Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
kingcracker

Reply with quote  #21 
Hey Clay, yeah we ain't really no metropolis out here at exit 32 but we do know how to have a good time....got plenty of acres out here to put on a mofro/greyhounds party and not have to worry bout Barney and Andy too much.....we jus need some Mofros or Greyhounds.
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20
I can do either the 15th,17th or 18th shows or whatever they need.

Hey, harp!  You gonna be at the Atlanta show on the 18th?  If so, I'll see ya there

Looks like I will be able to. 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #23 
I'd love to get back to my small town roots KC. Although my small town was more like 10,000 where I grew up. Truthfully I envy the type of place you live.

I heard from Trube. He said that costs and booking questions and all that are handled by their booking agent and to holler at them:
Brandon DeMaris DeMaris Entertainment
Austin, Texas
(512) 961-6355
brandon@demarisentertainment.com
http://demarisentertainment.com/fr_home.cfm

JJ's booking agent is Monterrey International I think. It's on jjgrey.com on the contact page.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #24 

Okay, I'm gonna update Trube on the merch help/street team stuff. Here's what I got:

Chicago    Modifab
Atlanta     Bad Habit, harmonicasp20
Charlotte  harmonicasp20
Asheville   harmonicasp20, sunshine?, Eva?*

I can put all y'all down for helping with merch? I asked Trube what else they had or could be done, posters or anything else people can do or hand out or anything and he said:
posters :
all clubs have them and should have them up as well.
i have extras, i can also put together a small show specific hand bill .....
just about anything is possible if it's going to get people out to our show.

modi--is this anything your friend in Atl might could help with? Anybody got any ideas? Let's give 'em as much help as we can. They need to get these places filled up in order to make a few bucks.

*Only if her alcohol intake is constantly monitored

modifab

Reply with quote  #25 
As far as Benny in Atl. That was just a spread the word kinda thing. He's from here but is a transplant down there. I know he's got a few friends down there that like live music so I just told him to get their collective asses to the show. He's just as busy as I am so it's doubtful he'd show up real early to be much help.

On the other hand with me in Chicago... I may yet have to bug out of that. Shit just hit the turbine here so I'm gonna be a game time decision to make the run over there now. Let Farrell know if I end up going I'll be in touch along the way to see if there's anything I can help with last minute kinda thing.

I'd be happy to spend some time at the merch table so long as it doesn't keep me from the Greyhounds set. I'll probably be solo any way. I gave Blossom a bump about joining me but she hates my fuckin guts more than you do MF1.

Admin
Reply with quote  #26 

That's all cool. Damn I hope you can make Chicago. I'll keep my legs crossed for you. I'll let 'em know. As for merch, I'm guessing that the time they could use the most help would be after. That way they can chat with folks and sign shit without having to worry about showing sizes and collecting money and all that.

modifab

Reply with quote  #27 
Sho nuff.

Post show hustle n bustle I could definitely cover for em.

Admin
Reply with quote  #28 

Oh, I forgot...I KNEW I liked Blossom for a reason!

kingcracker

Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks alot for the info Clay. I sent Brandon an email askin for prices and such. If we somehow can get he greyhounds to the porch all y'all Mofrofans are invited. If we can't get em here, maybe sometime in the future we could have a HOCAKE party where we all get together and cook everything that's named in the song.... Sounds corny I know, but could be done...anyone interested?
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcracker
Thanks alot for the info Clay. I sent Brandon an email askin for prices and such. If we somehow can get he greyhounds to the porch all y'all Mofrofans are invited. If we can't get em here, maybe sometime in the future we could have a HOCAKE party where we all get together and cook everything that's named in the song.... Sounds corny I know, but could be done...anyone interested?

I think it sounds great!  A friend of mine lives up north and said they have a bunch of couples that meet up before a show, a pre-party of sorts, and that's exactly what they do - have a good southern feast!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Okay, I'm gonna update Trube on the merch help/street team stuff. Here's what I got:

Chicago    Modifab
Atlanta     Bad Habit, harmonicasp20
Charlotte  harmonicasp20
Asheville   harmonicasp20, sunshine?, Eva?*

I can put all y'all down for helping with merch? I asked Trube what else they had or could be done, posters or anything else people can do or hand out or anything and he said:
posters :
all clubs have them and should have them up as well.
i have extras, i can also put together a small show specific hand bill .....
just about anything is possible if it's going to get people out to our show.

modi--is this anything your friend in Atl might could help with? Anybody got any ideas? Let's give 'em as much help as we can. They need to get these places filled up in order to make a few bucks.

*Only if her alcohol intake is constantly monitored

how funny *

I can help with the merch table,

just let me know the details or give trube my cell or email. 

Gonna get a fix one way or another! 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #32 

Not that I want to commit you to something or anything Sunshine but I'll be Trube and Farrell and AC would sure love some barbeque when they come to town.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #33 

I talked to Trube. He is sooooooo thankful to all y'all. He said they are antsy to get out there and get this started and sounded real excited.

One way to help out that wouldn't take too much time on everyone's part is to put the word out via FB and/or any other social media you might be part of.  Maybe include the tour video (previous pg) on the post so people can hear/see what they're all about.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Not that I want to commit you to something or anything Sunshine but I'll be Trube and Farrell and AC would sure love some barbeque when they come to town.

did they say something???!!  I reeeeeelly want to, just trying to make the time, it is a 18 hr commitment ...... doing ribs and chicken with the sides for my familia this weekend as a thank you for watching our Angel while we did the whirl wind in Florida......then  work, damn it ...... sorry for the explicitives.... I can only say that I can try ......

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #35 
No they didn't say anything and I didn't bring it up. I know this is probably the busiest time of year for you so I don't think anybody expects it! You can do it next time.

And if you continue to have such a potty mouth then DT and I will have to have a conference to discuss what to do with you.
Calypso

Reply with quote  #36 

Luellas BBQ in asheville

Midwood Smokehouse charllote

see you there

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso
Luellas BBQ in asheville
Midwood Smokehouse charllote
see you there

Silence of the Hams

Waynesville, NC

1st Place in Pulled Pork

~ NC BBQ Competition ~

Tryon, NC

Calypso

Reply with quote  #38 

thanks for the tip. I will have to try it at some point.

this time around it will have to be closer to asheville and charlotte shows.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter