live by. And from you too meandmyfriend.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #287 
Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower

Great pics everyone   I have really enjoyed them, but MofroFan1 what has caused the creek and lake to become so low? It's sad to me to think JJ enjoyed them his whole life and that now they are drying up.

It's a combination of things. Over the years/decades the water levels have gone down due to water diversion upstream and down, development not really there but elsewhere in that part of the state that's affected it, lousy environmental laws, any number of man-made causes. It's kind of like more water flows out of the system at one end slower than it comes in the other. And I don't think it's spring fed so that doesn't help.

That's not the sole reason for the problem right now which is lack of rain. It's going to take a few months of a lot of rain to get the levels back up. A tropical system parked over that part of the state would do wonders in that regard. I'm sure it's not at record lows though. We had a drought in the late 90s and  imagine that was probably real bad.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #288 

Great shot of the little boy. He was so cute. Seems like he knew the words to some of the songs.  I was 10-15 feet to the right and saw him up on someone's shoulders having a blast and when JJ gave him his pick his eyes lit up bright as headlights.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #289 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Great shot of the little boy. He was so cute. Seems like he knew the words to some of the songs.  I was 10-15 feet to the right and saw him up on someone's shoulders having a blast and when JJ gave him his pick his eyes lit up bright as headlights.

Them was my shoulders!  Poor kid, probably still couldn't see much - not like I'm all that tall or anything  When he was first "crowd-surfed" to us, bobbyw24's wife and I were just kind of holding him up (like he was sitting in our hands) while his feet rested on the stage.  Though he don't weigh much, he did get a bit heavy at that time.  He gave his shout out to JJ, got his prized pick, then headed back to his mama (meandmyfriend).  A few minutes later I asked her if she thought he'd be willing to sit on my shoulders (wasn't sure since he had no clue who I was) and she passed him back up my way.  Sure enough, he was fine!  He held tight to that pick and sat on my shoulders for a good amount of time.  Every once in a while I'd ask him if he was OK, and he'd just kind of look at me with those big bright eyes and smile then look at the stage/guys and smile.  I think he thoroughly enjoyed it!!!
meandmyfriend

Reply with quote  #290 
mofrofan1 not sure if you remember but when I first logged on here I told you my little boy couldn't wait to go to a "beautiful world" concert. well he did and had the time of his life . I've only been a fan for about a year and love my new family see yall In t-4 days
kingcracker

Reply with quote  #291 
Just sittin here, lookin at all the pics, readin all the posts..........man, all ya'll are just friggin awesome!
meandmyfriend

Reply with quote  #292 
ps mofrofan1 on that georgia warhorse st augustine recording at 6 minutes n 20 seconds you got that little boy on video
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #293 

ed, thanks for coming on and sharing JJ's meaning behind Brighter Days.  I try hard every day to feel like that.  If I am feeling down, or frustrated I just think to myself:

what would JJ dew?  and it pulls me right outta my funk!  I really don't think he realizes what an impact he has on the folks around him.

meandmyfriend!! whoo hooo, I get  to meet you on Sunday, super excited to be hangning with my gals; you, Misty, Littleflower, Bad Habit, My Siter .... who am I forgetting??

Bummer TN Cracka   you won't be there, maybe I will have a better chance of catching anything thrown my way now, haha!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #294 
I noticed on another thread that his name is Trenton, now I don't have to call him that little boy anymore! I remember now that you refreshed me about your earlier post. I think you need to get him registered to the site and give him a screen name. Then when he's old enough he'll be good to go!

I forgot I swung around and caught him during the video. Too bad he was on Bad Habit's shoulders, didn't help much.
meandmyfriend

Reply with quote  #295 
what's funny is at that time he was on my shoulder I guess I'm not to tall either see you sunday???
RiverRat5150

Reply with quote  #296 
Wow.  Brighter Days story.   Deep.  
home2

Reply with quote  #297 
Just wanted to post these... here is a view from "behind the scenes" and our 11 year old took the other pictures ...he loved the show!

Attached Images
Name: Max_&_Mofro_backstage.jpg, Views: 16, Size: 213.59 KB

Name: Rhythm&Ribs2012a.jpg, Views: 12, Size: 3.93 MB

Name: Rhythm&Ribs2012b.jpg, Views: 11, Size: 1.38 MB

Name: Rhythm&Ribs2012c.jpg, Views: 10, Size: 4.27 MB

Name: Rhythm&Ribs2012d.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 2.85 MB

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #298 
Thanks for posting the pics, Home2.  I love the first one.  It was nice to meet
you last night at HOB.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter