Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All, I'm Tracy and I became a HUGE JJ Grey and The Mofro fan  in October of 2010. I have NEVER had a band/music that has grabbed my soul before discovering them. I'm an official groupie! I'm a little embarrassed that a band could make me wake up and go to bed thinking about their words. I'm aware that some of the songs are as simple as he sings about, but somehow, I find DEEP meaning in most. Thanks JJ for letting me expand my little simple mind!

I Love that they are huge, but at the same time, they keep it so quaint. JJ was introduced to me during a difficult time in my life, I live day to day on his music. It makes me put The most painful and unbarable time in my life in perspective. It helps the grief!
I'm a midwest 80's/country girl....NOBODY could get me to listen to anything else...Until JJ. Thanks Guys, for broadening my horizons! I can't wait to see/hear more from y'all!

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome aboard Tracy!

I'm probably going to cause a bit of a fuss beating everyone else to sayin' the first "howdy," but I speak for all, active and lurkers alike, when I say there is always room for another fan that fell into the big top hat that is JJ&M with the rest of us.

Have you seen them live, and when is the next show you will be attending?

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome to the Front Porch Tracy!

(Great Questions tox! )

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome Tracy!

JJ has affected many of us the very same way as you. We heard one song and had to know who it was and then immediately we needed more Mofro... NOW!
If you haven't seen a live show yet, you will be blown away.  They will be in St. Louis Feb 5.  I plan on being there... adding one more state to my traveling circus.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

Welcome to the Front Porch Tracy!!

(way to go Tox!!!)

Amazing how JJ and Our Boys have this effect on us, doesn't happen to awl of us, just the lucky ones!  And if you have never seen them live yet, OMG, you will literally be blown away!!  Again WELCOME!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #6 

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #7 

I MUST HAVE THAT DOOR MAT!

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #8 
and you can giggs........
for $14.99

IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #9 

Thanks for the welcome y'all! Sorry I haven't been back since the day that I first posted. My Mom passed away January 7th after a 6 month battle with lung, bone and brain cancer. I was lucky to have been able to have her in my home and to take care of her. I'm sure she is up there singing " I believe". I played that song over and over again to her because SHE is the reason that I believe in everything! Thanks for the welcome...Off to read over some other posts!

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tox
Welcome aboard Tracy!

I'm probably going to cause a bit of a fuss beating everyone else to sayin' the first "howdy," but I speak for all, active and lurkers alike, when I say there is always room for another fan that fell into the big top hat that is JJ&M with the rest of us.

Have you seen them live, and when is the next show you will be attending?

Hi Tox, YES, I have seen them twice now. House of Blues in Chicago back in October and at The Vogue in Indy in Dec. I'm planning on going to their March 22nd show up in Evanston, Il also. I've turned my 14 year old son onto them and wish I could find a show where all ages are welcome nearby of course.

I had a wonderful experience at the HOB. Back in July, when my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, A great friend of mine posted "The sun is shining down" on my FB wall. I sobbed and sobbed as I listened to that song over and over(That is how I was turned on to them). My Mom didn't want to do any chemo. I selfishly begged her to try it, b/c without it, the docs gave her weeks to live. I told her that if she lost her hair from it than I would shave my head and be bald with her. Well, after her second session, she lost her hair, so I had to keep my word. I shaved my head (my hair was long) and donated it to Locks of Love. Anyway, that same wonderful friend asked me if I would go to the show with her. I agreed. I was very excited, went out and bought a cute wig for the night. We were right up at the stage, listening to them play song after song. I wanted so badly to hear The sun is shing down. He didn't play it, so when they went offstage and came back on for the encore, I scribbled a note asking him to play that song and if he did, I would take my wig off. He ended up playing that song, I took my wig off, he hugged me and told me that he knew the pain I was in and gave me his guitar strap and a pick. I couldn't stop crying. I'll never forget that night and I'll never forget his compassion!

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #11 

Please accept my most heartfelt & sincere condolences. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family!

IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

Please accept my most heartfelt & sincere condolences. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family!

Thank You Giggles. It's tough, but she's at peace now!

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #13 

IWTLHB's, thank you so much for sharing your poignant story. Your love and devotion for your mother shines through in your post! What a lovely and unselfish gesture to shave your long locks to support your mother! I am so very happy that you got to hear Sun Is Shining Down and  to meet JJ, though it was very bittersweet, it is a memory you can cherish forever!

IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e

Love this! Miller Lite to be exact!

Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Tracy, I met you and your friend (jill?) at the Vogue show in Indy.  I was to the left of Amy from Illinois. So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother.
IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mofro ho
Hi Tracy, I met you and your friend (jill?) at the Vogue show in Indy.  I was to the left of Amy from Illinois. So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother.
Really? I have to apologize, but I was a drunken fool that night and I don't quite remember meeting you. Yes, my GF name is Jill . Good memory! I Love Amy, what a sweet, sweet women she is. I feel like US JJ fans are in a world of our own. I'll have to watch the video again from that show that someone posted to see if I can remember who you are! BTW, your screen name cracks me up!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #17 

I am very sorry to hear of your loss IWTLHBs.  As Giggles said earlier, your deep love and dedication to your Mother is very apparent.  It has been a while, but I lost my Daddy .... who would have turned 70 Saturday.  I still miss him.   I hope that your sorrow eases as time passes. 

I hope you visit the Front Porch often and someday, maybe someday, our pathes will cross at a Mofro show!  Have a beautiful day!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I am very sorry to hear of your loss IWTLHBs.  As Giggles said earlier, your deep love and dedication to your Mother is very apparent.  It has been a while, but I lost my Daddy .... who would have turned 70 Saturday.  I still miss him.   I hope that your sorrow eases as time passes. 

I hope you visit the Front Porch often and someday, maybe someday, our pathes will cross at a Mofro show!  Have a beautiful day!

Thank You Sunshine! I'm so sorry about the loss of your Dad. As I told a friend of mine....I am now in "That club". It's excruciating, but have been assured that, although the pain will always be here, it will ease and the smiles and happiness start to become more and more. I'm counting on it! My Mom was only 57, which makes it even more painful, b/c she was robbed of so much life. Anywho, I'm so excited about this site and a big, fat, HUGE Thank You to Clay for starting this! I, too, hope that our paths will cross at a show one day!

Reply with quote  #19 
Hey there IWHTLHBs. I don't know if you answered this question somewhere, but what does your screen name mean? Or should it be obvious to me?? We are so glad to have you around here. Your story just gave me chills. That is so amazing. I am an oncology nurse, so I know full well what you are going through. I see it day after day. And just being around so much cancer scares me to no end. I dread the day that anything happens to my mom. She and I are so close, and I can understand what kind of pain you must be facing. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother was far too young. You are a brave woman.
IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsyAshley
Hey there IWHTLHBs. I don't know if you answered this question somewhere, but what does your screen name mean? Or should it be obvious to me?? We are so glad to have you around here. Your story just gave me chills. That is so amazing. I am an oncology nurse, so I know full well what you are going through. I see it day after day. And just being around so much cancer scares me to no end. I dread the day that anything happens to my mom. She and I are so close, and I can understand what kind of pain you must be facing. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother was far too young. You are a brave woman.

Thank You AntsyAshley! Ahem...**Clears throat** My screen name is a lil' bit on the dirty side(well actually A LOT on the dirty side) and now I'm too embarrassed to share what it means, BUT it has to do with my sick obsession with JJ. I happen to think that he's a sexy, sexy beast and well, it has something to do with that! HA! Vaugue enough for ya?
You are a special breed to be able to be an oncology nurse. I happen to think that cancer is one, if not the most cruelest diseases out there. I'm not sure how any of you can be around that on a daily basis, but I know that you have to be a strong person. Thank You for taking care of those who are batteling this asshole of a disease!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter