Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Looks like ya'll on Jam Cruise will get the treat of seeing JJ play in the Piano Room.  Unplugged. 

The Piano Sets in the Atrium are an intimate chance to witness some great pianists in an unplugged setting. The featured performers this year include:

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #2 
The Piano Sets in the Atrium are an intimate chance to witness some great pianists in an unplugged setting. The feature performers this year are:

JJ Grey
Zach Gill
Nigel Hall
Kyle Hollingsworth
Ivan Neville

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 
now that hurts   I miss that man on the keys ........

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #4 
DT & Sunny, you both NEED to get your asses on that boat!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 
Oh my sweet sweet Giggles ......... how I only wish I could,
you even made it a possibility for me to be on that boat last year,
but work did not cooperate at the last moment.
Like awl thangs I wish for
~ it will happen when it is meant to happen ~
and it will, someday.
I am surprised our dear Mr. Moderator is not aboard again this year ....

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #6 
Wow! This really sweetens the deal, eh?!
Blossom

Reply with quote  #7 
Ahhhhhhh SOOoOo ready to see y'all! Can't even tell ya how excited I am for this!

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Oh my sweet sweet Giggles ......... how I only wish I could,
you even made it a possibility for me to be on that boat last year,
but work did not cooperate at the last moment.
Like awl thangs I wish for
~ it will happen when it is meant to happen ~
and it will, someday.
I am surprised our dear Mr. Moderator is not aboard again this year ....

Yeah, I wish I could make it for Jam Cruise, but there is potentially something happening on Jan. 7th that I cannot miss and that would be the first day out at sea.  I may be in Miami that day anyways, but just not able to set sail.  Next time... 

SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

Yeah, I wish I could make it for Jam Cruise, but there is potentially something happening on Jan. 7th that I cannot miss and that would be the first day out at sea.  I may be in Miami that day anyways, but just not able to set sail.  Next time... 

DT, things are looking pretty good ref a potential something in Miami on Jan 7 though you have a couple of tough weeks coming up - Best of Luck to the Wildcats
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaDave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

DT, things are looking pretty good ref a potential something in Miami on Jan 7 though you have a couple of tough weeks coming up - Best of Luck to the Wildcats

Thanks Dave, and yes, there is still a ways to go.  Your Golden Flashes are looking really good this year as well!  Guess it could be a KSU type of year? 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 

Jam Cruise is giving away a free cabin in a drawing. Gotta hurry, last time to enter is this Fri at midnight.

http://jamcruise.com/2013/giveaway

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #12 

Scheduled JJG&M set times:
4pm-5:30 on Tue, Jan 8
7:30pm-8:15 Wed, Jan 9 (JJ solo piano in the atrium)
9pm-10:30 Thur, Jan 10

Reply with quote  #13 
Damn it! I didn't win the draw for a free cabin so I won't be able to join you all .!!  It looks like it will be an amazing trip, which I'm sure you will all enjoy massively!  I will expect plenty of postings on a regular basis to keep us poor folks at home up to speed on events (Craven Moore - I'm sure we can all depend on you!) 

Seriously - have a ball Y'all

Signed - Officially Jealous of the UK

Reply with quote  #14 
ICBC, haha, may have to wait until we return to shore.  I'm so old school, I don't have a laptop, and rely on hotel business centers for computer access.  Haven't been on a boat before, so I don't even know if they have wifi access.  Bad Habit and MF1 would know a lot more about that stuff than me.

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
ICBC, haha, may have to wait until we return to shore.  I'm so old school, I don't have a laptop, and rely on hotel business centers for computer access.  Haven't been on a boat before, so I don't even know if they have wifi access.  Bad Habit and MF1 would know a lot more about that stuff than me.

Most cruise ships these days have internet "cafes" set up, but they are the slowest computers/access I've ever used.  You'd probably be better off putting a message in a bottle and throwing it overboard.  It'd get to shore sooner than your email.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore

What Indy said, they do have wi-fi access on board, but it is extremely slow and extremely expensive.  Same with your cell phones.  You obviously won't get a signal out at sea, so they have access to it on the boat through their own service.  You get charged for roaming and whatever they charge you to use the service.

You won't be able to post updates or info while you are on the trip and I for one would recommend not even trying.  Not for the reason of cost or wasting time with a slow connection, but for your own enjoyment.  There is going to be so much going on all at once, that the last thing you should worry about is posting a review or update of the shows/events.  You'll have plenty of time afterwards to do so when you are home from the trip and itching to go back on that boat.  The only thing I would worry about is taking a camera if you like to take pictures/videos, your ID/Passport, clothes on your back, and the ability to let your mind wander free from life, stress, work, and your problems the moment you step foot on that boat.  Because for the time you spend on that boat you will be free to live life as it should be lived, pure bliss with alot of great music and friends to share it with. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter