JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #21 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Quote:
no problem, I guess I am not as absorbant .....  

Nooo. Cause then you'd be a ShamWow.

true, cuz we both know that ain't nuthin shamwow bout me

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #22 
I hear ya Hollis, it's like WS on speed.  Cole's beat on the drums is WAY too fast....come on guys, slow it down!

BadHabit....PLEASE tell me you got On Palastine on video.....love that tune!

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #23 

I did!  But no tellin' how long before I can download/upload - will do my best to do it soon!  There's a long intro (story) that I haven't had time to edit out, so I will probably just leave it on there for now.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #24 

I was reading back thru this thread and shame on me for not thanking Habit for taping this. It is indeed high on my list of faves. I critized the particular performance but always love this song. Forgive me my dear for not saying thank you.

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #25 
The guy you hear in the background telling JJ that the beer is Bavarian (and saying, "You're safe") is our new friend Josef

On Palastine

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #26 
Lazy Fo' Acre

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #27 

Thank BH!  On Palastine is such a great tune.

Reply with quote  #28 
JJ AND THE BAND JUST KEEP GETTING...............................................
BETTER  and  BETTER and  BETTER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS, ERICA

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day
JJ AND THE BAND JUST KEEP GETTING...............................................
BETTER  and  BETTER and  BETTER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS, ERICA

I concure whoteheartidly!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Vogel

Reply with quote  #30 
Yep, it's not only the play f***in' good, they play with soooo much fun. And with Soul !!
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:

Onlz for me?  Hmmmmm, "always looking over my shoulder, bad habit."

I always forget about that part until he sings it
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:

I was reading back thru this thread and shame on me for not thanking Habit for taping this. It is indeed high on my list of faves. I critized the particular performance but always love this song. Forgive me my dear for not saying thank you.

No problem!  I know how much you liked it - even if you didn't actually like it
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #33 

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #34 
GREAT, GREAT PHOTOS.  THANKS for posting.  Looking forward
to more memories of your trip.  AND, WHAT A MEMORY FOR YOU ALL!

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day
GREAT, GREAT PHOTOS.  THANKS for posting.  Looking forward
to more memories of your trip.  AND, WHAT A MEMORY FOR YOU ALL!

I know, I still have lots to post about the shows - just trying to get photos and videos up now.  This was an amazing experience for all of us... I think impossible to put into words.  But soon I will try
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
I think Trube started in the wrong kez too and JJ had to follow. Doesn't he sound a little high? (No...not that kind of high.) That said, I alwazs enjozs me some Wrong Side!!!

Onlz for me?  Hmmmmm, "always looking over my shoulder, bad habit."

Ha ha - just saw this!  I always forget about that part until I hear it
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #37 
* This venue was a youth center.  It was also a really, really small crowd!
* We saw a Roseanne Barr look-alike
* I got a bottle opener for the bartender girl (who was having to open beer bottles with a wrench) and made sure to return it to Jim (since he seemed a little reluctant to give it up).  I had no idea (until the next day) that it wasn't even his!  It was actually just sitting right there in front of him on the podium.  I felt terrible!  Oh well, at least she got to use it and not risk injury
* Met Elke & Josef and had picture taken with them.  I think Josef was trying to be tough and surly (when getting his picture taken - I wanted his picture because he had on a Mofro t-shirt), but I saw right through him - he's a big ol' teddy bear!
* This is the show where Hannah was moved by I Believe, so after the song I went to hug her - then I was crying myself - ugh!  I was just thinking about what a great time we'd been having, and all the great people we'd been meeting, and how this experience could never truly be described to anyone who wasn't there.
* I loved tonight's Lazy Fo' Acre even more!  Farrell was tearing it up on that keyboard and for a minute I just had to pretend he was "tickling my ivories" (sorry Rylund, but it was that good!)
* We chatted again with JJ for a couple of hours (said he was drunker than Cooter Brown - so my dumb ass said, "Unh uh, you aren't as drunk as that first night at the Bamboo Room when you said you were drunker than Cooter Brown.  That night you were really drunk!" - I'm just glad he didn't call me out like he very well could have after my escapades in New York.  Sometimes I wonder if he even knows I'm the same person.  God, I hope not!)
* JJ & Misty had their heart-to-heart talk, but that is her story to tell if she so chooses  But Jim did say if not for the language, JJ could be a motivational speaker.
* JJ pulled up a chair and was talking about music executives, offers they've had, and why they'll never get "big" (because he doesn't want to).  He said lots of stuff, but I don't want to misquote anything.  I have a feeling he's pretty much exactly where he wants to be.
* JJ was going on and on about how damn proud he is of Daryl and all his recent successes.  He sure was fired up!  It was actually really cute to see how genuinely happy he was for Daryl - told me a lot about their relationship.
* The cab driver the morning after Giessen was hilarious and dying to come back to America with us.  With the crazy way he drove, I told him he'd fit in great in NYC!  When he brought us to the train station he accidentally let go of the clutch, so the car lurched forward.  Then he said something like, "Fuckshiester!"  We died laughing saying that he taught us new words.
* As we entered the train station, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw an icee (it was actually more of a slushie).  I was so damn excited I walked off and left my luggage smack dab in the middle of the station!  Thank goodness Misty was watching out for me and picked it up
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter