Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=255253564526772

So I see the above posted on facebook regarding JJ's solo show with Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi (sorry, Tedeschi Trucks Band - can't get used to the new name!) and I just wanted to say to the powers that be...  that I would LOVE to see the same thing (JJ, Derek, & Susan) a little closer to home... say Jacksonville maybe?

In fact, as I already mentioned to Todd & Brooke, I think JJ should go to Derek & Susan's show at the Florida Theatre on December 28th and Derek & Susan should go to JJ's show on December 29th  (and when I say "go to the show" I mean it would ideally be "sit in on a song or two")
gracyjj

Reply with quote  #2 
Yes!!!  Someone say something about something! I would not object to this happening.

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Something!

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Something!

RFR told me something about being able to pay $10 and stream this show live.  He said it doesn't include JJ's opener from what he understands, but who knows maybe JJ will come out and play with them.  We are wanting to go see the tedeschi/trucks band, but just haven't been able to make it work so far.  Their CD is amazing!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 
Now here's saying sumthin about sumthin! Just found out JJ's solo show in Denver on the 17th is gonna be webcast live on iClips. I don't have much for details. If you go to the link below it's the TTB page on iclips. Roy was dead on...you have to buy the webcast: 9.95 now or 14.95 DOS (it's archived for a week after.) I guess if you buy that it'll include JJ's show. Hopefully we'll hear more soon. Meanwhile thanks to redfishroy and mom for scooping this! I do have to get their CD too.
http://www.iclips.net/watch/tedeschi-trucks-band-fillmore-package
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #6 

There is no mention of JJ being part of the Iclips deal.  Bought in tonight and will see if JJ sits in with them for a song.  Your purchase allows you to watch it live or once archived, for the following week.

Got to get audio cord to connect laptop to tv for the total experience. Got the video cable. 

FYI-MF1 you mentioned Ted Pechio the other day...he has partial song writing credit on one song of Tedechi-Trucks album.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 
Cool roy. I tried a couple times to find out if JJ's show is included but never got any answers. Hopefully he's on there. Should be sweet.

That's great about Ted. Yeah you know we talk about Todd's chops a lot and cuz Ted wasn't with the band long he don't get no respect. He's an awesome bassist. I had no idea he was also a writer. That's great (and he can make money off songs!)
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #8 
Derek and Susan's account just tweeted that the show and webcast kicks off with a solo opening set by our friend and neighbor, JJ Grey. 

That sounds to me like JJ's set will be webcast as well from that statement...

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #9 

Iclips will NOW be broadcasting tonights show INCLUDING JJ's set. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 

YES! Thank ya Roy.

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #11 

So much for watching it on the big screen, didn't have enough buffering on the wieless which then required aspirin for my headache, back to the desktop and out to buy 600' of ethernet!  JJ played a new song, I'll don't remember what as I was battling tech issues and refilling my beverage

, he played 45 minute set...songs I got were H&S, Ho Cake, SH&S, Lochaloosa...MLM will have to chime in with the rest.....MF1 did you get in...if not, it's archived 11/21 to maybe 11/28?

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfisherroy
So much for watching it on the big screen, didn't have enough buffering on the wieless which then required aspirin for my headache, back to the desktop and out to buy 600' of ethernet!  JJ played a new song, I'll don't remember what as I was battling tech issues and refilling my beverage
, he played 45 minute set...songs I got were H&S, Ho Cake, SH&S, Lochaloosa...MLM will have to chime in with the rest.....MF1 did you get in...if not, it's archived 11/21 to maybe 11/28?

New song?  We need to get to work on figuring out what it was!

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Quote:

New song?  We need to get to work on figuring out what it was!

was just thinking the same thing - would love to hear it!
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #14 

Don't spin your wheels on the new song, it has no title at this point.  It's about a neighbor in Fla.

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #15 
Question:

Can you still purchase access to this show even though it has passed and just watch it on the archive or did you have to purchase it before the show actually happened?

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #16 
DT..my understanding is you can still purchase and watch from archive and I got an e-mail today from Tedeschi-Trucks that archive has been extended from now to this Friday until Sunday. The only advantage to having bought it before the show was a $5 break.

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:
DT..my understanding is you can still purchase and watch from archive and I got an e-mail today from Tedeschi-Trucks that archive has been extended from now to this Friday until Sunday. The only advantage to having bought it before the show was a $5 break.

Thanks Roy...  Have you watched the archived show already?  It has JJ's set in there as well? 

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #18 

It's suppose to be, I'll watch tomorrow and confirm.

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #19 

jj's portion is not archived DT

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
jj's portion is not archived DT

Shoot...  Thanks Roy for looking into it and letting me know.  Appreciate it.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter