Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
thefollower

Reply with quote  #1 
Or the question might perhaps how big can they be?  Maybe even how big do they want to be?  As I read in an article and having known from meeting him, JJ is one of the very few entertainers that is down to earth and doesn't let one ounce of his success go to his head.  Do you think JJ is holding back from going mainstream or becoming a well known name?  If so why and how?  I have introduced this band to probably over 300 people no shit and I haven't found one person that has not bought an album or downloaded a few songs of theirs.  Everyone is like "man, you were right.  They are bad ass, I like their sound." To me this is JJ's identity.  His soulful sound and meaningful lyrics that seem to have disappeared from music decades ago. This leads me to ask this question.  Opinions, facts, whatever..... Lets hear it
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

I believe they would not be holding back as they would want to be as successful as they could, maybe to the point (but hopefully not) of not having to tour so much.  It has to be a strain at times to always be on the road away from loved ones.  I think they were beyond a hit over in Germany and in one of the interviews of JJ over there this past month, he says that he has plans to return sometime later this year. 

I am not quite shure how the songs/musicians get promoted on the radio, this is why I have an incredibley hard time trying to figure out how and why you bout never hear them on mainstream stations. does this have something to do with their slow growth of popularity?  I don't know.

they are begining to sell out more often I think.  Imagine what an appearance on Letterman could do, it could catapult them right out there, but maybe they wouldn't want it that fast.  No telling.  I just know JJ is one of those guys that is probably not focused on $$$, but he is just living the dream and if it takes him to more popularity great, if not, his outlook would be great just the same.  JJ is truly an inspiration of being happy with what one has and not always trying to think more is better.

I hope this somewhat answers your question.

nice signa tour by the way!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
thefollower

Reply with quote  #3 
Yea I agree Sunshine, and they have been spitting out records like crazy lately (the past two years).  I have also noticed that more and more of their shows are selling out and they have covered so many miles touring it is absurd. No clue about the radio.... I mean what kind of station would play them?  It is not really in one specific genre, but it covers a few.  I just don't understand who in the world would not like them.  It blows my f'ing mind.  How can it not inspire people.  His lyrics, his demeanor, everything about JJ Grey & Mofro.  Hell, if someone doesn't like em and I hear em say it.  Those are fightin words in my opinion.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter