Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
kokopelli92

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks so much everyone....... the music is very healing and so is being able to talk about it.  It's so special that I can feel safe in coming here to talk to such wonderful people.  I miss Jayden so very much and my heart is just broken but I also know he is not sick...... his little body is healthy and he is happy and waiting to see us again.

Bless your hearts for letting me share....... I couldn't even listen to music for a while and after last night...... I feel like I can't turn it off.  JJ's voice is soothing and the music is helping to heal my soul.

Thanks again....... you guys are wonderful.

Koko...... xoxoxo

Reply with quote  #22 
Koko - I'm so sorry to hear of you and your friend's loss. He was beautiful little boy, and I'm sure he touched everyone around him in his short time here. Angels always do...
You're in my prayers, and I'm sending out a big virtual hug for you too!
And yes... JJ's music has been there for the good times, but also gets us through the bad times as well. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed, and had happen to myself as well. We all have! Welcome home

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #23 

So sorry to hear of you and your friends loss (what a sweet looking little man), I can only imagine how tough it is to lose one's child.....I know it would tear me apart if anything happened to one of mine.  Music is a wonderful and amazing thing....it can make us laugh, it can make us cry, it can heal, it can do so many things. Just know that we are all sending out healing vibes and prayers and the BIGGEST GROUP HUG possible.

Reply with quote  #24 
I have to tell you that I'm certainly receiving those healing vibes and virtual hugs....... truly feeling the love and support from such warm and caring folks..... that I've never met!  That's the part that blows me away. When I was finally ready to tell the story and reach out for comfort......it was here that I came... to people that I've never met in person but in my heart I knew it was where I needed to go.  It all goes back to the music........ it makes sense to me to want to seek comfort from those I share such a personal bond with.....that being JJ's music.  It's spiritual, soulful, honest and healing...... just like all of you.

Thanks for welcoming me back "home" and warming my heart with your messages...... the music is once again playing and although I don't think my heart will ever heal from losing Jayden at least I know it's still capable of feeling............. Love and hugs to all.

Koko ...... xoxoxoxo

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #25 

we sure did miss your energetic positive vibe around here,

glad you are back

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #26 
Hey there Koko,
     It is hard to know what to say.  I just listened to I Believe In Everything
and just had to say something.  As I listened, you, Karen and Jayden came
to mind.  My heart just aches for all of you.  Healing will come in time but
I can't even imagine the heartache you both feel.  Please know that others
are thinking of you and praying for you and that this precious little boy is
in the arms of Jesus.  

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli92
Koko....... minus the typsy dancing Wookie...

Sending hugs your way and hope you soon feel like dancin' again
kokopelli92

Reply with quote  #28 
Wow...... Thank you Brighter Day, Sunny and Bad Habit..... (love the names).  @ Brighter Day..... I was listening to "I Believe in Everything" over and over yesterday...... like all of JJ's music, the words are so meaningful.  Sometimes I cried and sometimes I smiled, just like when I look at Jayden's pictures and videos.  I'm understanding a little more everyday about the big lesson's that tiny little boy taught me. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts..... I truly feel the love and comfort just talking about this with my Mofro Family... BIG HUGS to you..... xoxoxoxo

Sunny..... It does feel good to be back and I feel a little piece of my "former self" coming back each day.  I think I'll be able to be that upbeat and positive soul again one day....... my little Guardian Angel will help me..... and so will my Peeps here in Mofroville....... Hugs, Hugs, Hugs........ xoxoxoxo

@ Bad Habit......... first of all I have to acknowledge yet another typo!!  lol... "Tipsy Dancing Wookie" not "Typsy Dancing Wookie"...... the rum really was working.  I'm soooooo looking forward to the day I feel like dancin' again.... it will happen.  Jayden loved to dance with me...... we danced in his hospital room to Princess and the Frog music and yes, at times when he was feeling up to it, we played JJ and the boys and Jayden would get so happy he would try to stand on his head.....(he's doing it in the video).  He wouldn't want me to stop dancing........the Wookie may make a comeback someday.....   Hugs and love to you !!  xoxoxoxo

Reply with quote  #29 
Hey Koko, 
     Just checking on you and your dancing wookie - been thinking of you a lot lately and hope you are doing well.   

-Erica
kokopelli92

Reply with quote  #30 

Hello Erica and Everyone!!

I am doing well. I can't say that I don't have my days, but I let myself have them and then move forward. My dear friend Karen and I have been keeping extremely busy. I with my art and Karen is in school to become a Private Investigator. I'm still listening to my music every single day and that of course includes JJ and the band. I can't tell you how healing his music has been, along with the outpouring of support and kind words I received from my Mofro Family!

I still read the threads almost daily and am starting to get back to my "happy go lucky" self. We celebrate Jaydens short but amazing life now instead of staying in the darkness and day by day........ life and light is returning.

Planning to see my very first show in October at the Chateau Morrisette Winery in Virginia !!!! Yayyyy me!!

We had a pool party for some close friends last weekend and the rum and JJ & Mofro were flowing............ and I danced.

Much Love, Peace and Happiness to you all,

Koko ">

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli92

Hello Erica and Everyone!!

I am doing well. I can't say that I don't have my days, but I let myself have them and then move forward. My dear friend Karen and I have been keeping extremely busy. I with my art and Karen is in school to become a Private Investigator. I'm still listening to my music every single day and that of course includes JJ and the band. I can't tell you how healing his music has been, along with the outpouring of support and kind words I received from my Mofro Family!

I still read the threads almost daily and am starting to get back to my "happy go lucky" self. We celebrate Jaydens short but amazing life now instead of staying in the darkness and day by day........ life and light is returning.

Planning to see my very first show in October at the Chateau Morrisette Winery in Virginia !!!! Yayyyy me!!

We had a pool party for some close friends last weekend and the rum and JJ & Mofro were flowing............ and I danced.

Much Love, Peace and Happiness to you all,

Koko ">

Aw, I was scrolling down reading your message and got excited when I saw that you are planning to go to the Chateau Morrisette Winery show.  Then I saw your dancin' man and got a tear in my eye.  Good to see you "back on your feet" - dancing is good for the soul. 

Lazyep and I are going to be at that show (and anyone else who wants to hop in our car and join us) and I'm SO glad I will get to meet you!  And it's your FIRST show?!?!  How exciting  !

I have no idea how we'll find each other at the show.  If only I had a Mofro button... or a lanyard...  or boppers... or something.  
kokopelli92

Reply with quote  #32 

Quote:

Aw, I was scrolling down reading your message and got excited when I saw that you are planning to go to the Chateau Morrisette Winery show.  Then I saw your dancin' man and got a tear in my eye.  Good to see you "back on your feet" - dancing is good for the soul. 

Lazyep and I are going to be at that show (and anyone else who wants to hop in our car and join us) and I'm SO glad I will get to meet you!  And it's your FIRST show?!?!  How exciting  !

I have no idea how we'll find each other at the show.  If only I had a Mofro button... or a lanyard...  or boppers... or something.  

We still have some time to plan and exchange numbers so we can hook up at the show!!  I can't wait to meet you ........ and any other fellow Mofro family members !!  Yes, my first show......FINALLY......and I'm READY!!  We'll have to stay in touch and coordinate for the show. 

You're right........dancing is good for the soul.......it's right up there with JJ's music and the awesome people who love it!  My little Wookie guy is dancing again.......  He dances for Jayden......

Thank you for the love..........xoxoxo

Koko...... and.....
(can't seem to get rid of the box with the red x....... but he still dances!)

Reply with quote  #33 

Morning Koko, so glad you are back.  I am beyond stoked for you going to your 1st show!!  and I have personally taken in a show with Bad Habit and it was awesome, she is a sweet gal.  I look forward to hearing of any shennanigans you gals may get into  and a review of the show, of course!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #34 
Good to hear that things are healing a little. You're still in our thoughts.

The venue on Va sounds like a really great place to see a show. Prepare to be blown away.

I can see why you were having a hard time with the dancing gerbil. It took ME 15 mins to figure out how to fix it and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing! (I don't but I like for people to think I do so shhhhhhh...)
lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #35 

Koko, I know exactly what you mean about the power of the music... my friend was killed last week when the ultralight aircraft she was riding in crashed into the ocean. She was just a couple of weeks shy of her 28th birthday. I'm still reeling, but listening to JJ and the boys really is balm for the soul. I'm hearing the songs in new ways, and am hung up on the line "living life like there's no end in sight," which just describes her free-spirited ways so perfectly to me.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #36 

Oh my goodness lemurgrl. That's so tragic. Our condolences to your and her family.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #37 

so sorry to hear of your loss lemugrl.  Those that new her are in my prayers. 

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #38 

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Keeping your friend & her family in my thoughts and prayers lemgurl.  Big (((HUGS))) coming your way!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #39 

Thanks, y'all. It's been a roller coaster, and it still doesn't feel entirely real... I'm scared of the day when it really finally sinks in. We're working on a Humane Society fundraiser in her memory, so that's at least keeping me busy and my thoughts occupied... hmm, think JJ would come play it? 

3nail

Reply with quote  #40 

HUGS to everyone that's hurting. I know from personal experience, music can and will heal you. It seems like JJ sings straight to us in our time of need. Koko, you're gonna have your socks knocked right off your feet at the show. If you love Mofro now, you are going to be addicted for life after you see them live. They KICK ASS! Enjoy the show & hang in there.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter