Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #1 
I don't often do this sort of thing but as this is a cause near and dear to my heart, I am reaching out to the community that has helped me through so much in the hopes of raising money for Lymphoma.

A lot of you may not know me, but in the early days of this site, I was an avid and prolific contributer to these forums. Then around October of 2010 my health started to decline and thus began a three year journey down a winding and treacherous path to diagnosis. After multiple bone marrow & lymph node biposies, I was diagnosed with indolent lymphoma. At first I was absolutely terrified. As a society we are taught that cancer equates death and I was consumed with the fear that I would die a young woman, leaving my disabled son alone in the world. With the help of my physicians and a network of Lymphoma Survivors, I have come to understand my disease and take the stance that I am LIVING with cancer, not dying from it. I have become empowered and inspired by these amazing WARRIORS and want so desperately to raise much needed funds for the research and treatment of Lymphoma by participating in my area's 5K Lymphoma walk. So please, if you have even just a dollar to spare, would you please consider donating to my fundraising efforts with Lymphomathon?

Thanks to all and have a wonderful day!
You will definitely be seeing more of me 'round this parts in the coming days!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

billybob

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Gigs, have to admit I have missed reading your posts, always made me laugh. Donation on its way . Billybob
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Trust in your Journey my Friend 
[smile]
(gotcha covered)

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
home2

Reply with quote  #4 
Keep going strong!

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you all so much for your support, you can not possibly know how much it means to me!
You guys & gals ROCK!

home2

Reply with quote  #6 
Well to the rest of the MOFRO-family...
WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE?
Let's help giggles reach her goal... click on her link Lymphomathon  and make a little donation...it won't hurt, I promise...
She only has 13 days left to raise her part of the fundraiser.
home2

Reply with quote  #7 
Go Girl! You almost reached your goal!  [thumb]
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you all so very much for your support. It means the world to me!
And an extra special shout out to my cheerleader home2, you're the BEST!

home2

Reply with quote  #9 
Whoop Whoop!
   G-I-G-G-L-E-S, 
   Wonderwoman and no less!
   G-I-G-G-L-E-S,
   help her fundraise 'till she wiggles!
home2

Reply with quote  #10 
...and she already exceeded her fundraising goal...(whoaaahhhh...and the crowd cheers!)

(this is fun, giggles, I don't know you, but maybe we can change that someday [smile]  )

Are you going to any of the upcoming shows?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter