Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #1 
Just curious.  There are some great small clubs out there where it'd be awesome to see them play.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 

I don't think they ever have.  They've played Tahoe quite a few times, but nothing else in Nevada that I recall. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #3 
july 25th 2003
at the 
Mandalay Bay on the BB King, Jeff Beck Galatic tour.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
july 25th 2003
at the 
Mandalay Bay on the BB King, Jeff Beck Galatic tour.

Ahh, I stand corrected...  And if anyone would know, obviously uhollis would!  Thanks uhollis for that info, as always.  You are a wealth of Mofro Knowledge, pleasure to have you on this site... 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #5 

I would LOVE to see them play House of Blues @ Mandalay Bay.  It is the perfect venue for them to do a show.   Maybe The Pearl at the Palms.  I would be there in a second if they announced a gig at either of those places.

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

I would LOVE to see them play House of Blues @ Mandalay Bay.  It is the perfect venue for them to do a show.   Maybe The Pearl at the Palms.  I would be there in a second if they announced a gig at either of those places.

ANYWHERE besides the House of Rules......please!

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley

I didn't have any problems with the place.  We went to see DOWN at HOB in Vegas and the venue was great.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley

I didn't have any problems with the place.  We went to see DOWN at HOB in Vegas and the venue was great.

Stan's referring more about it being a House of RULES than the venue.  I tend to agree with him.  While the venue's themselves are great, HOBs that is, the rules and staff are usually ridiculous.  Been to a couple of HOB Mofro shows and I tend to agree.  The venues were sweet, especially Chicago, but the rules and staff make it harder to enjoy the show...

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Stan's referring more about it being a House of RULES than the venue.  I tend to agree with him.  While the venue's themselves are great, HOBs that is, the rules and staff are usually ridiculous.  Been to a couple of HOB Mofro shows and I tend to agree.  The venues were sweet, especially Chicago, but the rules and staff make it harder to enjoy the show...

What kinds of rules were they imposing?

Shannon went to the HOB show in Chicago last time they played there and had no complaints.

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #10 
i'd go with the huntridge theater, ifn that is still there.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
I can only attest to the HOB Orlando and am glad to say they've relaxed them considerably. Before about 2 years ago before they'd let you enter they'd make you empty your pockets and look in women's purses. If you had ANY type of camera you couldn't bring it in. You either had to trek back to the parking lot or rent a locker right by where they've just denied you entry (what a racket.) They would also wand you and frisk your pockets. I couldn't get my hookah in there no matter how well I disguised it.

Their bouncer ratio used to seem like it was 1:1. You couldn't go a few feet without, well, bouncing off of one of them. If someone managed to get in with a camera they'd yell at them and tell them to put it away or they'd throw them out. Shit like that. But like I've said, well they had to toss the camera rule. Ain't nobody can enforce that anymore. And it seems to be a better overall vibe. They don't wand you anymore.

I don't know why it was also so "you gotta knife in your pocket buddy?" sort of thing before. We go to 2, sometimes 3 shows a year there and it never has seemed to be a rough place or rough crowd even since they've gotten a bit more loose.
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #12 

My only expereience at HOB Vegas was to see DOWN, which is a band comprised of members of Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity, and Crowbar.  So the crowd was a bit rougher than the usual JJ crowd I'm use to seeing.  Security there was very chill and only had to deal with some drunk guy who was causing a commotion at the bar when they asked him to move after standing right in front of a group of people watching.  Other than that they were very friendly and reasonable in their dealings with the audience.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter