Ybor City
Lochloosa
War
I Believe (Hanna's request sign)
Everything Good is Bad
Slow Hot Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Ho Cake

Fun venue with 25 years of music history. Very small stage but didn't stop the band from belting out a great performance.
kingcracker

Reply with quote  #2 
Whats this "Tic Tac Toe" I see in the setlist? Do tell!
gudi

Reply with quote  #3 

well, didn't i said you will like this place :-)

Hope you could have a look in "Motel California" too !

BTW:  Tic Tac Toe i just posted in Dortmund Thread ;-)

gudi

Reply with quote  #4 

already found a video from Blues Garage  ;-)

gudi

Reply with quote  #5 

and another one ;-)

kingcracker

Reply with quote  #6 
Totally F'in Awesome!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcracker
Whats this "Tic Tac Toe" I see in the setlist? Do tell!

Kingcracker go to the front porch and look for the thread call tic-tac-toe there is a video of there

and also look at the thread that the translator started it has another video of a new song that I can't stop listening to either

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #8 
Hide n' Seek
Tame Wild One
Air
Country Ghetto
Tic Tac Toe
Ybor City
Lochloosa
War
I Believe (Hanna's request sign)
Everything Good is Bad
Slow Hot Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Ho Cake

A very cool blues club in an industrial area.  Guessing the building may have been a truck repair shop or something similar once upon a time.  Very high ceiling with balcony rails/stools and rock/blues memorabilia and posters all over the place.

Stage, however, was pretty cramped, as Gudi's clips show, which kept the guys from straying too far from their marks.  May have resulted in not as many shenanigans in this show.  JJ didn't get back to the keys during Ho Cake, Art didn't have the room to roam as he had other shows.

By the end of the previous night's show in Dortmund, JJ's voice was "all wore out", so he took no chances early in the show, opting not to shout/scream after the final chorus of Hide & Seek.  It did seem his voice did get stronger as the night went on.

Before the show, our small band of merry travellers were deciding what song we would try to request on this, the last show of our run.  Last year, Trampled Rose made a series of signs for Sun is Shining Down which were placed on cocktail tables, prompting JJ to introduce the song as "the coolest request we ever got".  We came up with I Believe or Whitehouse, choosing I Believe as the one JJ might more likely do.   JJ saw the request almost immediately, and at the right opportunity, voila!

Wow, did this string of dates go by quickly!!!

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #9 

Another Tic Tac Toe - as well as video of Craven Moore in the front row enjoying himself.

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #10 
Busted.  So funny you mentioned that.  In between support act and the guys' set, a German man wearing an Orange Blossoms shirt came up to me and asked me if I came to all the Germany shows.  He was in the balcony and said he recognized the back of my head from all the youtube clips. 

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
Busted.  So funny you mentioned that.  In between support act and the guys' set, a German man wearing an Orange Blossoms shirt came up to me and asked me if I came to all the Germany shows.  He was in the balcony and said he recognized the back of my head from all the youtube clips. 

You're a YouTube star!
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #12 
Hey Baddy,

Saw your favorite "undead" fan in Berlin!  But no Walter, it was a different venue. 

And the "wash-up scoreboard" for the 7 hotels:

Showers with tub:  1

Bar soap instead of/with shower gel:  2

Wash cloth:  1 (an American-like Radisson near the arena in Hannover, also the only place that had a little ice dispenser that would give you one ice cube)

Reply with quote  #13 
"also the only place that had a little ice dispenser that would give you one ice cube"

ICE FLASHBACK [nono]

Ice - Would have paid for it…

Beer - No mas Weizen

Food – Embraced it..  Your food does not need to last 365.. Clark Grizwald was wrong ..

Drinking age – Noted*

Water –  sans bubbly

Overall visit –  FIVE STARS - What a beautiful place!

Also wanted to take a moment to thank the posters..I truly did appreciate the videos, and comments.. Actually pulled me back in again.. No Wisconsin dates on the map so this will have to do!!

Back to work now Jim.. 

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #14 
Heelllllooooooo OX!! [wave]

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Heelllllooooooo OX!! [wave]

Smiles back... 84 in the polar vortex.. cray...cray..
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
Hey Baddy,

Saw your favorite "undead" fan in Berlin!  But no Walter, it was a different venue. 

And the "wash-up scoreboard" for the 7 hotels:

Showers with tub:  1

Bar soap instead of/with shower gel:  2

Wash cloth:  1 (an American-like Radisson near the arena in Hannover, also the only place that had a little ice dispenser that would give you one ice cube)

Seriously? The "undead" fan was there?! I'm guessing he/she probably had the exact same facial expression (or lack thereof) as before [smile]

And only one tub? Shameful!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter