Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
kennysweiss

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi.  Great show in NY (even though I'm not crazy about Irving Plaza).  Thought show started a little slowly but it heated up quickly and was insane by the end.  Orange Blossoms, On Fire, Brighter Days, Georgia Warhorse - all great.  Played alot of the new stuff - 99 Shades of Crazy, Tame a Wild One and This River were really good.  I was hoping for Harp and Drums and Write a Letter but no such luck.  Maybe next show.

I do wish JJ played guitar a little more.  I love his crowd interaction and storytelling but the band is a little different when he is playing with them.

Lap guitar playing on Georgia Warhorse was easily the coolest part of the night.  The guy is amazing.

Eric Krasno opened the show and was excellent.  Joined the band for the encore and tore it up.  The guy is a great guitar player.

Anyone else here at this show?
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 
 Hey Kenny!!
Welcome to Our Front Porch!
Thanks for coming aboard and hope you will visit often,
this is thee best place in the
WORLD  <insert echo echo echo .....>
to visit for everything and anything M*O*F*R*O!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
ChrisCornell

Reply with quote  #3 
I was there. Awesome show. 

Drunk college kids fighting in the front completely ruined it for me. Dancing is cool but these kids were wasted and stepping all over people. And some people were on something intense!

Great show though.
kennysweiss

Reply with quote  #4 
Yea, both of the JJ shows I have seen have had drunk college kids (or maybe 25 year olds!) being stupid.  Seems part of the whole general admission show scene these days.  I was about half way back and avoided most of that.  The thing that bothers me even more are the people that simply talk really loudly through the whole show -- it is as if they are not even aware they are at a concert!  The further away from the stage, the more people are talking.  Two 20 something girls in front of me were going on and on about incredible bullshit and they were louder than the band!  Had to move.

Webster Hall is a better location than Irving Plaza and Bowery Ballroom would be even better for JJ.  Looking forward to next show.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #5 
here is a little momento for ya kenny and CC!!
thanks cachick420 for caputuring!!!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennysweiss
    Webster Hall is a better location than Irving Plaza and Bowery Ballroom would be even better for JJ.  Looking forward to next show.

I am purty shure JJ and the guys have played
both those venues if my memory serves me

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter