Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 

Yep, the fansite is now on Twitter! DT and I will be tweeting stuff relevant to the band. He set up the account and grabbed the bull by the horns and has gotten everything ready to go. If you ain't got a twitter account now you got a good reason to get one.

If you do have one you can follow us @mofrofans

bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #2 
I am following us

I am @AbolishTheFed

My background image is:

bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #3 
I tweeted about this site being on Twitter and got this response

Lisa Phillips
@
cool! do you guys support Ron Paul 2012?

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #4 

Ooooo! I'll have to sign up again! I had an account for a year or too but found my life was just to f*cked to accurately & adequately capture in 140 characters!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw24
I tweeted about this site being on Twitter and got this response

Lisa Phillips
@
cool! do you guys support Ron Paul 2012?

Yeah, I saw that...  Odd response to say the least...  Don't know how they get Ron Paul out of Mofrofans, but I'm sure there are wierder things out there...  Either way, it got us another follower.  Keep Spreading the Mofro!

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #6 
DT:

It is because I tweeted from my "political" account which has a JJ/Country Ghetto snake on it as well as Ron Paul --one of my 1,920 followers saw that and asked if JJ and Moro  fans like Ron Paul
bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #7 
It's nice to have Followig me on Twitter
3nail

Reply with quote  #8 

I am a "follower" now. I've never tweeted myself, but I do have an account & will occasionally check it out. Now, I will have a reason to twitter more!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #9 
one question ..........

1) will the twitter thang have different info than here or fb? 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
one question ..........

Good questions Sunshine.  Will it have different info?  Probably not, being that with twitter you are limited to 140 characters as compared to what you can do with this website or facebook.  We are looking to basically use it as an extension of the website to draw people in that have not heard of or don't know the website exists.  It will also be helpful in promoting the band and everyone in it, i.e. Greyhounds, Art, Daryl, etc...   And while it won't have any different info than the website, it will most likely have the info posted on it before it is posted on here.  It's easier to tweet something than to come one here and post.  Phone apps and access to twitter make it what it is, an easy access media portal that can be accessed pretty much anywhere these days.  Hope that answers your question.  That pretty much sums up why we decided to start one for the site and run with it.  Not just to reach out to people and promote the site, but to make sure that do everything we possibly can to promote the band and JJ's music. 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
one question ..........

After thinking about it, there will probably be different info on twitter than on here in that there will be things posted on twitter that never make thier way over to here or in a thread.  So, in those cases, yes.  We posted on there that there was some new merchandise on the band site, some new hats and the 2010 NYE Poster.  Didn't think to come on here and post something like that.  Was thinking more along the lines of notifying followers and giving them the info so they go and check out the band site, merchandise area to be exact.  Alot of it will be announcing show times and details, for both JJ Grey & Mofro, and anyone related, Greyhounds, Daryl, etc... in order to promote the shows and hopefully get someone who didn't know or wasn't planning on going to check it out.  Especially Daryl and the Greyhounds, they can use all the promoting they can get.  The rest will be used for just general info, breaking news, and provide a way to easily access that information if you are unable to make your way onto the FanSite...

Note:  In no way is the twitter account being used to overshadow the website or replace it in any way.  First of all, it's not capable of doing so, and second of all, it is merely being used as a tool to help promote and expand the website.  I'm excited about it and I know Clay is, although hopefully not too excited, I don't think the old bags heart can take too much excitement.  That's why he stopped watching Matlock and only watches the Golden Girls now, but that's another story...

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
You know DT, I thought that was a real good post until that last part. You are SO wrong! Golden Girls got old. Now I'm into reruns of Three's Company.

That said, yes I'm very excited about this. As more and more people are tweeting I think we're keeping up with the times. And even if you choose to not get an account you can still follow the tweets at the box above. It refreshes itself constantly. You can also go online and see the tweets HERE

The main way most people use it is on their phone. You get real time tweets and can comment back. DT and I will both be tweeting when we go from shows and I anticipate we'll have a guest tweeter from time to time. (It won't be Richard though.)

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Quote:
one question ..........

We posted on there that there was some new merchandise on the band site, some new hats and the 2010 NYE Poster.  Didn't think to come on here and post something like that.     awe, bummer .....

don't think I have the time to follow yet another social thing online.  I have no access to apps or anything like that, I just hope I won't miss out on any important news or info.

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
You get real time tweets and can comment back.

I commented and didnt get a reply

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:

DT and I will both be tweeting when we go from shows and I anticipate we'll have a guest tweeter from time to time. (It won't be Richard though.)

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 

Like that didja ox? Haven't heard from him in a while so I hope he sees it. Takes all the fun out of it if you talk smack about somebody and he don't see it!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #18 
Back to the subject at hand...I've put a "follow" button at the very top of the page. You can read tweets from there. You don't have to have a twitter account to lurk. (I may move the button somewhere else. I'm experimenting with it at the moment.)

I've not tested it on any browsers other than IE. If anyone can't see it or it looks funky or something then please let me know.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:

Back to the subject at hand...I've put a "follow" button at the very top of the page. You can read tweets from there. You don't have to have a twitter account to lurk. (I may move the button somewhere else. I'm experimenting with it at the moment.)

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e
Quote:
You get real time tweets and can comment back.

I commented and didnt get a reply

First of all, I'm not sure whether your comment warranted a response, but you got one...  Turn that frown up side down!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter