Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Before the show at Emerson Theatre on 7/8 the band's going to be doing a charity event.  Tickets
http://mofro.baselineticketing.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=69971&eid=79143

Attached Images
Name: JJ_Back_alley_block_partyA.jpg, Views: 89, Size: 174.36 KB

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

THIS IS NOW A FULL BAND SHOW!

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #3 

(If I were wont to insert smiley-face thingumajigs, I'd insert a frowny one here)

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but I'd really been looking forward to a solo accoustic set and a chance to hear some things we don't normally get to hear around here, where there is no Bamboo Room, no ...

Maybe they'll pull out some material not typically done in the full band shows.  Either way, it will be a most excellent day.

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

Well somebody was listening cuz I just heard this is back to a solo show.

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Well somebody was listening cuz I just heard this is back to a solo show.

(If I were wont to insert smiley-face thingumajigs, I'd insert double dark green ecstatic ones here)

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

I can relate to that.

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #7 
The promoter notified me last night that the VIP accoustic street party has been scrapped due to lack of sponsorship and interest.  Aw heck.

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
What a shame. I guess it's a little pricey. I don't know anything about Headwaters Academy, I'm sure it's very worthy, but I think in this day and time that $66 is a bit steep, much less $100 at the door. Of course that's my opinion. I could be wrong. I can't remember last time I was but I'm sure it's happened.
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #9 
Yeah, very well could be.  I think there are several monied/celebrity communities in Montana, though none that I know of on a par with Aspen.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I got the impression that the promoter might not have a lot of experience doing events of this magnitude.   In any case, still looking forward to the main event, but definitely won't be moving to Montana soon to be a dental floss tycoon.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter