Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Opengtuning

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I'm a pretty new fan (totally obsessed and loving it) and live in Australia.
I just can't stop listening at the moment.

I see JJ came out to the Australian Byron Bay blues festival.
What year was that and did he do any other side shows in Australia

And is there any other Aussies on the board??

Mitch
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Well alright Mitch!! 

I believe he was there in 2008 at that festival.  You have stumbled on to bestest site out there for pics, reviews, and videos and information as well.  We hare a happy little family here and love to add more and more peeps.

Hi Liz!

By the way,  I love your accent!! 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
I second what the Welcoming Committee said Opengtuning. Glad to have you here. Don't hesitate to shout out if you want to know anything about the band or just to jump in on one of our wacky conversations.

Yep, it was 2008. I don't know if they did any other gigs there or not. Seems like they did but I can't recall. I assume you've gotten the Brighter Days live CD and DVD? It's the closest you'll get to a live show without being there. You'll love the band even more once you've seen them live.

I do believe you're our virgin Aussie! I've seen some lurkers identified as Aussies come through on the stat counter. Quite a few over the years. For that matter we've had lurkers from around the world from down your way including NZ and a few from the middle east and eastern Europe and a bunch throughout western Europe, and growing rapidly since the guys are there. South Am too...Brazil, Costa Rica, Peru. Anyway, as usual I digress. Short answer is we've had folks reading the board from Australia but you're the first to join up!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
I forgot one thing. If you're totally obessed and loving it, you've come to the right place!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

I forgot another thing. The band line-up has changed a lot since then. Other than Art Edmaiston--the sax player--and Dennis Marion--the trumpet player--it's all changed. Well and JJ of course. New drummer, new keyboard player, bass guitar (the former keyboardist played with 3 hands, one of them on keyboard bass), new guitar player. Dennis sat out that trip so they had a sub over there.

Opengtuning

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi guys. Thankyou so much for all the info.
I somehow got a copy of orange blossoms a few years ago and loved it
And recently thought 'hey I got to get back into that album and get more of that stuff'
I bought the new live CD and it blew me away. I've got all my Band mates listening to it and my wife loves it too. We sit out in our backyard, crack a beer and turn it right up. I love listening to the intro to Lochloosa.

So 2008 he was here....well he must be due back? Bluesfest should try to get his new band over here next year for sure!

I need to get some DVDs.

I'm actually thinking of forming a band that plays this kind of music and I want to cover a few (a heap) of JJ's songs. I reckon Aussies would love it

Thanks for the welcome.
Much appreciated.

Mitch
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 

Morning Mitch!  Here is a link to one of our threads of how to get free DVDs video taped (with permission) from a long time 'Fro fan, our very own Skotdee.  His work is awesome, especially the DVD of JJ's Blackwater Sol Revue!  check it out:

http://forums.mofrofans.com/post/FREE-JJ-GREY-amp-MOFRO-DVDs-4816980

Have a beautiful day!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter